Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conceal Carry wil not be brought up while Dem are out

Conceal Carry wil not be brought up while Dem are out

http://www.wiseye.org/Programming/Vi...px?evhdid=3781 @6:44

And I completely understand. They are going into Regular Session to bait the Dems to come back. They do not want to pass ANY legislation while the Dems are away. IF they were to, the Dems will twist the hell out of that in the next elelction. The Majority wants all the bad attention to remain on the Dems. I can already see that the next election is going to get very ugly. Besides, that is not what a true statesman would do.

Their focus is on the Budget Repair Bill and the upcoming Budget. As it should be right now. Be patient, they will bring CC when things settle down.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 02-22-2011 at 03:49 AM.

I still say it is an amazing opportunity that has been utterly wasted. And not just from a CC perspective.

McX
    i'd like to see something go through before i will be eligible for a senior discount to get it.

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar
    I'd say let them try and slam them us the next election. They left of their own free will. THEY LEFT! Screw 'em! If anything gets passed that they don't like then why weren't they here, in WI, doing their effing jobs. They're in IL or who knows where else hiding like little children because they aren't going to get their way.

[Insert pic of crying baby here]
    Last edited by GlockMeisterG21; 02-22-2011 at 05:44 AM. Reason: can't get a picture to post. too tired to keep trying.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

CC carry

Brokensprocket is correct. Passing CC when the whole legislature isn't there to vote on it would be folly. It would just give the Dems more leverage during the 2012 elections. As it is right now the burden is on the Dems to explain to their constituents why when the going got tough they got going and left thier constituents without representation in Madison. They have "shot themselves in the foot". Also, if the Dems do recover control of the legislature in the future passing a CC bill without a full legislature present may not fare well in the state supreme court and give the Dems the ammo they want to recind all we have worked for. Think out ahead people and not just for today. CC will pass this session. We need to be patient. We do not want a bill to go through in express fashion we want it debated so that it ends up a good bill. "Act in haste, repent at leisure".

My opinion is that with the present frame of mind of the republicans in the legislature constitutional carry only has about a 33% chance of success at this time. We are gaining "one brick at a time" but time is still needed to win more converts. Also with the momentum gaining at the federal level for constitutional carry, seems like every week another state signs up, the more states we can quote as adopting constitutional carry the stronger our argument. Remember there are still members of the republican majority that have a personal dislike towards firearms. regardless the republican political party pledges. Those members are going to have a hard time embracing anything less than shall-issue with mandated permits and training. We still have work to do before the issue gets to the floor.

Centurion

Selling defeatism as Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by GlockMeisterG21 View Post
    I'd say let them try and slam them us the next election. They left of their own free will. THEY LEFT! Screw 'em! If anything gets passed that they don't like then why weren't they here, in WI, doing their effing jobs. They're in IL or who knows where else hiding like little children because they aren't going to get their way.

[Insert pic of crying baby here]
    This just seems as an excuse to do nothing and to sell it as wisdom. If the Republicans took this golden opportunity to pass constitutional legislation that would invigorate their base, they would be seen as real fighters who are willing to counter fire with serious firehoses.

I do not know how many times I have seen the RINOs as all to willing to pull defeat out from the jaws of victory.

The game has changed. The old media doesn't control the agenda any more. We use the new media to set our own agenda.

I and many others would see the Republicans as smart, tough, fighters if they use this golden opportunity to pass meaningful legislation.
    Last edited by ccwinstructor; 02-22-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: typos

Another positive to passing it early would be that it would become a non-issue by the next election. Enough time would pass to show that WI wouldn't become the wild west that fear mongers say it would with CC so the left wouldnt bother making it a point of contention(repeal) on their platform
    Last edited by 1FASTC4; 02-22-2011 at 08:24 AM.

While I can see the benefit of waiting for the "kids" to come back from Illinois to pass the carry legislation so as to take away as many opportunities/reasons to try and rescind it later, I'd still say do it anyway or at least say it's on the agenda and if they want any say on it..... show up and do their jobs.

Just put it through and if they dont show up to fight it, too bad. And if they try later to say that it's illegal because they wernt involved, remind people they would'nt show to do anything about it.

Do we want the Dems to think that they can stop anything they dont like by just "taking their marbles and going home"?

BTW.... are we paying these weenies during this little vactions?
    Last edited by Deek; 02-22-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

To pass any law, there is a "process" that must be followed. Those of us who were in the last two fights for CCW know how it works. After a bill is submitted, it gets assigned to the proper committee. A public hearing needs to be scheduled by the committee, and held. The committee then votes on the bill, and if it passes committee, it then goes to the legislature for debate/amendments/vote. The Legislative Fiscal Bureau also must do an analysis of the economic impacts of the bill if implimented. All this takes time. If a CCW bill were submitted today, it would need to move at lightning speed to get passed before the Dems return.

