• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harborstone CU - ugh

TechnoWeenie

I need a local high activity account, and always do research before I decide on who gets my money.

I called up CS of harborstone to ask about what their company policies are in regards to carrying lawfully, as I will not do business with those that don't support it.

So, first person I get transferred says 'we're a federal building, so it's against the law'..:banghead::banghead:

I then tell them it's a common misconception, that it's not a federal building, and I can carry there by state law, but want to know what THEIR rule is before I give them my business.. I get transferred to nowhere, where the call was disconnected.

I call the branch directly and speak with the branch manager... She says that they recently took DOWN a 'no guns allowed' sticker that was on the door, but she's calling HR to figure out what the REAL answer is... Sadly I think HR is going to give her an employee policy, and not a customer policy....

amlevin

We have a major "Intelligence Gap" in this country when it comes to businesses such as this one. Where do people get it in their heads that Human Resources is the department that governs activities of Customers on their premises?

They would be smarter to call the Marketing Department. At least they might have a clue what it takes to attract and keep customers.

And we're supposed to be one of the more "Intellectually Developed" nations in the world. Could have fooled me when I hear of people like this and then read/watch what our political leaders do as well. For some dumb reason we are trying to "out stupid" the rest of the world.

Uh, TW, with answers you've received so far what makes you think this outfit is "smart enough" to handle your money?

Lovenox

To be fair, Amlevin, I don't think management, middle, higher, or marketing in your suggestion, are very versed on the subject of OC since it is probably rarely brought up and depending on what sector of the economy they tend to be a transient population.

amlevin

To be fair, Amlevin, I don't think management, middle, higher, or marketing in your suggestion, are very versed on the subject of OC since it is probably rarely brought up and depending on what sector of the economy they tend to be a transient population.

You are most likely right although I'm having trouble with the fact that these people actually think an Employee Policy actually affects Customers.

If this were true then retail Customers would be required to actually bathe regularly, wear clothing that had been laundered within the last month or so, no offensive T-Shirts, body piercings, and have reasonable haircuts. You know, all those things spelled out in the Employee Handbooks.

Lovenox

You are most likely right although I'm having trouble with the fact that these people actually think an Employee Policy actually affects Customers.

If this were true then retail Customers would be required to actually bathe regularly, wear clothing that had been laundered within the last month or so, no offensive T-Shirts, body piercings, and have reasonable haircuts. You know, all those things spelled out in the Employee Handbooks.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I had been drinking milk you know what orifice it would have shot out of!!!

Hammer

And we're supposed to be one of the more "Intellectually Developed" nations in the world. Could have fooled me when I hear of people like this and then read/watch what our political leaders do as well. For some dumb reason we are trying to "out stupid" the rest of the world.

Need to read the "Peter Principle"
I work for a big corporation. Even within the corp the middle and upper managers agree the Peter principle is the primary driver.
Not to pat myself on the back, but every time I try to rise form blue collar to white collar I realize I don't belong. Maybe if I have a frontal lobotomy I can climb to the top.

BigIrish

High speed jelly bean.............

I work for a big corporation. Even within the corp the middle and upper managers agree the Peter principle is the primary driver.
Not to pat myself on the back, but every time I try to rise form blue collar to white collar I realize I don't belong. Maybe if I have a frontal lobotomy I can climb to the top.

Hahahaha!
choked on a jelly bean..no lie

amlevin

I was lucky I guess. I read the Peter Principle but I guess I was an anomaly. I started out at the bottom, literally, but was able to rise to the "Front Office" before I retired based on skills I brought with me. Not everyone in the business world has to be "incompetent" or for that matter a "k!$$@$$ to be successful. You just have to have enough backbone to tell those who are that you aren't playing their game.

tombrewster421

I bank at harborstone and have OC'd many times in several branches and never had a word said to me about it. I think if they took down the no guns signs, it was for a reason. I always go inside instead of using the drive up also.

Hammer

Not everyone in the business world has to be "incompetent" or for that matter a "k!$$@$$ to be successful. You just have to have enough backbone to tell those who are that you aren't playing their game.

It was not intended as a personal shot. I had nor have any idea of your personal story.
As a broad generality, it is accurate as most generalities, that is, there must be exceptions to prove the generality.
And using backbone to tell the upper management their folly has gotten me shown the way back to the blue collar group more than once. If it never happens again it won't be because I quit pointing out folly, it'll be because moving to the office, tie, and suit have no appeal anymore.