• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Outfit your own private army in Arizona"

PavePusher

"Need to outfit your private army…a drug cartel…a crime syndicate?

Arizona appears to be the place to go to buy a five hundred AK47s if you can afford them.

And if you plan to smuggle your arsenal into Mexico, you can even count on ATF looking the other way.

Interesting Arizona Republic story:

'Arizona has few rifle-sale limits

by Robert Anglen on Feb. 20, 2011, under Arizona Republic News

A man approaches the counter at a Glendale gun store and asks for five AK-47 rifles.

Three days later, he returns and buys seven pistols. Two weeks later, he buys 20 more AK-47s.

Over the next several months, federal agents say, the same man, Uriel Patino of Phoenix, will return to Lone Wolf Trading Co. 18 times, buying a total of 42 handguns and 190 semiautomatic rifles.

Patino tells store clerks that all 232 guns are for his personal use.'"

http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-...our-own-private-army-in-arizona/#comment-9067

Much more at link.

And I left a lengthy comment/light fisking.

Freedom First

Wow. The owner of the shop is clearing unable (or unwilling) to see beyond his cash register... I wonder how many Mexicans and possibly even Americans died from the weapons he supplied, directly, to the gangs that are tearing that counrty apart.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Wow. The owner of the shop is clearing unable (or unwilling) to see beyond his cash register... I wonder how many Mexicans and possibly even Americans died from the weapons he supplied, directly, to the gangs that are tearing that counrty apart.

And I wonder how much pressure may have been applied by ATF to encourage him to complete those sales? There is just something beyond all the obvious errors and editorializing in the newspaper story (the correct word, as it's more fiction than truth) that does not add up.

No tin foil hat just yet. But the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up.

stay safe.

Freedom First

And I wonder how much pressure may have been applied by ATF to encourage him to complete those sales? There is just something beyond all the obvious errors and editorializing in the newspaper story (the correct word, as it's more fiction than truth) that does not add up.

No tin foil hat just yet. But the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up.

stay safe.

Sir, are you suggesting that our fine federal overlords would kindly ask a citizen taxpayer to do something immoral? Posh.

Sonora Rebel

Yeah. Starting with the batfe.

It would appear that BATF was creating the conditions on which to base their 'case' of weapons from the US being smuggled into Mexico. Manufacturing evidence... if not planting it, for propaganda purposes and 'photo ops'. Quite possibly, the dealers affected may have had their FFL's threatened if they didn't cooperate. This is Mafioso type thug tactics. Don't expect this news weenie to exercise any critcal thinking skills... They'll just write about the act... not the causative reasons for such.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

It would appear that BATF was creating the conditions on which to base their 'case' of weapons from the US being smuggled into Mexico. Manufacturing evidence... if not planting it, for propaganda purposes and 'photo ops'. Quite possibly, the dealers affected may have had their FFL's threatened if they didn't cooperate. This is Mafioso type thug tactics. Don't expect this news weenie to exercise any critcal thinking skills... They'll just write about the act... not the causative reasons for such.

Classic tactics from the SA under this crypto-marxist regime. Lies, cheating, teleprompter BS, illegal activity and plausable denial--or attempting it. Worked for Stalin and Hitler, Mao, Pot-pol and other heroes of the 'messiah.' Why not for him?