• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Barbara Corcoran tells caller to shoot messy neighbor

eye95

meh. She was joking.

What is disturbing is that such a joke would freak folks out--even when they know she is joking. A joke about far more serious violence would not cause the rise of a single brow--unless it involved a firearm.

MKEgal

Yes, she was obviously joking, but that's not something you joke about.
Completely inappropriate.

Being a New Yorker she's probably never held a gun, much less fired one, so has no idea what she's talking about.

eye95

Yes, she was obviously joking, but that's not something you joke about.
Completely inappropriate.

Being a New Yorker she's probably never held a gun, much less fired one, so has no idea what she's talking about.

Why on Earth not? Folks joke about shooting others--and all other manner of nefarious misdeeds--all the time. So what?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Good for Al Roker stepping in the way he did so rapidly. If he hadn't, you know some loon somewhere would have popped his neighbor and used the show as a defense.

I've never been impressed by her, and I'm glad the article ended with the following:

"This is not the first time Corcoran has made a mistake on the Today show, even if she did not realize it at the time. Back when she joined the show, Corcoran insisted on numerous occasions that there was no bubble or that the worst was behind us."

Interestingly, we've lost another 4% in the market since 2010, and the headlines today said it will in all liklihood continue to decline until it's restabilized at less speculative levels.