• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Is WAVE??

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisco...sin-Anti-Violence-Effort-LIES/171607756203919

Bonavia founded the Milwaukee-based Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort in 1995 after her then 5-year-old daughter issued a plaintive request: "So many kids are being killed by guns," Bonavia recalls her daughter saying. "Fix it."

"I just couldn't shake the fact that when I was 5 I was worried about getting a Barbie doll," Bonavia says.

... she's a one-woman show who makes a tidy living off of WAVE, getting grant money from the larger liberal money bins, Joyce foundation, whatever VPC/Brady have to give, Soros's front groups, etc. whatever fed grants she can scrape up. And otherwise sit around and run her website, wait for media to ask her for quotes whenever something comes up, get pamphlets printed, and organize volunteers for booths at street fairs etc.

...Or maybe she's an actual Brady/VPC employee just tasked with making it look as though WI has a grassroots anti-gun org.

The other thing is that by it's name, WAVE is "anti violence" but does not seem concerned at all with gangs, street fights, domestic violence etc.

... don't find her to be much of a threat. I've NEVER actually heard or seen a WAVE member other than her. And the usual one-woman show M.O. of having a P.O. box, no offices etc.

.... was sitting next to her at the Capitol during one of the previous WI CCW sessions, or said 'Hi' to her in the halls, and during their conversation she stated she knew CCW was not a threat, and felt it was all about blunting the "NRA's momentum" as she put it.

IMO, WAVE/Jeri had zero impact on CCW in previous sessions, Chvala and Doyle were already solidly anti-gun.

WAVE got an additional $315,000 from the Joyce Foundation in July of 2010. What is this money used for?? Total up the amount the Joyce Foundation has provided WAVE since 2003. No way firearm freedom groups have have matched dollar for dollar this "public policy" propaganda campaign.

....Would like to see financial disclosures form WAVE...how much of htat $315k did Jeri get?

.....if wave is an NPO. we NEED to get their tax records.

Wow, totaled it up. Ms. Bonavia's "little" operation has grabbed $2,406,414 from her sugar daddy Joyce Foundation since 2000.

($315,000 -2010), ($315,000 - 2008), ($630,000 - 2006), ($250,000 - 2005), ($250,000 - 2004), ($40,000 -2004), ...($100,000 - 2003), ($506,414 - 2000)

WAVE got its start 1995 when Ms. Bonavia's young daughter told her to save children from guns. The search for WAVE funding from 1995 - 1999 continues.

But nearly a quarter of a mil per year for the last 10 years to advocate firearm prohibition??

Last edited:
M

McX

i have an 'anti-violence' device hanging right here on my hip, but i doubt it's WAVE sanctioned.

SIGdude

good lord, I guess I went into the wrong line of work.

I need to start a foundation with a cool acronym and take donations to the tune of a quarter-mil every year to sit on my ass and run a website and print some pamphlets and spread propaganda.

I was doing it all wrong; I've done that for free!

I guess step one would be finding out who has the loosest money and wants their lies spread.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
good lord, I guess I went into the wrong line of work.

I need to start a foundation with a cool acronym and take donations to the tune of a quarter-mil every year to sit on my ass and run a website and print some pamphlets and spread propaganda.

I was doing it all wrong; I've done that for free!

I guess step one would be finding out who has the loosest money and wants their lies spread.

You can call your new not for profit organization..WAVLE Wisconsinites against Violent liberal Extremeism.

jpm84092

i have an 'anti-violence' device hanging right here on my hip, but i doubt it's WAVE sanctioned.

Hey McX. I like your answer. I also have an anti-violence device on my hip as I write this and another one in my right pants pocket (its OK - I have permission slips from 4 States and all 4 are honored where I live).

M

McX

jpm, is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me? (old joke, but i just had to use it)