• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sorry Wisconsin, but this is going to sting!

CalicoJack10

:dude:It has been made clear to me that there is a number of people that are unhappy with the way I conduct myself. So I feel it is required of me to clear things up a bit.

I have spent a majority of my adult life fighting for the freedoms that people just talk about wanting. I have put my life and well being on the line for many years to defend the rights I believe in. There has never been a question about the fact that I support those freedoms even if I do not like the way people exercise them. This fight has left me 240% disabled (According the the department of veterans affairs), and with nightmares and physical wounds that keep me up almost every night of my life. I took this burden on willingly, and if I had to do it over again I would be just as willing as I was when I first decided to start this fight.

I have put my entire being on the line in defense of the freedoms that people squander, and I have never asked for anything in return. That being said, I will on occasion say things that you don't like, or that you disagree with, but I have earned that right with my blood. I don't say the things I say to get a reaction, and I don't say things out of anger. I say what is on my mind with no filter, because I have the right to. I do not apologize for the things I say, because when I say them I mean them. I have built homes, helped families, and created businesses in this state without ever wanting anything in return. I treat people the way i expect to be treated, and I do not under any circumstances back down from what I believe in. No matter what the cost is!

If you do not like what I have to say and are not willing to be open minded, you can put me on ignore and forget I exist. I am not concerned about making sure that I don't hurt anyone's feelings. I am the one that speaks from the reality of my opinion, and that is almost always going to offend someone.

In less than a year I helped about 10,000 veterans through an organization that I built and almost nobody has ever heard of. And I not only paid for almost everything out of pocket, but I also was only one of 7 people to actually do something other than send money and forget about those that fight for YOUR freedoms. I was the one sitting up with many of these service members talking them out of suicide at 3 in the morning, and I was the one bringing them into my home off the streets for thanksgiving dinner.

I have kids all over this state that call me uncle, not because they are related to me, but because I have been a role model to them all. There are those that know me personally all over the country that will tell you that despite my look and the way I present myself, I am the nicest guy they have ever met.

I teach free open carry in Wisconsin because I am concerned about the well being of my fellow upstanding citizens. I have no need to make more money, and if I don't have to pay to teach concealed carry, I will be doing that for free also. I am not like other instructors that will try to dazzle or baffle you with some resume that is blown way out of proportion, my skill is shown in what I can teach others to do. Like the old saying goes "Put up or shut up!"

If I feel strongly about something, i am going to pipe up, and if someone gets offended, then there is nothing I can do about that. But if you have a different thought or belief, don't tell me, show me. Actions speak louder than words!

And just so we are clear, I have quite an extensive training record, and it just gets longer by the week.

:dude:

1FASTC4

Thanks for your service. Not sure that you have more rights than anyone else, which means I'm not sure of the point of your post. You can put your horn down now.. it's been tooted an awful lot.

nevinsb

Coming from someone stranded in Korea, I also thank you for your service. I understand how frustrating it can be listening other people's opinions when they don't have the testicular fortitude to do the same.

xd40 neenah

I too thank you for your service and your sacrifice. Maybe we missed something together guys...but I sure am glad to hear that people are helping our veterans! Good work Jack!

And I cannot say it enough, thank you.

CalicoJack10

There was just some complaining (several someone's in fact) that they did not like what I had to say, and telling me that I should tone it down. I don't think that I have any more rights than anyone else, but at the same time I am being told these things by those that don't stand up for anything other than what effects them. Not people that don't know me, but people who have had the chance to meet me in person and get to know me.

So I thought that I should clarify what kind of guy I am without pointing out anyone in particular.

As far as my service, the best way to thank me is to stop and shake the hands and thank the veterans you see on the street. While I appreciate your "Thank Yous" if it were not for those that served before me, and after me, we would not live in a free country. I am just one fish in an ocean.

You all didnt miss anything, the ones (5 of them that I know of) that this applies to will know who they are.

Last edited:

1FASTC4

There was just some complaining (several someone's in fact) that they did not like what I had to say, and telling me that I should tone it down. I don't think that I have any more rights than anyone else, but at the same time I am being told these things by those that don't stand up for anything other than what effects them. Not people that don't know me, but people who have had the chance to meet me in person and get to know me.

So I thought that I should clarify what kind of guy I am without pointing out anyone in particular.

As far as my service, the best way to thank me is to stop and shake the hands and thank the veterans you see on the street. While I appreciate your "Thank Yous" if it were not for those that served before me, and after me, we would not live in a free country. I am just one fish in an ocean.

You all didnt miss anything, the ones (5 of them that I know of) that this applies to will know who they are.

Well I'm with you on this... there are those who get their feelings hurt by direct talk. I never really understood it.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

Thank you for your service !!! & for your continued service to the Vets. I am also one that has taken the PC filter off when I speak & what I say is normally what I feel & some don't care for the content or tone of my words either...but I say, too bad Mostly... although their is a difference between direct talk & being a Prick !

Wow, NevinsB...When did you go to korea ? Year long Deployment ? Thank you for your service too !

Last edited:

anmut

Two things:

1) Always remember that it's just the internet.

2) Always remember that you can walk away from your computer at any time.

CalicoJack10

Just thought I should clear up one more thing

This post is a result of face to face interactions, and not the internet.

Motofixxer

I think too many people take things too literal and personally. People need to chill out and realize we all have our personal views and opinions. If somebody doesn't agree with you, that's ok, they don't have to.

Last edited:
M

McX

i agree with the fixxer of motos. i hope that wont be held against me (heh-heh).

CalicoJack10

I have dealt with them face to face, but after this situation came to my attention, I was told there were others, so I wanted to get it out of the way. And MOTO/McX, I agree, thats ultimately why I posted this. Unfortunately, people are under the impression that I care about peoples feelings. I respect other peoples opinions, even if I do not agree with them, but unfortunately, when I am in a public arena on the Internet, I run into the whiners that complain about what I am saying.

So I had hoped that this was something that would get these Pu****s off my back, and make them understand that I am just going to do/say what I think should be done/said without the considerations of it is going to hurt someone's feelings.

I live a great life, and I have met some outstanding people here on this forum (like Phred, Glock34, little wolf and Nutczak), but I refuse to bow down to the idea that I should be careful what I say because my beliefs might offend someone. If someone wants to live a touchy feely life and thinks that we should all do the same, I have no place for them.

It is my opinion that these "Our Feelings" types have been the ultimate cause of the sad situation that our nation is in. We cant carry a gun because someone might feel scared. We cant call someone a child molester because (Even though they sexually assault children) we need to take their feelings into account. We cant smoke in bars and restaurants because someone feels like it might be dangerous (They should just stay home). In my opinion our freedoms are not negotiable, there is no way to put restrictions on some and encourage freedoms for others. Our freedoms are equal in importance across the board, and if we have a right to exercise one, we have a right to exercise them all.

M

McX

C.J. you just gotta remember, you've been spit on by better, hold yourself above them, and they cant get to you. use your ignore button, screw em and go on. your better than that, than them.

CalicoJack10

Coming from someone stranded in Korea, I also thank you for your service. I understand how frustrating it can be listening other people's opinions when they don't have the testicular fortitude to do the same.

Korea huh, what is the name of that weird crappy alcohol that everyone drinks there? I had a roomate that was stationed there that would tell me about that stuff all the time.

Hopefully things wil stay quiet over there and you will make it home to us safely. And god willing when you return, you will be honored like the hero you are. It is I who should be thanking you for your service!