• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help a newbie out - recently turned 18 and plan to open carry soon

ocholsteroc

Obviously....you haven't reached the age where Plumbers Butt is a problem yet!:lol::lol::lol:

A better belt prehaps :) ?

Belt is amazing, holds my gun and two space magazines nice and tightly no slip. My pants do not fall down. I have in black and tan belts they are so great! can be used for rescue also. They are blackhawk belts.

Attachments

• bhbelt.jpg
    bhbelt.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
A better belt prehaps :) ?

Belt is amazing, holds my gun and two space magazines nice and tightly no slip. My pants do not fall down. I have in black and tan belts they are so great! can be used for rescue also. They are blackhawk belts.

Got two of them...and plumbers butt:uhoh:

MSC 45ACP

I'm not too bad of a shot, but with those stats, I guess I should carry a few more rounds than I do. Gotta keep hopped-up dopers in mind when I carry, I guess...

Attachments

• bonehead target.jpg
    bonehead target.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 103

t33j

See now, there's a problem. Our whole legal system is based on the laws as written. You can't just say "well yeah its illegal, but I wouldn't convict". We (as juries) shouldn't have the power to pick and choose which laws we're going to enforce.

Sure I can, sure I should, and sure I would. The police can decide not to enforce laws even when probable cause / evidence exists. It's still government by the people isn't it? After viewing that video, in that situation, I would not put a man in jail because he defended his life and shot at fleeing felons. Further, he didn't actually hit anyone from what I can tell. There are no victims except for the guys that were threating his life seconds earlier.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

Jury nullification is a valid tool of the people.

Say they pass a law that makes it a crime to own a gun? It may take time for a valid constitutional challenge to succeed but in the mean time we the people can refuse to enforce an invalid law.

There are many cases where people "technically" break a law but had no criminal intent. I personally think jury nullification is a valid means to reign in out of control attourneys, judges, legislatures.

I will agree that it should be the exception not the rule though in a valid criminal justice system.

Last edited:

wylde007

We (as juries) shouldn't have the power to pick and choose which laws we're going to enforce.
We absolutely should. That is what nullification is about.

A jury is the FINAL word on the law, the single and only bastion against unreasonable or immoral laws - like ones where you can't shoot someone who is stealing your property.

Nullification, in my opinion, is grossly UNDERused.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
I strongly agree with the Jury Nullification guys. The law is an ass, and needs to be kicked from time to time. I understand that judges generally dislike nullification and almost never tell a jury of its existence since it takes things out of their hands. The practice started in England many years ago, and I believe in the first instance the judge ordered the jury held (detained) for as long as it took for them to enter a guilty verdict, since this is what he had decided. They refused to cave and public opinion was on their side, so they were released and the concept of nullification took hold. It is a necessary safety valve so the people have recourse when a law or a court case is immoral or just plain stupid. No human institution is infallible.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
ACLU Challenges Courthouse Ban on Protected Speech (Fully Informed Jury Association)

I strongly agree with the Jury Nullification guys. The law is an ass, and needs to be kicked from time to time. I understand that judges generally dislike nullification and almost never tell a jury of its existence since it takes things out of their hands. The practice started in England many years ago, and I believe in the first instance the judge ordered the jury held (detained) for as long as it took for them to enter a guilty verdict, since this is what he had decided. They refused to cave and public opinion was on their side, so they were released and the concept of nullification took hold. It is a necessary safety valve so the people have recourse when a law or a court case is immoral or just plain stupid. No human institution is infallible.

Lots of good information and history at the FIJA (Fully Informed Jury Association) site:

http://fija.org/

nuc65

Activist Member
I wonder if he shot FLEEING gunmen if he would be charged...

It appears from the video he fired and hit the windshield of the car as the gunmen were fleeing. It doesn't appear he was charged, so maybe not. One person may have been shot in the arm, but the homeowner apparently needs a lot more practice because he shot the neighbors house.