Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bikers??? How many actual bikers are on here?

Bikers??? How many actual bikers are on here?

I noticed that there are a lot of people on here with motorcycle related names or stories. So I am wondering how many bikers we actually have from Wisconsin in here. I know I ride a lot, and I am sure that there are others. Who are you, what do you ride, how long, whatever...................

I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

I have had on 03 Katana (Kan-o-tuna) for about 4yrs now. Traded an old Springfield SAR-8 pinner for it. Commuter bike for me, gets about 55mpg compared to my GT which gets about 15 with the way I drive it. Not SQUID worthy but it's a comfortable ride with decent mileage and pep.

Reminds me I need new tires this season.

Here is my ride. Lived in Milwaukee area all my life except for the last couple of years. Miss the roads up there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smoke out.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	5280  

04 ultra

Heres mine I rode it to the Baraboo picnic.

Name:	new ultra2.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	5282  
    Last edited by turbojohn41; 02-22-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Here's my VStar 650. Also have a TW200 for riding our logging roads in Vilas County AND (to keep this gun related) I carry my gun in my backpack. Also have a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 for sale!

Name:	149672_1516289754259_1444924657_31350492_109805_n.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	5283  

06 fz1. And waiting in reserve I have an 09 V-Rod. For some strange reason my Harley dad and his friends, seem embarrassed when I take the Yamaha on their group rides.

In my younger years, I was a "Club Biker" with an MC out of Janesville. Sold my scoot and bought an airplane and never looked back.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

McX
    1979 Suzuki GS850 full dress. never went much for harleys, no crotch rockets- not into bikes i have to hump to ride, i prefer to sit upright behind my windshield, with my shaft drive, just tooling along, seeing the sights at 50 mph or less. collector plated it, so i dont have to mess with renewals anymore. used it some last summer, with gas going up will have to use it more this summer. had this bike for 25 years now.

Centurion
    Been riding for over 18 years....

2006 ultra classic

Have been ridding on and off for 20 years,have gun will travel.
    Last edited by jeff niles; 02-22-2011 at 09:38 PM.

I've rode on the street for 12 years now, a little dirt previously. Mostly sport bikes or "rockets" to the ill informed. I've done some track riding and stunt riding. Never really got hurt or crashed on a sportbike. I bought a brand new Harley night rod special a couple years ago and nearly got killed after I got ran over a month into owning it in a hit and run. Spent over a week in intensive care, the first two days on life support. Ended up with three plates holding my skull /face back together, a sick amount of road rash, and an arm that didn't work at all for about four months due to damaged nerves (brachial plexus). I still ride, I put the night rod back together and also have a kawasaki zx-10r thats pretty tricked out with track specific parts. I pretty much always wore protective gear but the night I got hit was one of those relaxed not going anywhere nights and didn't. Now I don't even ride around the block without full protective gear.

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    I crashed my 04 V-rod in October (Slimy Crud Run - was actually a beatuiful day). The property owner said a couple bikes go off at that particular corner every year during the SCR. I was the second of that particular day. I got off lucky with only a totaled bike and severely sprained ankle.

My new ride is an 11 V-rod Muscle which I only drove a couple miles before I bought it, and the snow came...

I also have a 73 Honda CL350 that needs a lot of love.

I hope they repeal the transport law soon so I can be protected when I go for a ride.

McX
    i'm jealous, i got no gnarly pics of me, on a gnarly bike to post, all i got is my old iron horse. i got no leathers, no tattoos, no biker boots...........i feel so left out -sniffle.

Bought my first bike (81 Yamaha Maxim in 1996 ) in 1997 I bought a Used 1994 Kawaskai Vulcan 1500 , I joined ABATE (A Brotherhood against totalitarian enactments - a State Motorcycle rights Organization ) of Wisconsin in Spring of 1997 , in the summer 1998 I bought a Brand New 1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 then as a Joke I submitted my name on the Ballot for a ABATE of Wisconsin Board of Directors at Large Position - I won. For 3 Years I sat on the Board of Directors, was able to Travel to SMRO ( State Motorcycle Rights Organizations ) Conferences all over the Country, I was also lucky enough to be sent to Washington DC to attend Lobby school by the American Motorcycle Association. I was one of the Board members that Voted for the purchase of Land,80 acres that is now our state Party Land.

I have attend countless Club Parties, was an original member of a local Club in Green Bay that is now the Black Pistons MC ( A subsid of the OutLaws MC ) & was an invited guest at the DC Eagles Club House for a private party. I no longer belong to the Club as my professional Business took top priority.

Ted Nugent, My Sister & Me.... the bike of my Dreams & myself on the 1998 Vulcan.

I have been out of the wind for 7 years But have my eye on the new 1800 Kawasaki Voyager Touring cruiser.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 02-22-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Yeah, I Ride.

First street bike was a '72 BSA 650 Lightning.
    Earned a few Class Champion trophies with it down
    at Great Lakes

Still got it too...along with a few others.

'68 BSA Thunderbolt
    '66 Bonneville
    '67 Bonneville block and then later acquired a '67 frame
    also picked up a '50 factory Triumph hardtail frame.

Spent 10 years bendin wrenches for few dealers.

Daily runner is a Shovel.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

I've been on two wheels since I was about 8yrs old, that's when I got my first mini bike. I have raced motocross, flirted with the grim reaper on many crotch rockets, and enjoyed cruisin with the tunes cranked while on my bagger. I put about 6k miles on a year cruising this great state and country. I have been to sturgis twice, dragons tail once and Laconia once.
    Last edited by BrewTownBagger; 02-23-2011 at 12:15 AM.

A B-rotherhood A-imed T-wards E-ducation

DuKane chapter member and now Wisco.

Name:	DSCF0555.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	5291  
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-23-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    Yeah, I Ride.

First street bike was a '72 BSA 650 Lightning.
    Earned a few Class Champion trophies with it down
    at Great Lakes

Still got it too...along with a few others.

'68 BSA Thunderbolt
    '66 Bonneville
    '67 Bonneville block and then later acquired a '67 frame
    also picked up a '50 factory Triumph hardtail frame.

Spent 10 years bendin wrenches for few dealers.

Daily runner is a Shovel.

LR Yote
    I still have wet dreams about building a real digger with an old shovel in it. No fat tires, No fancy paint, king and queen, rigid frame, twisted spokes, and so on. But I would have to keep it within the guidelines of the original diggers, not this modified stuff that most people think is awesome now a days.
    Calico Jack Defense

Haven't been riding all my life like some of you guys, but it's all I do now a days as of '07. All my other hobbies have gone to the wayside. I do all my own service and mods. Right now I'm in the middle of a rear fender project. Waiting on a new wiring harness so I can mock up the wiring, build the connectors and I'll be ready to send it to paint. Can't wait to get out on the road.

No worries metalman. I have an 06 FZ1 and a 05 Kawi ZRX1200R. Both are very comfortable, reliable and powerful. I was enamored with Harley's at first, but they really aren't anything special. A good 30-40% of a Harley's parts (depending on the model, it could be more) are made in china and other east Asian countries. I'll take my Japanese bike that is made in one place, and doesn't include any major parts made by a commie. Don't want to start fights, though! Riding is riding, and every man has his preference!

Got my first dirt-bike in 1980. Have owned sport bikes, standard bikes (naked), and cruisers. On street bike #8 now, a Honda 919 naked with side and top luggage.

Did the Dragon in 2004. Ran it both directions several times over 3 days. Cherohala Skyway is kick ass too.

Me on my ZRX1100 on the Dragon

At Black Hawk Farms Raceway

Last edited by oak1971; 02-23-2011 at 02:28 AM.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Haven't been riding all my life like some of you guys, but it's all I do now a days as of '07. All my other hobbies have gone to the wayside. I do all my own service and mods. Right now I'm in the middle of a rear fender project. Waiting on a new wiring harness so I can mock up the wiring, build the connectors and I'll be ready to send it to paint. Can't wait to get out on the road.
    What are you working on?
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Bike? A Trek 9500, full suspension, carbon fiber frame and swingarm.

I do have 3 vintage Honda 750-4's in the garage, a vintage Yamaha 650 twin, and a Suzuki RM125,
    The Yamaha was planned to by my flat-track racer, unlimited veterans class. But the local track that was supposed to open got killed.

Other than that, I see a Screamin Eagle road-glide in my future, the very near future.
    I may make one bike out of the 3 Honda's and part the rest out for eBay, and I would like to make an ice-racer out of that Yamaha, and use the Suzuki RM125 engine for a 125 gearbox class kart.

If I had the coin, I would be on the Y2K superbike, http://www.marineturbine.com/press/miami/06062002.pdf

Or I would commission the inventor to build a set of jet turbine powered snowmobiles, One for mountain riding out west, and another for a 1,000' lake racer on glare ice.

If anyone needs any vintage Honda parts, or stock take of sporty pipes, tank, or gauges, let me know cuz I got those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    Bike? A Trek 9500, full suspension, carbon fiber frame and swingarm.

I do have 3 vintage Honda 750-4's in the garage, a vintage Yamaha 650 twin, and a Suzuki RM125,
    The Yamaha was planned to by my flat-track racer, unlimited veterans class. But the local track that was supposed to open got killed.

Other than that, I see a Screamin Eagle road-glide in my future, the very near future.
    I may make one bike out of the 3 Honda's and part the rest out for eBay, and I would like to make an ice-racer out of that Yamaha, and use the Suzuki RM125 engine for a 125 gearbox class kart.

If I had the coin, I would be on the Y2K superbike, http://www.marineturbine.com/press/miami/06062002.pdf

Or I would commission the inventor to build a set of jet turbine powered snowmobiles, One for mountain riding out west, and another for a 1,000' lake racer on glare ice.

If anyone needs any vintage Honda parts, or stock take of sporty pipes, tank, or gauges, let me know cuz I got those too.
    If you are willing to part with one of your 750Four's I have been looking for something to turn into a cafe racer.
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    What are you working on?
    Getting rid of the bobtail fender on my Wide Glide and going with a full fender. Here it is mocking it up for marking my fender strut holes.

I'm doing away with the tail light so the whole rear fender will be uncluttered. License plate will be at the very bottom in a curved laydown lighted led license plate bracket.

Last edited by Trip20; 02-23-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast