Thread: Bridgeton MO 2/27/11 Open Carry City Hall Tour

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar

Bridgeton MO 2/27/11 Open Carry City Hall Tour

To Whom it may concern,

I will be eating lunch at Subway sub shop at 12370 Natural Bridge Road. on Sunday 2/27/11 at 12:30PM. Then going a across the street to take a picture of myself and any Open Carry-er who wishes to join me in front of the brand new Bridgeton city hall/police station. I do this for open carry awareness. Bridgeton has no specific laws governing OC. So you only need to meet state requirements for legal OC , but I can not guaranty my actions will be appreciated by local authorities, as well I do not claim responsibility for any unjust persecution you may receive for doing as I do.

If by chance the restaurant that I am going to eat lunch at choses to not want me there and I have to eat elsewhere I suggest that if you are joining me you should contact me for my cell number in advance.

Doc

ooh natural bridge...this one will be fun.

yesterday we had a bbq for my brother birthday. we walked up to the meat market (ferguson) and got some hot dogs and walked back. i OC'd my sr9c.

when i got back to the house, my step dad asked if i was guarding the hot dogs.
    thus i was dubbed the hot-dog protector

I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    i was dubbed the hot-dog protector
    Does that make you an athletic supporter?

umm...i hope not

well damn...only if we were going to get tacos instead...lol

Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    To Whom it may concern,

I will be eating lunch at Subway sub shop at 12370 Natural Bridge Road. on Sunday 2/27/11 at 12:30PM. Then going a across the street to take a picture of myself and any Open Carry-er who wishes to join me in front of the brand new Bridgeton city hall/police station. I do this for open carry awareness. Bridgeton has no specific laws governing OC. So you only need to meet state requirements for legal OC , but I can not guaranty my actions will be appreciated by local authorities, as well I do not claim responsibility for any unjust persecution you may receive for doing as I do.

If by chance the restaurant that I am going to eat lunch at choses to not want me there and I have to eat elsewhere I suggest that if you are joining me you should contact me for my cell number in advance.

Doc
    I'm in. I invited 20 or 30 others... maybe 1 or 2 will show....
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg2185 View Post
    Count me in.
    Bout time...

Good times

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSTL View Post
    Bout time...
    It was a nice meet up as usual. We had a conversation for about 20 min in there front of City Hall Funny thing, As people were leaving and there was just 2 of us left a LEO came out and curiously yelled across the parking lot "Who do you work for". I yelled back "Nobody just up here admiring your new government facility. Open carry is legal in your jurisdiction". He then calmly said "I know, I just saw all you guys had firearms and thought you may have been officers needing something." Then he turned around and went back inside.

Doc

i was starting to drive away but stopped to see what would happen. the leo did not seem to care one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    It was a nice meet up as usual. We had a conversation for about 20 min in there front of City Hall Funny thing, As people were leaving and there was just 2 of us left a LEO came out and curiously yelled across the parking lot "Who do you work for". I yelled back "Nobody just up here admiring your new government facility. Open carry is legal in your jurisdiction". He then calmly said "I know, I just saw all you guys had firearms and thought you may have been officers needing something." Then he turned around and went back inside.

Doc

Perfect LEO encounter. Came out to see if you needed assistance and went back to work, can't beat it.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

so wheres next on the list?
    i hope not the 13th cause ill be out trout fishing!

by the way i got my utah permit yesterday

I got called into work and couldn't make it. Sorry guys. I'm glad to hear everything went so well. Looks like we had more of a crowd this time.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    so wheres next on the list?
    i hope not the 13th cause ill be out trout fishing!

by the way i got my Utah permit yesterday
    congrats

Doc