• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conceal Carry wil not be brought up while Dem are out

BROKENSPROKET

http://www.wiseye.org/Programming/VideoArchive/EventDetail.aspx?evhdid=3781 @6:44

And I completely understand. They are going into Regular Session to bait the Dems to come back. They do not want to pass ANY legislation while the Dems are away. IF they were to, the Dems will twist the hell out of that in the next elelction. The Majority wants all the bad attention to remain on the Dems. I can already see that the next election is going to get very ugly. Besides, that is not what a true statesman would do.

Their focus is on the Budget Repair Bill and the upcoming Budget. As it should be right now. Be patient, they will bring CC when things settle down.

Last edited:
M

McX

i'd like to see something go through before i will be eligible for a senior discount to get it.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
I'd say let them try and slam them us the next election. They left of their own free will. THEY LEFT! Screw 'em! If anything gets passed that they don't like then why weren't they here, in WI, doing their effing jobs. They're in IL or who knows where else hiding like little children because they aren't going to get their way.

[Insert pic of crying baby here]

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

CC carry

Brokensprocket is correct. Passing CC when the whole legislature isn't there to vote on it would be folly. It would just give the Dems more leverage during the 2012 elections. As it is right now the burden is on the Dems to explain to their constituents why when the going got tough they got going and left thier constituents without representation in Madison. They have "shot themselves in the foot". Also, if the Dems do recover control of the legislature in the future passing a CC bill without a full legislature present may not fare well in the state supreme court and give the Dems the ammo they want to recind all we have worked for. Think out ahead people and not just for today. CC will pass this session. We need to be patient. We do not want a bill to go through in express fashion we want it debated so that it ends up a good bill. "Act in haste, repent at leisure".

My opinion is that with the present frame of mind of the republicans in the legislature constitutional carry only has about a 33% chance of success at this time. We are gaining "one brick at a time" but time is still needed to win more converts. Also with the momentum gaining at the federal level for constitutional carry, seems like every week another state signs up, the more states we can quote as adopting constitutional carry the stronger our argument. Remember there are still members of the republican majority that have a personal dislike towards firearms. regardless the republican political party pledges. Those members are going to have a hard time embracing anything less than shall-issue with mandated permits and training. We still have work to do before the issue gets to the floor.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Selling defeatism as Wisdom

I'd say let them try and slam them us the next election. They left of their own free will. THEY LEFT! Screw 'em! If anything gets passed that they don't like then why weren't they here, in WI, doing their effing jobs. They're in IL or who knows where else hiding like little children because they aren't going to get their way.

[Insert pic of crying baby here]

This just seems as an excuse to do nothing and to sell it as wisdom. If the Republicans took this golden opportunity to pass constitutional legislation that would invigorate their base, they would be seen as real fighters who are willing to counter fire with serious firehoses.

I do not know how many times I have seen the RINOs as all to willing to pull defeat out from the jaws of victory.

The game has changed. The old media doesn't control the agenda any more. We use the new media to set our own agenda.

I and many others would see the Republicans as smart, tough, fighters if they use this golden opportunity to pass meaningful legislation.

Last edited:

1FASTC4

Another positive to passing it early would be that it would become a non-issue by the next election. Enough time would pass to show that WI wouldn't become the wild west that fear mongers say it would with CC so the left wouldnt bother making it a point of contention(repeal) on their platform

Last edited:

Deek

While I can see the benefit of waiting for the "kids" to come back from Illinois to pass the carry legislation so as to take away as many opportunities/reasons to try and rescind it later, I'd still say do it anyway or at least say it's on the agenda and if they want any say on it..... show up and do their jobs.

Just put it through and if they dont show up to fight it, too bad. And if they try later to say that it's illegal because they wernt involved, remind people they would'nt show to do anything about it.

Do we want the Dems to think that they can stop anything they dont like by just "taking their marbles and going home"?

BTW.... are we paying these weenies during this little vactions?

Last edited:

safcrkr

To pass any law, there is a "process" that must be followed. Those of us who were in the last two fights for CCW know how it works. After a bill is submitted, it gets assigned to the proper committee. A public hearing needs to be scheduled by the committee, and held. The committee then votes on the bill, and if it passes committee, it then goes to the legislature for debate/amendments/vote. The Legislative Fiscal Bureau also must do an analysis of the economic impacts of the bill if implimented. All this takes time. If a CCW bill were submitted today, it would need to move at lightning speed to get passed before the Dems return.

It wouldn't hurt to begin this process by introducing some bills to get the ball rolling.

Captain Nemo

While I can see the benefit of waiting for the "kids" to come back from Illinois to pass the carry legislation so as to take away as many opportunities/reasons to try and rescind it later, I'd still say do it anyway or at least say it's on the agenda and if they want any say on it..... show up and do their jobs.

Just put it through and if they dont show up to fight it, too bad. And if they try later to say that it's illegal because they wernt involved, remind people they would'nt show to do anything about it.

Do we want the Dems to think that they can stop anything they dont like by just "taking their marbles and going home"?

BTW.... are we paying these weenies during this little vactions?

Good counter to my post. Most certainly we don't want the dems to think that anytime things don't go their way in Madison that they can just pick up their toys and go home. I yield.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
This just seems as an excuse to do nothing and to sell it as wisdom. If the Republicans took this golden opportunity to pass constitutional legislation that would invigorate their base, they would be seen as real fighters who are willing to counter fire with serious firehoses.

I do not know how many times I have seen the RINOs as all to willing to pull defeat out from the jaws of victory.

The game has changed. The old media doesn't control the agenda any more. We use the new media to set our own agenda.

I and many others would see the Republicans as smart, tough, fighters if they use this golden opportunity to pass meaningful legislation.

THIS 100 % ! Brokensproket your SO WRONG ! go figure

Trip20

I'm not concerned with the Republicans ability to remain in office. But then again I'm no fanboy of either party. As far as I'm concerned they're all from the same cloth.

With little exception I've been a single issue voter for the past 5 years. I just want this one damn thing from my government. If the Republicans can ram it down the throats of the Dems while they're off frolicking in Illinois, even better.

When something does not go my way at work I'm unable to leave in protest. So, eff 'em. :cuss:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I'm not concerned with the Republicans ability to remain in office. But then again I'm no fanboy of either party. As far as I'm concerned they're all from the same cloth.

With little exception I've been a single issue voter for the past 5 years. I just want this one damn thing from my government. If the Republicans can ram it down the throats of the Dems while they're off frolicking in Illinois, even better.

When something does not go my way at work I'm unable to leave in protest. So, eff 'em. :cuss:

This too ^ I am mostly a single issue voter too, this time it was 2 issues...CCW & the Economy.

Last edited:

tomm1963

http://www.wiseye.org/Programming/VideoArchive/EventDetail.aspx?evhdid=3781 @6:44

And I completely understand. They are going into Regular Session to bait the Dems to come back. They do not want to pass ANY legislation while the Dems are away. IF they were to, the Dems will twist the hell out of that in the next elelction. The Majority wants all the bad attention to remain on the Dems. I can already see that the next election is going to get very ugly. Besides, that is not what a true statesman would do.

Their focus is on the Budget Repair Bill and the upcoming Budget. As it should be right now. Be patient, they will bring CC when things settle down.

The video link is dead but I don't see how the article supports the idea that other issues will not be brought to the floor. Contrarily voter ID got out of committee today
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_cfb18062-3ec6-11e0-8f75-001cc4c03286.html

Jason in WI

I don't see a problem with passing Constitutional Carry or concealed carry while the Dems are on the run. What are they going to complain about, the non-existence streets flowing with blood or the O.K. Coral that's still waiting for the daily shoot-outs?

Put it on the table now to lure them back and if that doesn't work we end up with carry and in next election cycle it will be a non-issue.