• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Independent News Phtographer (Stringer) helps cop

Jonton

I'm an independent still photojournalist. I carry when working primarily because I have thousands of dollars of gear on my shoulder and around my neck, making me an obvious target, but also because there's times when I'm involved in journalism situations where things might take a turn for the worst. This is a prime example.

Thanks for posting.

Pyro01

I loved the video, glad he helped that officer out because that guy was drunk and did not know what he was doing. If he hadn't stepped in it could have been pretty bad for the officer.

@ Jonton: Keep yourself safe, carry on!

zack991

I am glad he helped the officer but damn he took way to long to intervene. The cop was needing help NOW and it could have ended very badly for that officer. I also would have still covered the officer with my pistol until that POS was in hand cuffs.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Where does he live & who does he know, or who did he bribe (& for how much) to get a permission slip to carry loaded & concealed in CA?
And why didn't the backup officers tackle him at gunpoint & toss him on the ground "until they could sort things out"? (Or, as the anti-rights & anti-OC folks all assure us will happen, why wasn't he shot?)

On another note, the convenience store owner who went running after the guy w/ the knife? Bad idea. Glad he didn't manage to shoot the guy. Needs to take some training, learn about laws.

Last edited:

sharkey

I wonder what would have happened if backup showed up a little earlier. Could have been bad for the good Samaritan.

Ughh. Now I sound like one of "those" people.

Kirbinator

By getting as much video tape as he did, he did secure the point, on tape, that shows the officer was clearly pinned by the person soon arrested of DUI.

His "inaction" may have helped create a standing for his later action.