Thread: SB 1017, consolodating the BFPE into the DPS...... not good!

SB 1017, consolodating the BFPE into the DPS...... not good!

S.B. No. 1017 AN ACT CONCERNING THE CONSOLIDATION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND HOMELAND SECURITY AND THE BOARD OF FIREARMS PERMIT EXAMINERS INTO THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY, AND TRANSFERRING RESPONSIBILITY FOR AMUSEMENT PARK OVERSIGHT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER PROTECTION.

I'll be testifying on this one tomorrow.

Something about letting those that can deny or revoke your permit also be the individuals those that get the final say in an appeal that bug me.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

I absolutely agree. Never a big fan of any one entity being the judge, jury, and executioner.

Looks like it might fail.

not only for the obvious that people like I testified on...... many of the groups (firemen for instance) may lose federal grant funding f the government dynamic changes.

so, I don't care why it fails, just that it does!

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.