Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB 176 Constitutional Carry

SB 176 Constitutional Carry

SB 176 is the constitutional carry bill allowing carry of guns either open or concealed with no permit. Lets get behind this and put in our comments and email our state senators in support of this bill. Here is the link to the text of the bill:

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/7...ory.cfm?ID=426

And this is where you can comment on a bill:

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/AppCF/Opinion/76th2011/Poll/

Sent in my opinion on the legislature's website. I also read through the bill and I like that it also seems to get rid of Clark County's immunity from certain portions of state preemption. Unfortunately, with the clout of Las Vegas, that may be what kills this bill.

Activist Member
    Very cool!

Also be sure to make comments FOR AB 185 (Prohibits parks dept from banning guns), AGAINST SB 171 (bans guns at child care/school sponsored events, bans tools/knives at college), FOR AB143 (any semi-auto on CC permit)

I hope BDR 742 (campus carry) becomes a bill soon.

Yes! This outstanding bill is worthy of our FULL SUPPORT!

Full text of SB-176: www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/76th2011/Bills/SB/SB176.pdf

Urge the Senate Judiciary Chairman, Senator Valerie Weiner (D-Clark County #3) to allow a full and fair hearing for this bill! vwiener@sen.state.nv.us

Please email/write/call/fax all members of the Senate Judiciary Cmte, urging them to pass this bill!

Don't forget to thank Senator Don Gustavson (R-Washoe #2) for introducing this great bill!
    dgustavson@sen.state.nv.us

Wiener, Valerie
    E-mail Address(es):
    vwiener@sen.state.nv.us
    Department: Leg Bldg Rm 1219
    Office: 775-684-1422
    Phone: 702-871-6536
    Notes:
    D, Clark no 3
    Chair, Senate Judiciary Cmte

Copening, Allison
    E-mail Address(es):
    acopening@sen.state.nv.us
    Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2129
    Office: 775-684-1475
    Notes:
    D-Clark, No. 6
    Vice Chair, Senate Judiciary Cmte

Breeden, Shirley
    E-mail Address(es):
    sbreeden@sen.state.nv.us
    Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2126
    Office: 775-684-1457
    Notes:
    D, Clark Co no 5

Gustavson, Don
    E-mail Address(es):
    dgustavson@sen.state.nv.us
    Web Page: http://www.DonGustavson.com
    Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2104
    Office: 775-684-1480
    Notes:
    Washoe County Senatorial District #2

Kihuen, Ruben
    E-mail Address(es):
    rkihuen@sen.state.nv.us
    Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2124
    Office: 775-684-1427
    Notes:
    D, Clark no 10

McGinness, Mike
    E-mail Address(es):
    mmcginness@sen.state.nv.us
    Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2160
    Office: 775-684-1442
    Web Page: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Senate/Cu.../McGinness.pdf
    Notes:
    LCB (775) 684-1442, LCB office number 2131
    Republican, Central NV Senatorial District,
    Senate Minority Leader

Roberson, Michael
    E-mail Address(es):
    mroberson@sen.state.nv.us
    Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2103
    Office: 775-684-1481
    Notes:
    R, Clark no 5

And as mentioned, don't forget to visit www.leg.state.nv.us/AppCF/Opinion/76th2011/Poll/ and submit your 'vote' and opinion!

Done!!

My simple minded response in the comments section.

"The Bill of Rights and the Constitution gives me the right to protect myself and my family from harm. The 2nd amendment gives us all the right to KEEP AND BARE firearms. We should all have the right of self protection at anytime in any manner and location as a law abiding Citizen. The 2nd amendment is my CCW permit period!! Gun laws only take away law abiding Citizens rights, not criminals!!! They could care let about any law. You are all Oath takers, honor that Oath of Office and protect our Rights!"
    Last edited by BBJCaptain; 02-22-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Just to clarify, the Bill of Rights and Constitution do not "give" you that Right. I suggest the following wording instead:

"The Constitution and Bill of Rights affirm my right to defend myself and my family......"

and

"The 2nd amendment affirms that the right to KEEP AND BEAR arms shall not be infringed."
    Last edited by wrightme; 02-22-2011 at 05:48 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Excellent point, Mr Wright.

It may seem like a small "wording thing" to some, but words do mean things!

Also, I encourage folks to reference - and place equal emphasis on - Article 1, Section 11 of the Nevada Constitution.

Wyoming Constitutional Carry

Just got back from 4 days at "Frontsight" and talked to a guy that was from Wyoming and he said "Constitutional Carry" just pasted there last week. Lets hope for the best !

When people lose everything, They have nothing to lose, Then they lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by varminter22 View Post
    Yes! This outstanding bill is worthy of our FULL SUPPORT!

Full text of SB-176: www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/76th2011/Bills/SB/SB176.pdf

And as mentioned, don't forget to visit www.leg.state.nv.us/AppCF/Opinion/76th2011/Poll/ and submit your 'vote' and opinion!
    I just "voted" my support at the above URL.

lets start this again

there is currently a new push for constitutional carry with plans to start a more structured group to push for it http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...gram-revisited
    Last edited by Frantic84; 08-22-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    remove handgun registration in Clark County,NV

2nd amendment in modern English: The people have the right to own and carry firearms, and it may not be violated because a well-equipped Militia is necessary for a State to remain secure and free.

