• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

from the ar15.com Hometown forum -Walker say he might push CCW through this week

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Got this from the AR15.COM Hometown forum tonight.

I heard today, and I don't know if it's true, that Gov. Walker said, "Well since the Dems decided to run away from this bill, maybe next week should run CCW through."

I will be watching the Senate Video / Audio feed all week.

If it happens it will likely be a very clean bill, probably almost as good as Constitutional carry.

Last edited:

Trip20

oh man what a tease

I hope it happens...... I've been sick of watching those whiners in Madison... I can't think of a better way to repay the runaway dems....

CalicoJack10

I can imagine it now, kickin it into 6th, rollin on the throttle, rapping the pipes to scare the cage next to me on the breeze way, and pulling in front of them so that they can read my "Honk if you have never seen a gun fired from a moving motorcycle" t-shirt.

I am a smoker, I can't hold my breath that long. But I sure will try. lol :banana:

HandyHamlet

:banghead:

If I may be so bold... I can imagine you rolling on the throttle, your aftermarket pipes sound so good the asshat in the cage can't help but notice. He/she gives you a thumbs up as you ride by. He/she can't read your tee underneath your leathers. And they don't want to run all bikes off the road because we scare the sh*t out of them.

;)

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

:banghead:

If I may be so bold... I can imagine you rolling on the throttle, your aftermarket pipes sound so good the asshat in the cage can't help but notice. He/she gives you a thumbs up as you ride by. He/she can't read your tee underneath your leathers. And they don't want to run all bikes off the road because we scare the sh*t out of them.

;)

Maybe I am not as smart as the bikers who taught me what being a biker was all about, but I have gotten to the point where I prefer to ride in 90 degree weather and in the summer I usually ride in just cut off t-shirts, jeans, boots, and idiot goggles. And after having more than a half million miles and 15 years under my belt in this life, if I go down, leathers aint gonna help. Then there is always the fact that I am just well built enough that I can get away with wearing a snug t-shirt (especially cause I hate getting my armpits beat to crap by the shirt in the wind). But I suppose that could easily be taken care of with a shoulder holster and a wheel gun.

And if we are being totally honest, the cage would likely look at me (or any armed biker) and see the gun and spend the rest of the time trying to look like he was not looking at me. You know, there are only 3 basic types of bikers. Yuppies, pretenders, and real bikers. I don't make enough to be a yuppie, and I don't wash my bike enough, or sit in one place long enough to be a pretender. :banana:

BROKENSPROKET

I heard today, and I don't know if it's true, that Gov. Walker said, "Well since the Dems decided to run away from this bill, maybe next week should run CCW through."

Walker has said nothing like that publicly. Atleast not that I have seen. Ask the guy on AR.15 for a link.

The closest thing I have heard about CC was in a press conference with Republican Majority Leader Sen. Fitzgerald on Saturday morning.

http://wiseye.org/Programming/VideoArchive/EventDetail.aspx?evhdid=3776 about minute 7:25

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

OK, seriously, back on topic, apparently there is going to be an interview with Walker on good morning America (2/21, and though I am not a fan of GMA I will have to watch to see if he addressed CC) and they have had a thing up since about 1 this after noon where people can post questions for him to ask the governor. I posted one about CC and I read through some of them, I could see that there were a lot of people who wanted to know why CC was not being passed since they were at a stand still on the budget. So hopefully that will get addressed in about 4 hours. But being that it is Good Morning America, I am sure that they will avoid that subject like the plague.

I have it set to record, because I am too lazy to get up before 10, so I will take a look at it as soon as I roll my lazy a$$ out of bed and then rush in here to see if there is anything new.

here is teh address in case anyone is still up and wants to put up another CC question.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2011/02/exclusive-interview-with-wisconsin-governor-scott-walker-tomorrow.html

Last edited:
M

McX

thanks guys, even if it just a rumor, or a whisper, you started my week with a smile for me!

BROKENSPROKET

OK, seriously, back on topic, apparently there is going to be an interview with Walker on good morning America (2/21, and though I am not a fan of GMA I will have to watch to see if he addressed CC) and they have had a thing up since about 1 this after noon where people can post questions for him to ask the governor. I posted one about CC and I read through some of them, I could see that there were a lot of people who wanted to know why CC was not being passed since they were at a stand still on the budget. So hopefully that will get addressed in about 4 hours. But being that it is Good Morning America, I am sure that they will avoid that subject like the plague.

I have it set to record, because I am too lazy to get up before 10, so I will take a look at it as soon as I roll my lazy a$$ out of bed and then rush in here to see if there is anything new.

here is teh address in case anyone is still up and wants to put up another CC question.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2011/02/exclusive-interview-with-wisconsin-governor-scott-walker-tomorrow.html

Watched GMA 20 minutes ago. Not a word.

CalicoJack10

I flipped on the DVR as soon as my feet carried me into the front room this morning. That was disappointing. However, I did notice that they said that non budget/job related bills needed less votes and were expected to hit the floor tomorrow. And I have had my local legislature tell me that CC was on the docket as soon as the money and job situations were squared away. So I am not holding my breath, but I am still hopeful.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I flipped on the DVR as soon as my feet carried me into the front room this morning. That was disappointing. However, I did notice that they said that non budget/job related bills needed less votes and were expected to hit the floor tomorrow. And I have had my local legislature tell me that CC was on the docket as soon as the money and job situations were squared away. So I am not holding my breath, but I am still hopeful.

I agree..it's a wait and see thing...But it would be cool if on let's say Thursday..they slam it through :)

M

McX

i'll move the anticipated date from thurs to fri. on my calendar then.

Yooper

Email your reps, and demand that they take up CC because their hands are tied on the budget. Tell them it is a perfect thing to get done while they are waiting for those who run away from an argument to get back.

MKEgal

Have all of you written not only your own Senator, but the rest of the Republican Senators?
Tell them you want 941.23 repealed, and 167.31 too.
That's a bare minimum good start.

Give rational facts about why they're useless laws (most importantly, they don't affect criminals in the least, but do lower our safety when we follow them).
((That didn't come out right... you know what I mean. By following the law, we are less safe, not that sometimes we follow the law & sometimes we don't. That would be a stupid thing to say on a public forum, wouldn't it?))

I posted all the contact info for R Senators in another thread earlier today.
(See #11: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...s-Other-Bills-Like-CCW.&p=1472583#post1472583 )

If they need or want testimony as to why concealed carry would be helpful, I know at least 6 of us who can speak from personal experience about being harassed by police for carrying openly.

Of course, once the Senate passes it, it starts all over again in the House.

Last edited: