• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wells fargo booted me.. ugh...

TechnoWeenie

Called WF before I even opened an account to confirm that OC was allowed per policy and got the 'we follow state law' line..

I was in the branch, and the branch manager came to me and asked me if I had a firearm on me and when I told her I did (duh!) she TOLD ME to put it in my car. I told her I had already confirmed that I could carry, and she said that no one could carry there except police. I asked her for a copy of it and she said she would research it... She then restated that I couldn't be in the building with a firearm and asked (this time) me to put it in my vehicle. I told her the policy she was quoting was for employees and not customers, and she said until she found out otherwise I needed to leave. I told her I had an email, and asked what if I brought in a letter from corporate, and her response was 'you can sure do that, but you can't come in here (with a firearm) until I can confirm it'....

I told her to call me as soon as she finds that information out, and handed her a business card.. Rifle side out.. *snicker* (ignore the bleed lines)

backbc1.jpg

Nice that I can't find the email I sent 2 yrs ago...

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Called WF before I even opened an account to confirm that OC was allowed per policy and got the 'we follow state law' line..

I was in the branch, and the branch manager came to me and asked me if I had a firearm on me and when I told her I did (duh!) she TOLD ME to put it in my car. I told her I had already confirmed that I could carry, and she said that no one could carry there except police. I asked her for a copy of it and she said she would research it... She then restated that I couldn't be in the building with a firearm and asked (this time) me to put it in my vehicle. I told her the policy she was quoting was for employees and not customers, and she said until she found out otherwise I needed to leave. I told her I had an email, and asked what if I brought in a letter from corporate, and her response was 'you can sure do that, but you can't come in here (with a firearm) until I can confirm it'....

Which branch? I've been in the Lacey one (accross the street from BB) with not a word said. Probabley didn't notice.

TechnoWeenie

Man, twice in three hours... you been having all sorts of fun today havn't you?

Tons.

Even had to deal with a lady @ licensing office (subagent) swearing I can't get military tags because I'm not active duty, despite having had them in the past,and a credit union that only deals with military and families, etc.

Apparently the 'families of a veteran' checkbox on the STATE form wasn't enough.... :banghead:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

I told her to call me as soon as she finds that information out, and handed her a business card.. Rifle side out.. *snicker* (ignore the bleed lines)

Yeah! way to tell them, shove it in their face, by all means do not comply and address the issue, by all rights we are talking about our rights!
Yeah next time they see an open carrier they will not think twice about what they are about!
Way to go :banghead:

TechnoWeenie

Manager called me back and said she spoke to 'upper management team' or some crap, who told her that it's illegal to carry a gun in a bank, or a park, among other places that actually are restricted.

I asked her what would happen if I got a letter from CORPORATE saying that she was in violation of corporate policy, and she kept going back to 'it's against the law'... :banghead: I offered to educate her on the law, and she went on a spiel about being alarmed, and the other tellers being alarmed that there was a gun in the bank.

She then said 'people rob banks', to which I responded, 'well, then it'd be a pretty good place to carry, don't you think?'.... Her response was 'but we don't know you'.. LOL

No amount of logic was getting to her, she admitted that she didn't have a 'weapons license' (or something to that effect) and every time I asked her if I got a letter from corporate saying the policy was to allow lawful carry, she completely ignored it and went off about 'Safety is the most important thing in my branch'..

I do have the district managers name/number, so we'll see how far up we have to go.

Ironically, I went in there to close my accounts.... Maybe I should walk in with a paper of a target stapled on my back, exclaiming 'I'm a target because Wells Fargo won't allow me to lawfully carry'... and make sure I take a very long time to close my accounts..

:D

deanf

So apperently employees of private businesses can and will set policy on the spot, with no prior notice required, which is within their authority, as I've said all along.

Huh.

wylde007

It Sounds Like You Have a Rogue Manager

It happens all the time. Contact the regional office and then corporate if need be. Inform them that one of their managers is enforcing a policy which does not coincide with the one which has been publicly declared by the corporation (ie: follow all applicable state and local laws) and explain that this rogue manager's actions are unnecessarily jeopardizing the safety its customers and could ultimately result in a significant loss of business.

Money talks.

Most companies which have such policies DO NOT appreciate their managers making s**t up on their own.

Good luck.

joeroket

explain that this rogue manager's actions......could ultimately result in a significant loss of business.

Money talks.

Just how are they going to see these kinds of losses? He was going to close his account already so they are not losing his business because of this manager. I highly doubt they will lose any business because of this manager not wanting a gun in the bank she controls.

Trigger Dr

It happens all the time. Contact the regional office and then corporate if need be. Inform them that one of their managers is enforcing a policy which does not coincide with the one which has been publicly declared by the corporation (ie: follow all applicable state and local laws) and explain that this rogue manager's actions are unnecessarily jeopardizing the safety its customers and could ultimately result in a significant loss of business.

Money talks.

Most companies which have such policies DO NOT appreciate their managers making s**t up on their own.

Good luck.

If you have a Million dollars in the account, you own the bank, if you have less, the bank owns you

acmariner99

I bank with Chase. Ive never had a problem carrying in their banks. Did a couple of times in Everett and had no problem -- but then again most of the time I am in Arizona so nobody questions my right to carry anyway.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Don't bank with....

Chase/Wells Fargo... i.e. national banks...

bring your money back to a credit union or regional bank, you will be better served and have a more local contact point.

therealcombat

Chase/Wells Fargo... i.e. national banks...

bring your money back to a credit union or regional bank, you will be better served and have a more local contact point.

+1

I've definitely had the best service from local banks instead of nation wide ones.

amlevin

Credit Unions??? I get better service, more interest on my deposits.

Where I live there are 6 Banks within one mile of each other. If one doesn't want my business I can merely move on. Smaller banks actually treat people like they want your business rather than the BS at BOA, Chase, Well Fargo, etc.

acmariner99

I respectfully disagree. Chase has had impeccable customer service and has never had a problem with me open carrying. Are there branches in the Seattle area that have asked people to leave over OC? And though Chase is a "larger" bank, I think it only covers the western US. If they suddenly didn't want my business, I'd move on to someone else but up till now I've never had an issue with them.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I respectfully disagree. Chase has had impeccable customer service and has never had a problem with me open carrying. Are there branches in the Seattle area that have asked people to leave over OC? And though Chase is a "larger" bank, I think it only covers the western US. If they suddenly didn't want my business, I'd move on to someone else but up till now I've never had an issue with them.

You will have problems with Chase, I will guarantee it. And they will not be related to OC necessarily. You will pay more in fees and receive less in interest. Chase is all over the US not in the West, they just recently moved to the West.