Re: SB 176 Constitutional Carry

Any status on this?

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    Any status on this?

You mean besides the fact that the legislature is not in session? :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Carry On

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    Any status on this?

It didn't make it last session. Maybe a new bill can be proposed in 2013.

Sent from my computer using Internet Exploder 8
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 09-17-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Zombie thread returns from the dead. I read on the facebook nevada open carry page that a new constitutional carry bill has been voted on and is looking promising ao far does anyone else have any more info?

There is a legislative thread for 2013 in the stickies. Have you looked there yet?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Yeah i looked in there the other day but didnt see anything about the progress of that particular bill. Ill look again though and post in that thread from now on

Quote Originally Posted by vegaspassat View Post
    Yeah i looked in there the other day but didnt see anything about the progress of that particular bill. Ill look again though and post in that thread from now on
    Actual bill progress is first reported at the link to each bill on the legislature website. If it isn't there, it probably isn't.

Zombie thread returns from the dead. I read on the facebook nevada open carry page that a new constitutional carry bill has been voted on and is looking promising ao far does anyone else have any more info?
    I saw that. And immediately emailed Senator Hutchinson:

Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:01 AM
    To: Mark Hutchison
    Cc: [several personal email addresses omitted]
    Subject: SB-137 status?

Dear Senator Hutchison,

My attention was recently drawn to a March 1, 2013 letter from you to a Mr Paradis, stating SB-137 unanimously passed the Senate Judiciary Committee. Said letter, attached, was posted on Facebook.

While I am truly hopeful that is correct, I do have some doubt as the bill has no information posted (NELIS) about any hearing nor vote ever being conducted.

Please elaborate on the status of SB-137.

Sincerely,

CPO J. L. “Larry” Rhodes, USN(RET)
    Fallon
    (775) 427-4563

P. S. I certainly urge you to join Senator Gustavson, et al, in sponsoring SB-137.
    And despite the above email and a telephone message for the senator, I've not received any response.

Frankly, I believe the senator got his wires crossed. I/we would have known if the bill had even received a hearing.

Take a look a the legislature website history page and NELIS. Nothing has happened with SB-137.

Thanks varmiter, I posted the letter in the legislation thread before I looked at this one.

I spoke with Senator Hutchinson's secretary in Carson City this a.m.

She was not aware of the letter but said she would try to research it and get to the bottom of this matter.

The Senator's letter, as posted on Facebook, is of low resolution and difficult to read. But the Senator did say in the letter:
    “The measure [SB-137] was referred in the Senate Judiciary Committee of which I am a member. It was unanimously passed by the committee.”
    The letter appears genuine. But, obviously, something is amiss.

Last edited by varminter22; 03-15-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Interesting that his secretary didn't know anything about it. I was thinking it likely that their computer system was taking a while to update or something.

Interesting that his secretary didn't know anything about it. I was thinking it likely that their computer system was taking a while to update or something.
    ...typical government computer...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Activist Member
    Frankly, I believe the senator got his wires crossed. I/we would have known if the bill had even received a hearing.
    Plus, it seems exceedingly unlikely to pass unanimously, with Senator Segerblom's as chair.
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 03-16-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felid`Maximus View Post
    Plus, it seems exceedingly unlikely to pass unanimously, with Senator Segerblom's as chair.
    Yes. And I think Segerblom is holding the hearing in hopes it will become an anti-gun forum.

Citizens were outraged when Segerblom disallowed the pro-gun voice(s) at his "Informational Hearing on Gun Violence" last Friday. He said the pro-gun people would get their chance to speak "next week." It turns out he meant that chance would come at the hearing for SB-226, SB-137, and SB-223.

Nevada: Pro-Gun Bills to be Heard on Monday [March 25, 2013]

Several pro-gun measures that would improve Nevada firearm laws will be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday, March 25 at 9:00 a.m. Please contact Committee members using the information provided below and urge them to support Senate Bills 226, 137 and 223.

More at: http://www.nraila.org/legislation/st...s=&st=10492&ps=

We MUST show pro-2nd Amendment support!

Citizens were outraged when Segerblom disallowed the pro-gun voice(s) at his "Informational Hearing on Gun Violence" last Friday. He said the pro-gun people would get their chance to speak "next week." It turns out he meant that chance would come at the hearing for SB-226, SB-137, and SB-223.
    I watched the hearing and there was a few that talked in support but of coarse they paraded every law enforcement department in the state ( in uniform of coarse ) except NHP in opposition of all 3 bills. After it was over then they let the NRA rep talk for about 20mins. I was amazed at how gun illiterate all the Dems seemed to be especially the one representing Ford. He had no clue what anything on, in or around a gun was. He was trying to describe something he didn't like on an AR (assault weapon, his words) and it looked like he was trying to make a make believe snowball. I think he was trying to describe a magazine.

How they can sleep at night ruling on something they know absolutely nothing about is beyond me. It's really sad that is the best the other side cares to vote into office.

BBJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast