• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would parents want there collage love ones. to be arm to protect themself on campus?

Rich B

There is no law against university carry in Connecticut. Only K-12.

Should the schools reverse their policies? Of course. But each one will have to be contacted and convinced individually. And I imagine they will need their students to make it happen.

ctgunfreedom

Many colleges have a policy written in regards to firearm possession on campus. You can look in their student handbooks which are available online. I know that the state universities forbids firearms, ammunition, etc.

KIX

ctgunfreedom beat me to it, but I'll add.......

I think last year there were some empty holster protests and some students even complained that they felt threatened by..... EMPTY HOLSTERS!!!! I recall hearing this on NRANews.com, but when I couldn't tell ya.

To answer you Alex....

I not only don't have an issue with students being armed, I think 18 should be the age for all legal adult activities. Drinking, gun permits, etc. I feel if you can take a bullet for your country and you can vote, then you should be able to practice the rest of the laws that come with adulthood.

I'll further with........

In 1974, Israel had one school shooting. Since then, there are armed teachers on campus and there has only been one incident since then.

That leads me to one conclusion....... bans on school grounds only allows the predator to know that citizens will be unarmed. you almost never hear of the guy doing a mass shooting at a gun range or similar place.

Look at what happens with the Appalachian Law School shooting..... there were two students that were armed and prevented further damage from an idiot with a firearm.

Of course, the media doesn't like to actually bring up both sides of an issue so I know most people have never even heard of the shooting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_School_of_Law_shooting

Jonathan