• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On Writing Letters to Politicians

since9

Campaign Veteran
Folks, I've worked with my own U.S. Congressman on a couple of issues, and I know for a fact the letters he receives are, at the very least, skimmed and counted one way or the other. People are assigned to collect the better-written letters as representative samples from all sides of an issue, and he himself randomly selects samples from the entire stack.

At the very least your letter is skimmed and counted. If it's well-written, or if you're just plain lucky, it might actually be read.

So please keep those letters to your local, state, and federal legislators coming!

They DO make a difference.

Case in point.

emtechnik

I just got a reply from my state congressman on constitutional carry.

it happens. haven't tried with US congress yet. In WA it's useless to even try to get these loons to do anything pro-2a.