It wouldn't hurt to begin this process by introducing some bills to get the ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Deek View Post
    While I can see the benefit of waiting for the "kids" to come back from Illinois to pass the carry legislation so as to take away as many opportunities/reasons to try and rescind it later, I'd still say do it anyway or at least say it's on the agenda and if they want any say on it..... show up and do their jobs.

Just put it through and if they dont show up to fight it, too bad. And if they try later to say that it's illegal because they wernt involved, remind people they would'nt show to do anything about it.

Do we want the Dems to think that they can stop anything they dont like by just "taking their marbles and going home"?

BTW.... are we paying these weenies during this little vactions?
    Good counter to my post. Most certainly we don't want the dems to think that anytime things don't go their way in Madison that they can just pick up their toys and go home. I yield.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    This just seems as an excuse to do nothing and to sell it as wisdom. If the Republicans took this golden opportunity to pass constitutional legislation that would invigorate their base, they would be seen as real fighters who are willing to counter fire with serious firehoses.

I do not know how many times I have seen the RINOs as all to willing to pull defeat out from the jaws of victory.

The game has changed. The old media doesn't control the agenda any more. We use the new media to set our own agenda.

I and many others would see the Republicans as smart, tough, fighters if they use this golden opportunity to pass meaningful legislation.
    THIS 100 % ! Brokensproket your SO WRONG ! go figure
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

How is he wrong? The servant waits while the master baits.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I'm not concerned with the Republicans ability to remain in office. But then again I'm no fanboy of either party. As far as I'm concerned they're all from the same cloth.

With little exception I've been a single issue voter for the past 5 years. I just want this one damn thing from my government. If the Republicans can ram it down the throats of the Dems while they're off frolicking in Illinois, even better.

When something does not go my way at work I'm unable to leave in protest. So, eff 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    I'm not concerned with the Republicans ability to remain in office. But then again I'm no fanboy of either party. As far as I'm concerned they're all from the same cloth.

With little exception I've been a single issue voter for the past 5 years. I just want this one damn thing from my government. If the Republicans can ram it down the throats of the Dems while they're off frolicking in Illinois, even better.

When something does not go my way at work I'm unable to leave in protest. So, eff 'em.
    This too ^ I am mostly a single issue voter too, this time it was 2 issues...CCW & the Economy.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 02-22-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    How is he wrong? The servant waits while the master baits.
    I think Master Dougy is back, everyone !

Hey Spartacus. For the last time:

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-22-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I think Master Dougy is back, everyone !
    HH is not Doug.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Hey Spartacus. For the last time:

Glock is not Spartacus.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    http://www.wiseye.org/Programming/Vi...px?evhdid=3781 @6:44

And I completely understand. They are going into Regular Session to bait the Dems to come back. They do not want to pass ANY legislation while the Dems are away. IF they were to, the Dems will twist the hell out of that in the next elelction. The Majority wants all the bad attention to remain on the Dems. I can already see that the next election is going to get very ugly. Besides, that is not what a true statesman would do.

Their focus is on the Budget Repair Bill and the upcoming Budget. As it should be right now. Be patient, they will bring CC when things settle down.
    The video link is dead but I don't see how the article supports the idea that other issues will not be brought to the floor. Contrarily voter ID got out of committee today
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c03286.html

I don't see a problem with passing Constitutional Carry or concealed carry while the Dems are on the run. What are they going to complain about, the non-existence streets flowing with blood or the O.K. Coral that's still waiting for the daily shoot-outs?

Put it on the table now to lure them back and if that doesn't work we end up with carry and in next election cycle it will be a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i'd like to see something go through before i will be eligible for a senior discount to get it.
    A senior discount on a 1911 would be cool.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post

+1
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm1963 View Post
    The video link is dead but I don't see how the article supports the idea that other issues will not be brought to the floor. Contrarily voter ID got out of committee today
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c03286.html
    The link is not dead. It's just that archive videos are down while live feed is up on the Senate and the House.

The more time goes by between passage of the law and the next election, the less effect it will have on the election.

Strike now, pass the bill into law, and then have enough time left before the 2012 election to say, "See? What problem?"
    Last edited by KBCraig; 02-22-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    The Republicans will not bring cc forward . Why , The Republicans are not going to go for constitutional carry they want a permit system with training, They will wait for the Democrats to return And this fiasco with the budget is done with. And who will the Republicans blame for not being able to get constitutional carry? The Democrats of course.
    The way I see it BROKENSPROKET is correct in his title of this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    The Republicans will not bring cc forward . Why , The Republicans are not going to go for constitutional carry they want a permit system with training, They will wait for the Democrats to return And this fiasco with the budget is done with. And who will the Republicans blame for not being able to get constitutional carry? The Democrats of course.
    The way I see it BROKENSPROKET is correct in his title of this thread.

no guts , no glory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast