• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh, Joy - Yet another unlawful takedown

since9

Campaign Veteran
This time it's right around the corner, in Green Mountain Falls, CO.

1. Approached concerning a minor infraction for which violators "may not be arrested."

2. No required pre-approach letter was sent. One arrived two days after the arrest.

3. The owner was arrested on his own private property shortly after he refused to speak to the deputy.

4. The owner was told to "get off the phone."

Why is this important for those of us who OC? Because our website is replete with comments about how the best response to a police officer's inquiry about anything is "I don't talk to cops."

5. The suit claims Adams (the homeowner) told the deputy he had no permission to be on the property.

Sound familiar?

I sincerely hope the investigation reveals the full extent of what actually occurred, and if the deputy was out of line, then I sincerely hope he is disciplined to the fullest extent of the law, if not only for violating the man's rights, but for giving his law enforcement agency a HUGE black eye!

Law enforcement officers and agencies: Please police your own. If you can't, you'll here about it here and elsewhere.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm fairly confident that LEAs and LEOs are not gunna pay much attention to a bunch of bitter clingers. But they do pay attention to law suits and media attention. It is quite sad that law enforcement must be dragged kicking and screaming into court to be compelled to enforce the law.

Or in this case, simply following it.