Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Dinner in Kalamazoo 3-22-11

Open Carry Dinner in Kalamazoo 3-22-11

Join MOC for dinner at Theo and Stacy’s family restaurant in Kalamazoo on 3/22/11 at 6:30pm. We have really enjoyed meeting here in the past so we hope this is in your neck of the woods so you can come out. We will continue our free raffle give-aways, they seem to be a crowd pleaser. See you there!

PLEASE NOTE: As an official MOC Sanctioned Event and per MOC's new policy Long Gun Open Carry will not be allowed.

RSVP Count Thus Far: 30

Directions http://tinyurl.com/5tmo929
    Last edited by autosurgeon; 03-19-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Would non-cpl holders be able to get written consent from the owners to carry because of the liquor license?

The only Theo & Stacy's with a liqueur license is the one in Portage. This location does not have a liqueur license.

You can verify my information at the following link. http://www2.dleg.state.mi.us/llist/Q...ows=100&page=4

Make sure to click on the license number and note the address licenced.
    Last edited by autosurgeon; 02-23-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Hmm...I'm about an hour away...

I'm heading back to MI on the 19th, hope to make it to dinner...mmmmmmm, gyros!

Carry on.

Cool I'll be there!

I live just a couple minutes away and would be happy to attend. How many do we have confirmed so far... seems like it could be a small group based on the responses here so far?

Is it the one on Westnedge Ave. or the one in downtown Kazoo?

I might be able to stop and say hi and have a soda. I'd need to be out of there by 8:00 because I have to be at Southside Dojo in Portage to teach my class and I don't like eating that close to class time.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post

I might be able to stop and say hi and have a soda. I'd need to be out of there by 8:00 because I have to be at Southside Dojo in Portage to teach my class and I don't like eating that close to class time.

Bronson
    NO kidding you teach at Southside? I used to train there, what do you teach?
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post

Bronson

Click the directions link

Seriously though it is the Westnedge Ave location!

Yes count me in too.
    Last edited by Golden Eagle; 02-25-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Me too. I look forward to meeting you guys.
    "Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured...
    but no one must prove they are a citizen! Ben Stein

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    NO kidding you teach at Southside? I used to train there, what do you teach?
    Aikido

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Click the directions link

Seriously though it is the Westnedge Ave location!
    DOH! I didn't even look for one because I know where they're all located.

Bronson
    Last edited by Bronson; 03-10-2011 at 05:01 PM.

btt

... and one more time to the top....
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Damn, I just realized this is on a Tuesday. I have to choose between taking my little brother to his scout meeting or this Dinner. He has missed a couple meetings recently and I don't want to catalyze that trend. I will have to see how I can work this out... I am unfortunately, a 50/50 maybe on this for now...
    Last edited by SIGKzoo; 03-13-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Sig bring him to the meet & get together , then he can learn about his rights.

This is a very good chance for him to learn about the real world,

also this might go toward his merit badge wear his uniform & bring a camera !
    Last edited by mastiff69; 03-13-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: darm spelling grr!

He is a bit young yet, he's only 9. I am slowly beginning to talk to him about the many uses of firearms including being prepared to defend life, and about his rights. He is in his last year of cub scouts before crossing over into boy scouts. I like that the scout motto is "Be Prepared", they teach you to have all the tools with you that you might need. I will do my best to compliment the lessons and leadership taught in scouting with more information about the tools to protect his own life as an adult. The biggest thing is I don't want him to miss too many meetings, he's already missed too many.

I am about 80% sure that I can be there... so feel free to put me down for 1. I will be more sure, yea or nay, this weekend. But for now, it's yea (yeah!)
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

I am looking forward to meeting many new folks as well as chatting with those of you I already know! 1 week to go!!

Less than 4 days to go! I will see you all there!!

See you all tomorrow 6:30 PM!

See the first post for directions!

I spoke with one of the owners today to give her a heads up on numbers. She let me know they are very happy we have chosen to return to their establishment!

See you all at 6:30 Pm on Tuesday!

The Mastiff family are on the way to the meet up !

Just arrived! Hope everyone can figure out the goofy interchange mess!

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast