Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your EDC here in Washington?

What is your EDC here in Washington?

What does everyone EDC???

I carry a XD45 in a galco holster, spare mag, kershaw speedsafe, Swiss army knife... On the weekends same thing but instead of the XD45, I carry my SA 1911...
    Last edited by Johnsmith1521; 02-21-2011 at 06:23 PM.

9mm Star BM in UM84. no spare mag, no knife. 8+1 and not looking for trouble.

I do not think I will need more than that untill the zombie outbreak..

A Sig P-229 in a Serpa and 2 reloads in a Fobus double mag carrier, both paddles.

The two mags on the weak side help keep my waistband level.
    Last edited by amlevin; 02-21-2011 at 07:44 PM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

well,,,

Star Modelo Super A, 9mmLargo, 9 X 23
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EDC.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	5276

XD45 in a Serpa
    1 spare mag
    Fenix L2d 2xAA Flashlight
    Leatherman "Blast"
    Kershaw "Cyclone" OR a generic folding utility knife

Plus obviously phone, keys, wallet...

Stainless 44 special, 1911 38 Super, S&W Mod 49 38 spec, 1911 45 acp, 1875 Remington 45 LC, just depends on the day and my attitude.

9mm Sigma everyday, When fishing ,hiking or hunting 45/410 Judge 2.5 mix loaded with PDX1 & 45 lc.
    and a Kimber Pepper blaster every day.

Back up cc gun is a Bryce 380 auto.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    EAA Witness converted to 9mm
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsmith1521 View Post
    What does everyone EDC???

I carry a XD45 in a galco holster, spare mag, kershaw speedsafe, Swiss army knife... On the weekends same thing but instead of the XD45, I carry my SA 1911...
    Every Day Carry (EDC)

Bianchi belt (Which I LOVE by the way)
    Beretta 9mm 92FS Cross Draw in a Level 2 Serpa holster (about 11 o'clock) *Loaded Winchester Rangers T-Series*
    2 15 rd mags in a kydex open top double mag pouch (about 8 o'clock) *Loaded 124gr Hydra-Shok hollow points*
    Beretta PX4 Storm .45 ACP in a (being made) leather holster (3 o'clock) *Loaded Hornady Hollow Points* 230gr
    Mace / flashlight pouch on right front pocket
    Surefire G2 flashlight (usually in my front pocket of jacket *left side* / sweatshirt)
    Cell phone in pouch (9 o'clock)
    Wallet (Back Pocket, or with wife when carrying sterile)
    Folding razor blade knife (Next to mace on right front pocket)
    2 spare mags .45 ACP (Wife usually carries as I have reloads for the 9. I am currently looking for mag pouches for my PX4
    Last edited by Deleted_User; 02-22-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Currently a CZ SP-01 9mm in a $20 high noon holster till I can find a good kydex holster I like for it. When I don't carry the CZ, I carry an XD service in 357SIG. Sometimes I carry a reload for both guns, but I also need to get new mag puches, my old ones were sold and my super old ones for my 45 don't work well. Otherwise, I carry a cell phone, usually a folding kershaw knife, my keys and don't forget the chapstick. lol

As of 01/01/2011

This is my EDC kit:

During the cooler months, I always wear a jacket, so I'm constantly carrying concealed. I use the IWB Comp-Tac MTAC because it's more comfortable than my Serpa CQC holster.

XD. 40, black spera holster kept on tactical gun belt, extra mag kept in black hawk holder, Walther P.22 in a ankle holster and a spring assisted (legal) CRKT Tonto knife
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1298378285159.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	5277  
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Glock 19 in a serpa holster, 15 round magazine and flip flops....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

XD45 (w/thumb safety) in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB.
    Spare 13rnd mag
    Surefire Polytach light
    Kershaw pocket knife

On the weekends, I swap the Supertuck for a Serpa and OC.

Quote Originally Posted by k.rollin View Post
    This is my EDC kit:

During the cooler months, I always wear a jacket, so I'm constantly carrying concealed. I use the IWB Comp-Tac MTAC because it's more comfortable than my Serpa CQC holster.
    You might want to be real careful carrying those knives in Seattle. One is just plain illegal and the other one could get you shot.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Yeah, you might get Birked...

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyeross View Post
    Yeah, you might get Birked...

Something tells me that this phrase is going to be around for some time. Especially in Seattle.

EDC- Colt 1911 oficers lightweight .45 acp in a galco high rise w/20 degree forward cant two extra mags/185 gr. talons

Brain (most important self-defense tool)

Ruger P345 (8+1) holster varies between Crossbreed SuperTuck and Blackhawk CQC.

Spare Magazine (8 rounds) weak-side

OC Spray - weak-side front pocket, carabiner attaches to belt and keeps it positioned at front of pocket for easy grab, quick release between carabiner and cartridge allows easy disconnect.

Benchmade Mini-Griptilian (2.9 inch blade) against back edge of weak-side front pocket
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Common sense.

G30 w/230gr Win. Ranger T-series in a RocketMan "Lowrider" IWB (see rmholsters.com) ---as I must CC for work.

BUG: Kahr MK9 Elite '03 w/NS & CTC Lasergrips w/127gr +P+ Win. Ranger T-series.

Emerson CQC-7Mini folding Tanto blade (Don't Birk me, bro!)

Streamlight PT-2L flashlight, cell phone, middle finger, plenty of dirty looks, etc....

For OC, the G30 goes in a Bianchi OWB holster, but that's really the only change.

You guys carry a lot of stuff.

I just got my first cpl, so I carried for the first time from my house to the range in Arlington.

My XDm .40 S&W in the holster that came with the weapon, and my leather jacket thrown over the top of it for concealment. By the end of the trip, even with my belt, the weapon was poking out the bottom of my coat from the pants sagging. I'm a big dude with no butt to speak of so I envision this being a constant problem. Though a better belt, and holster might help.

Spending my leisure money on ammo to practice with. 100 rounds a week minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82 View Post
    I'm a big dude with no butt to speak of so I envision this being a constant problem. Though a better belt, and holster might help.
    Or a pair of these:

For the tactical look there are these (also available in Black, Desert Sand, etc):

After all you wouldn't want to look like this, would you?

Last edited by amlevin; 02-22-2011 at 04:54 PM.

I'm 29, I don't know if I could pull off the suspenders like an older, more dignified gentleman could.

And H gear screams mall ninja, unless its a SHTF scenario I'm not wearing those.

Really for me, its wallet, keys, phone, small pocket knife, pistol, extra mag(when i get a mag pouch). I'll try a gun belt and different holster before I move on to suspenders. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Glock 26, Sometimes an extra mag, sometimes my surefire light. G26 in a folbus paddle or the crossbreed supertuck. Also try to never leave home without my people skills and a big box of patience.

kenzmad

Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82 View Post
    I'm 29, I don't know if I could pull off the suspenders like an older, more dignified gentleman could.

And H gear screams mall ninja, unless its a SHTF scenario I'm not wearing those.

Really for me, its wallet, keys, phone, small pocket knife, pistol, extra mag(when i get a mag pouch). I'll try a gun belt and different holster before I move on to suspenders. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Who says you've got to be old to wear suspenders?

Just don't wear them with those pants your old uncle used to wear. You know, the ones that came up half way to his chin.
    Last edited by amlevin; 02-22-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast