• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 176 Constitutional Carry

Loneviking

njeske

Sent in my opinion on the legislature's website. I also read through the bill and I like that it also seems to get rid of Clark County's immunity from certain portions of state preemption. Unfortunately, with the clout of Las Vegas, that may be what kills this bill.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Very cool!

Also be sure to make comments FOR AB 185 (Prohibits parks dept from banning guns), AGAINST SB 171 (bans guns at child care/school sponsored events, bans tools/knives at college), FOR AB143 (any semi-auto on CC permit)

I hope BDR 742 (campus carry) becomes a bill soon.

varminter22

Yes! This outstanding bill is worthy of our FULL SUPPORT!

Full text of SB-176: www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/76th2011/Bills/SB/SB176.pdf

Urge the Senate Judiciary Chairman, Senator Valerie Weiner (D-Clark County #3) to allow a full and fair hearing for this bill! vwiener@sen.state.nv.us

Please email/write/call/fax all members of the Senate Judiciary Cmte, urging them to pass this bill!

Don't forget to thank Senator Don Gustavson (R-Washoe #2) for introducing this great bill!
dgustavson@sen.state.nv.us

Wiener, Valerie
E-mail Address(es):
vwiener@sen.state.nv.us
Department: Leg Bldg Rm 1219
Office: 775-684-1422
Phone: 702-871-6536
Notes:
D, Clark no 3
Chair, Senate Judiciary Cmte

Copening, Allison
E-mail Address(es):
acopening@sen.state.nv.us
Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2129
Office: 775-684-1475
Notes:
D-Clark, No. 6
Vice Chair, Senate Judiciary Cmte

Breeden, Shirley
E-mail Address(es):
sbreeden@sen.state.nv.us
Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2126
Office: 775-684-1457
Notes:
D, Clark Co no 5

Gustavson, Don
E-mail Address(es):
dgustavson@sen.state.nv.us
Web Page: http://www.DonGustavson.com
Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2104
Office: 775-684-1480
Notes:
Washoe County Senatorial District #2

Kihuen, Ruben
E-mail Address(es):
rkihuen@sen.state.nv.us
Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2124
Office: 775-684-1427
Notes:
D, Clark no 10

McGinness, Mike
E-mail Address(es):
mmcginness@sen.state.nv.us
Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2160
Office: 775-684-1442
Web Page: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Senate/Current/Senators/McGinness.pdf
Notes:
LCB (775) 684-1442, LCB office number 2131
Republican, Central NV Senatorial District,
Senate Minority Leader

Roberson, Michael
E-mail Address(es):
mroberson@sen.state.nv.us
Department: Leg Bldg Rm 2103
Office: 775-684-1481
Notes:
R, Clark no 5

And as mentioned, don't forget to visit www.leg.state.nv.us/AppCF/Opinion/76th2011/Poll/ and submit your 'vote' and opinion!

BBJCaptain

Done!!

My simple minded response in the comments section.

"The Bill of Rights and the Constitution gives me the right to protect myself and my family from harm. The 2nd amendment gives us all the right to KEEP AND BARE firearms. We should all have the right of self protection at anytime in any manner and location as a law abiding Citizen. The 2nd amendment is my CCW permit period!! Gun laws only take away law abiding Citizens rights, not criminals!!! They could care let about any law. You are all Oath takers, honor that Oath of Office and protect our Rights!"

Last edited:

wrightme

Just to clarify, the Bill of Rights and Constitution do not "give" you that Right. I suggest the following wording instead:

"The Constitution and Bill of Rights affirm my right to defend myself and my family......"

and

"The 2nd amendment affirms that the right to KEEP AND BEAR arms shall not be infringed."

Last edited:

varminter22

Excellent point, Mr Wright.

It may seem like a small "wording thing" to some, but words do mean things!

Also, I encourage folks to reference - and place equal emphasis on - Article 1, Section 11 of the Nevada Constitution.

Judge.410

Wyoming Constitutional Carry

Just got back from 4 days at "Frontsight" and talked to a guy that was from Wyoming and he said "Constitutional Carry" just pasted there last week. Lets hope for the best !

When people lose everything, They have nothing to lose, Then they lose it.

vegaspassat

Zombie thread returns from the dead. I read on the facebook nevada open carry page that a new constitutional carry bill has been voted on and is looking promising ao far does anyone else have any more info?

vegaspassat

Yeah i looked in there the other day but didnt see anything about the progress of that particular bill. Ill look again though and post in that thread from now on

wrightme

Yeah i looked in there the other day but didnt see anything about the progress of that particular bill. Ill look again though and post in that thread from now on

Actual bill progress is first reported at the link to each bill on the legislature website. If it isn't there, it probably isn't.

varminter22

Zombie thread returns from the dead. I read on the facebook nevada open carry page that a new constitutional carry bill has been voted on and is looking promising ao far does anyone else have any more info?

I saw that. And immediately emailed Senator Hutchinson:

Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:01 AM
To: Mark Hutchison
Cc: [several personal email addresses omitted]
Subject: SB-137 status?

Dear Senator Hutchison,

My attention was recently drawn to a March 1, 2013 letter from you to a Mr Paradis, stating SB-137 unanimously passed the Senate Judiciary Committee. Said letter, attached, was posted on Facebook.

While I am truly hopeful that is correct, I do have some doubt as the bill has no information posted (NELIS) about any hearing nor vote ever being conducted.

Please elaborate on the status of SB-137.

Sincerely,

CPO J. L. “Larry” Rhodes, USN(RET)
Fallon
(775) 427-4563

P. S. I certainly urge you to join Senator Gustavson, et al, in sponsoring SB-137.
And despite the above email and a telephone message for the senator, I've not received any response.

Frankly, I believe the senator got his wires crossed. I/we would have known if the bill had even received a hearing.

Take a look a the legislature website history page and NELIS. Nothing has happened with SB-137.

varminter22

I spoke with Senator Hutchinson's secretary in Carson City this a.m.

She was not aware of the letter but said she would try to research it and get to the bottom of this matter.

The Senator's letter, as posted on Facebook, is of low resolution and difficult to read. But the Senator did say in the letter:
“The measure [SB-137] was referred in the Senate Judiciary Committee of which I am a member. It was unanimously passed by the committee.”
The letter appears genuine. But, obviously, something is amiss.

Last edited: