Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wells fargo booted me.. ugh...

Wells fargo booted me.. ugh...

Called WF before I even opened an account to confirm that OC was allowed per policy and got the 'we follow state law' line..

I was in the branch, and the branch manager came to me and asked me if I had a firearm on me and when I told her I did (duh!) she TOLD ME to put it in my car. I told her I had already confirmed that I could carry, and she said that no one could carry there except police. I asked her for a copy of it and she said she would research it... She then restated that I couldn't be in the building with a firearm and asked (this time) me to put it in my vehicle. I told her the policy she was quoting was for employees and not customers, and she said until she found out otherwise I needed to leave. I told her I had an email, and asked what if I brought in a letter from corporate, and her response was 'you can sure do that, but you can't come in here (with a firearm) until I can confirm it'....

I told her to call me as soon as she finds that information out, and handed her a business card.. Rifle side out.. *snicker* (ignore the bleed lines)

Nice that I can't find the email I sent 2 yrs ago...

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    Called WF before I even opened an account to confirm that OC was allowed per policy and got the 'we follow state law' line..

I was in the branch, and the branch manager came to me and asked me if I had a firearm on me and when I told her I did (duh!) she TOLD ME to put it in my car. I told her I had already confirmed that I could carry, and she said that no one could carry there except police. I asked her for a copy of it and she said she would research it... She then restated that I couldn't be in the building with a firearm and asked (this time) me to put it in my vehicle. I told her the policy she was quoting was for employees and not customers, and she said until she found out otherwise I needed to leave. I told her I had an email, and asked what if I brought in a letter from corporate, and her response was 'you can sure do that, but you can't come in here (with a firearm) until I can confirm it'....

Which branch? I've been in the Lacey one (accross the street from BB) with not a word said. Probabley didn't notice.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Which branch? I've been in the Lacey one (accross the street from BB) with not a word said. Probabley didn't notice.
    Same.

Man, twice in three hours... you been having all sorts of fun today havn't you?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Man, twice in three hours... you been having all sorts of fun today havn't you?
    Tons.

Even had to deal with a lady @ licensing office (subagent) swearing I can't get military tags because I'm not active duty, despite having had them in the past,and a credit union that only deals with military and families, etc.

Apparently the 'families of a veteran' checkbox on the STATE form wasn't enough....

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post

I told her to call me as soon as she finds that information out, and handed her a business card.. Rifle side out.. *snicker* (ignore the bleed lines)

Yeah! way to tell them, shove it in their face, by all means do not comply and address the issue, by all rights we are talking about our rights!
    Yeah next time they see an open carrier they will not think twice about what they are about!
    Way to go
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Manager called me back and said she spoke to 'upper management team' or some crap, who told her that it's illegal to carry a gun in a bank, or a park, among other places that actually are restricted.

I asked her what would happen if I got a letter from CORPORATE saying that she was in violation of corporate policy, and she kept going back to 'it's against the law'... I offered to educate her on the law, and she went on a spiel about being alarmed, and the other tellers being alarmed that there was a gun in the bank.

She then said 'people rob banks', to which I responded, 'well, then it'd be a pretty good place to carry, don't you think?'.... Her response was 'but we don't know you'.. LOL

No amount of logic was getting to her, she admitted that she didn't have a 'weapons license' (or something to that effect) and every time I asked her if I got a letter from corporate saying the policy was to allow lawful carry, she completely ignored it and went off about 'Safety is the most important thing in my branch'..

I do have the district managers name/number, so we'll see how far up we have to go.

Ironically, I went in there to close my accounts.... Maybe I should walk in with a paper of a target stapled on my back, exclaiming 'I'm a target because Wells Fargo won't allow me to lawfully carry'... and make sure I take a very long time to close my accounts..

So apperently employees of private businesses can and will set policy on the spot, with no prior notice required, which is within their authority, as I've said all along.

Huh.

Exclamation It Sounds Like You Have a Rogue Manager

It happens all the time. Contact the regional office and then corporate if need be. Inform them that one of their managers is enforcing a policy which does not coincide with the one which has been publicly declared by the corporation (ie: follow all applicable state and local laws) and explain that this rogue manager's actions are unnecessarily jeopardizing the safety its customers and could ultimately result in a significant loss of business.

Money talks.

Most companies which have such policies DO NOT appreciate their managers making s**t up on their own.

Good luck.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    explain that this rogue manager's actions......could ultimately result in a significant loss of business.

Money talks.
    Just how are they going to see these kinds of losses? He was going to close his account already so they are not losing his business because of this manager. I highly doubt they will lose any business because of this manager not wanting a gun in the bank she controls.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    It happens all the time. Contact the regional office and then corporate if need be. Inform them that one of their managers is enforcing a policy which does not coincide with the one which has been publicly declared by the corporation (ie: follow all applicable state and local laws) and explain that this rogue manager's actions are unnecessarily jeopardizing the safety its customers and could ultimately result in a significant loss of business.

Money talks.

Most companies which have such policies DO NOT appreciate their managers making s**t up on their own.

Good luck.
    If you have a Million dollars in the account, you own the bank, if you have less, the bank owns you

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    If you have a Million dollars in the account, you own the bank, if you have less, the bank owns you
    Bingo.

I know where I'm never gonna bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

I bank with Chase. Ive never had a problem carrying in their banks. Did a couple of times in Everett and had no problem -- but then again most of the time I am in Arizona so nobody questions my right to carry anyway.

Don't bank with....

Chase/Wells Fargo... i.e. national banks...

bring your money back to a credit union or regional bank, you will be better served and have a more local contact point.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Chase/Wells Fargo... i.e. national banks...

bring your money back to a credit union or regional bank, you will be better served and have a more local contact point.
    +1

I've definitely had the best service from local banks instead of nation wide ones.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I don't have a bank account. But have never had a problem at Wells Fargo in Bellingham.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Credit Unions??? I get better service, more interest on my deposits.

Where I live there are 6 Banks within one mile of each other. If one doesn't want my business I can merely move on. Smaller banks actually treat people like they want your business rather than the BS at BOA, Chase, Well Fargo, etc.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I respectfully disagree. Chase has had impeccable customer service and has never had a problem with me open carrying. Are there branches in the Seattle area that have asked people to leave over OC? And though Chase is a "larger" bank, I think it only covers the western US. If they suddenly didn't want my business, I'd move on to someone else but up till now I've never had an issue with them.

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Chase has had impeccable customer service and has never had a problem with me open carrying. Are there branches in the Seattle area that have asked people to leave over OC? And though Chase is a "larger" bank, I think it only covers the western US. If they suddenly didn't want my business, I'd move on to someone else but up till now I've never had an issue with them.
    You will have problems with Chase, I will guarantee it. And they will not be related to OC necessarily. You will pay more in fees and receive less in interest. Chase is all over the US not in the West, they just recently moved to the West.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    As Gogodawgs said, it's not a case of "If", but "When".

As for Chase being a "western" bank, ever hear of a bank called "Chase Manhattan". Used to be featured prominently on TV game shows as where the "answers" were locked up before shows. The "Manhattan" part should be a clue.

They've been around since the 1800's.

As for being a "larger bank" that's a bit of an understatement. They are one of the 4 LARGEST banks. In a word, they don't care because they don't have to.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Dumped chase, dumped wells fargo, dumped others. It is my account, not theirs. If they make me unhappy, I close the account and find a bank that does what I want. I bank at Peoples in B'ham and they see me carry at least twice a week now and it is not a problem.

Well?

I bank at Wells Fargo...I have OC'd in at least six different branches in the Tacoma, UP, Lakewood, Puyallup area.....

For me at WF, never, ever have had an issue....at the deposit windows, standing in lines and have sat and met with personal bankers for different items and OC'ing....never an issue. .

I agree with the rogue manager thinking....and that it is pointless to try and change her mind. Go over her head and let them resolve it internally through training.

I have found that they provide good and friendly service. All banks have different ways in which they make money from you in fee's, service and products. To me that is a separate issue, and one needs to be aware of what they are getting and what they are paying....and shop hard.

Local credit unions like to say that they are non-profit and can offer better value services at better rates, etc. but at the end of the day, when you ask them for money the rates are usually on par with other products from the market makers....and when you give them money in savings accounts, CD's or anything else, the interest rates are still in the basement....I also bank at BECU, just so I can have a "banking" relationship when I need to shop money......they used to require you to be a Boeing employee....now if you have driven past the Boeing plant on I-5, that's close enough...

......and having a million bucks does make a difference. At Wells Fargo, if you have $200-500,000 in assets, you go down another 1/4 point on mortgage rates...raise it to 1-2,000,000 and you get 1/2 point....

but, then again, most of these guys will give you a 1/4 point if you simply allow a direct payment from your accounts....they're all just selling something.

The bank industry is all the same , they just sell themselves differently......and if you really want to get frosted, view this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/fiercefreeleancer

This is what Chase got some version of when they took over Washington Mutual and entered the NW market and Banner Bank when the got $224,000,000 from the feds....a good local WA bank.....and (IMHO) poor to do business with.
    Last edited by jt59; 02-23-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Campaign Veteran
    I seem to have missed which branch. Which one was it? I personally think a couple of polite letters to the manager explaining the difference between a personnel rule and customer requirements might be in order. It might also be helpful to pass along some information on it not being against the law to open carry firearms in public buildings, parks and banks. I would consider this a training opportunity. A chance to pass along some information on Washington State law. I am sure it won't sink in at first but she might be more receptive in the future especially if she then is reminded her corporate policy follows state law.
    irfner

well,,,

well,,,,

elisa jack has no frinds, 4 posts!
    wrote nothing about guns or OCing.
    you are a dorf and a TROLL.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast