• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local PD Decide Against Emulating Nazis

hgreen

Last Thursday at our dinner the local mall cops called in the police to check out our dinner.

The police in the city typically don't respond to open carry events so this was the first time they had come to on of our dinners.

They initially wanted to march everyone (50+ people) out of the restaurant for e-checks, but thanks to our positive rapport with them they opted to not go through with the e-checks and bid us farewell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7PDxxCk1ZA

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I'm always impressed how great of a job SBOC has done in such a short period of time. Keep up the good work Harley.

markm

Hey Harley,

I concur with BigToe.

Why did the cop ask about revolvers? Are revolvers more dangerous than semi-autos?!?!

markm

Gunslinger

Nice cops. Didn't violate too many of the constitutional rights you'd have if you lived in the US. If the next meeting was at your house--bbQ in the back yard, and some ahole neighbor called the cops because she saw a MWAG!!!!! wonder if the SWAT clowns would be as polite. Having a good rapport with the cops is fine. And it's not their fault they have to follow the PDR of Kalifornia's moronic laws. But encounters like this are no victory for your/our side. Just doomsday deferred. I do sympathize with you, every time I put my loaded pistol in my holster. Putting governor moonbeam back in office isn't exactly moving in the right direction either

hgreen

Nice cops. Didn't violate too many of the constitutional rights you'd have if you lived in the US. If the next meeting was at your house--bbQ in the back yard, and some ahole neighbor called the cops because she saw a MWAG!!!!! wonder if the SWAT clowns would be as polite. Having a good rapport with the cops is fine. And it's not their fault they have to follow the PDR of Kalifornia's moronic laws. But encounters like this are no victory for your/our side. Just doomsday deferred. I do sympathize with you, every time I put my loaded pistol in my holster. Putting governor moonbeam back in office isn't exactly moving in the right direction either

Absolutely. Only victory was them not checking the entire restaurant. They still checked my firearm, played it safe by only removing the magazine instead of handling the firearm.

ryanburbridge

Great food good company this meet up was great.

I was a little nervous getting out of the truck with all the police. I walked right up behind Harley and was never e-checked. I did not talk to any police and went about my business.

SBOC is a great example of what grass roots is all about.

Keep up the great work.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
The T-shirts, the slogan, your banners 50+ people open carrying. Your on top of this PR campaign Harley keep up the good work, this exactly what the open carry movement needs more of.

Fight the Brady campaign's negative rhetoric with our own positive rhetoric.