• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bikers??? How many actual bikers are on here?

oak1971

Got my first dirt-bike in 1980. Have owned sport bikes, standard bikes (naked), and cruisers. On street bike #8 now, a Honda 919 naked with side and top luggage.

919st1.jpg

Did the Dragon in 2004. Ran it both directions several times over 3 days. Cherohala Skyway is kick ass too.

Me on my ZRX1100 on the Dragon

IMG_8367.jpg

At Black Hawk Farms Raceway

P0001431.jpg

Last edited:

oak1971

Haven't been riding all my life like some of you guys, but it's all I do now a days as of '07. All my other hobbies have gone to the wayside. I do all my own service and mods. Right now I'm in the middle of a rear fender project. Waiting on a new wiring harness so I can mock up the wiring, build the connectors and I'll be ready to send it to paint. Can't wait to get out on the road.

What are you working on?

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Bike? A Trek 9500, full suspension, carbon fiber frame and swingarm.

I do have 3 vintage Honda 750-4's in the garage, a vintage Yamaha 650 twin, and a Suzuki RM125,
The Yamaha was planned to by my flat-track racer, unlimited veterans class. But the local track that was supposed to open got killed.

Other than that, I see a Screamin Eagle road-glide in my future, the very near future.
I may make one bike out of the 3 Honda's and part the rest out for eBay, and I would like to make an ice-racer out of that Yamaha, and use the Suzuki RM125 engine for a 125 gearbox class kart.

If I had the coin, I would be on the Y2K superbike, http://www.marineturbine.com/press/miami/06062002.pdf

Or I would commission the inventor to build a set of jet turbine powered snowmobiles, One for mountain riding out west, and another for a 1,000' lake racer on glare ice.

If anyone needs any vintage Honda parts, or stock take of sporty pipes, tank, or gauges, let me know cuz I got those too.

CalicoJack10

Bike? A Trek 9500, full suspension, carbon fiber frame and swingarm.

I do have 3 vintage Honda 750-4's in the garage, a vintage Yamaha 650 twin, and a Suzuki RM125,
The Yamaha was planned to by my flat-track racer, unlimited veterans class. But the local track that was supposed to open got killed.

Other than that, I see a Screamin Eagle road-glide in my future, the very near future.
I may make one bike out of the 3 Honda's and part the rest out for eBay, and I would like to make an ice-racer out of that Yamaha, and use the Suzuki RM125 engine for a 125 gearbox class kart.

If I had the coin, I would be on the Y2K superbike, http://www.marineturbine.com/press/miami/06062002.pdf

Or I would commission the inventor to build a set of jet turbine powered snowmobiles, One for mountain riding out west, and another for a 1,000' lake racer on glare ice.

If anyone needs any vintage Honda parts, or stock take of sporty pipes, tank, or gauges, let me know cuz I got those too.

If you are willing to part with one of your 750Four's I have been looking for something to turn into a cafe racer.

Trip20

What are you working on?

Getting rid of the bobtail fender on my Wide Glide and going with a full fender. Here it is mocking it up for marking my fender strut holes.

IMG01556-20110204-2004.jpg

I'm doing away with the tail light so the whole rear fender will be uncluttered. License plate will be at the very bottom in a curved laydown lighted led license plate bracket.

IMG01551-20110131-1736.jpg

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

Eeehhhhh.............

All I really need is a frame, engine, transmission, forks and wheels. That is a good start. I can modify it to make it what I need.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Getting rid of the bobtail fender on my Wide Glide and going with a full fender. Here it is mocking it up for marking my fender strut holes.

IMG01556-20110204-2004.jpg

I'm doing away with the tail light so the whole rear fender will be uncluttered. License plate will be at the very bottom in a curved laydown lighted led license plate bracket.

IMG01551-20110131-1736.jpg

Nice Ride !!

range rat

I noticed that there are a lot of people on here with motorcycle related names or stories. So I am wondering how many bikers we actually have from Wisconsin in here. I know I ride a lot, and I am sure that there are others. Who are you, what do you ride, how long, whatever...................

CIMG0141a.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

had a 500cc in my Youth, lost it in a poker game, 3'ks too a full Boat. By the time I save up for a nother I was spending it on an engagement Ring. Haven't been on one since..

HandyHamlet

Well I have to give you a point for that one!

It's like the Aliens retreating back to the queen and her hive.

Last edited: