• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kimber Custom II Desert Warrior

utyszkij

Tomorrow I'm going to go (pre pay/layaway) this Kimber until my 30 day waiting period is up because everyone else doesn't have one/there's a 6 month wait from Kimber.. Anyone want to try to convince me otherwise or anyone here shot a II series from Kimber (5 in barrel) that wants to throw in some input? Would be greatly appreciated.

ANY sensible input will be absorbed by my sponge of a brain and appreciated.

Carry On

NightStalkers lead the way!

j4l

double-check on that waiting period/lay away bit. I found out today when I went to pick one up that I'd had on lay away, that it didnt count- I still have to wait 3 days to pick it up. they said the waiting period begins @ final payment.

wrong slogan, btw, TF160 arent 75th Inf Rgt. -frequent flyers, but not the same unit.
:banana:

utyszkij

30 day period from when I bought my last handgun, 2.4.11 VA state law without CHP

When the tag a longs *rangers* say NightStalkers lead the way, they lead the way, hooah

Lolcanoe

I recently bought a Tactical Custom II HD and I friggin' love it. One thing I've noticed is lube matters (at least on mine.) Mine started off with fail to feeds at about one or 2 per 50 round box, and now i'm up to 150 rounds before I get 1 feed problem, and it's not even broken in yet. It just keeps shooting better and better every time.

One thing that's really important is you don't press the grip safety while putting it back together. Other than that no other issues, however it throws the brass everywhere, mostly up high and back to the right though. All in all, I love the gun and do not regret my purchase one bit, not to mention a huge step up from the Parker SS .45

edit: invest in some Wilson Combat 8 round mags. They are sooooo buttery smooth and are WAY better quality than the magazine it comes with

Last edited:

cbpeck

I have a Kimber Custom CDP II

I've been extremely happy with mine.

It has about 2000 rds through it and has never failed to feed or fire. It did fail to eject (stovepipe) two rounds of WWB ammo that were just a couple spaces apart in the same box. It was annoying, but the gun hadn't ever FTE before then and it hasn't done it since, so I attribute it to the crappy WWB ammo. It's worth noting that in the past the gun has fed hundreds of WWB rounds without incident. I think it just had trouble getting a few bad rounds through its system.

You can spend a lot more on a 1911 than what a Kimber will run you, but IMO the cost:benefit ratio gets really steep.

There are times I wish mine was the Pro size. Then again, there are just as many times I'm glad it isn't.

Last edited: