• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bridgeton MO 2/27/11 Open Carry City Hall Tour

sohighlyunlikely

To Whom it may concern,

I will be eating lunch at Subway sub shop at 12370 Natural Bridge Road. on Sunday 2/27/11 at 12:30PM. Then going a across the street to take a picture of myself and any Open Carry-er who wishes to join me in front of the brand new Bridgeton city hall/police station. I do this for open carry awareness. Bridgeton has no specific laws governing OC. So you only need to meet state requirements for legal OC , but I can not guaranty my actions will be appreciated by local authorities, as well I do not claim responsibility for any unjust persecution you may receive for doing as I do.

If by chance the restaurant that I am going to eat lunch at choses to not want me there and I have to eat elsewhere I suggest that if you are joining me you should contact me for my cell number in advance.

Doc

kylemoul

ooh natural bridge...this one will be fun.

yesterday we had a bbq for my brother birthday. we walked up to the meat market (ferguson) and got some hot dogs and walked back. i OC'd my sr9c.

when i got back to the house, my step dad asked if i was guarding the hot dogs.
thus i was dubbed the hot-dog protector

mspgunner

To Whom it may concern,

I will be eating lunch at Subway sub shop at 12370 Natural Bridge Road. on Sunday 2/27/11 at 12:30PM. Then going a across the street to take a picture of myself and any Open Carry-er who wishes to join me in front of the brand new Bridgeton city hall/police station. I do this for open carry awareness. Bridgeton has no specific laws governing OC. So you only need to meet state requirements for legal OC , but I can not guaranty my actions will be appreciated by local authorities, as well I do not claim responsibility for any unjust persecution you may receive for doing as I do.

If by chance the restaurant that I am going to eat lunch at choses to not want me there and I have to eat elsewhere I suggest that if you are joining me you should contact me for my cell number in advance.

Doc
I'm in. I invited 20 or 30 others... maybe 1 or 2 will show....

sohighlyunlikely

Good times

Bout time...

It was a nice meet up as usual. We had a conversation for about 20 min in there front of City Hall Funny thing, As people were leaving and there was just 2 of us left a LEO came out and curiously yelled across the parking lot "Who do you work for". I yelled back "Nobody just up here admiring your new government facility. Open carry is legal in your jurisdiction". He then calmly said "I know, I just saw all you guys had firearms and thought you may have been officers needing something." Then he turned around and went back inside.

Doc

bridgtonOC.jpg

kylemoul

i was starting to drive away but stopped to see what would happen. the leo did not seem to care one bit.

mspgunner

It was a nice meet up as usual. We had a conversation for about 20 min in there front of City Hall Funny thing, As people were leaving and there was just 2 of us left a LEO came out and curiously yelled across the parking lot "Who do you work for". I yelled back "Nobody just up here admiring your new government facility. Open carry is legal in your jurisdiction". He then calmly said "I know, I just saw all you guys had firearms and thought you may have been officers needing something." Then he turned around and went back inside.

Doc

bridgtonOC.jpg

Perfect LEO encounter. Came out to see if you needed assistance and went back to work, can't beat it.

kylemoul

so wheres next on the list?
i hope not the 13th cause ill be out trout fishing!

by the way i got my utah permit yesterday

StevenSTL

I got called into work and couldn't make it. Sorry guys. I'm glad to hear everything went so well. Looks like we had more of a crowd this time.