Thread: USPSA/IPSC orIDPA Shoots

USPSA/IPSC orIDPA Shoots

I was wondering if any of your guys did these shoots. Was looking into it and looks like it would be good practice and a blast to try. The only question I had about it is is it just pistol shoots or is says something about rifle and shotgun also so does that make it a team event does anyone know? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I did IPSC once at the Ripon Range , it was fun. I Still have my $ 150.00 Speed rig, Belt , 5 mag holders & speed holster..all made by Mach2Tactical. I will do it again when I have time.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I did IPSC once at the Ripon Range , it was fun. I Still have my $ 150.00 Speed rig, Belt , 5 mag holders & speed holster..all made by Mach2Tactical. I will do it again when I have time.
    glock, i hate you...........you have everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post

Do a lot of people show up to the shoots? Do you have to have any experience in order to do these shoots or can you just show up and try it on a day of competition?

Quote Originally Posted by CJE View Post
    Do a lot of people show up to the shoots? Do you have to have any experience in order to do these shoots or can you just show up and try it on a day of competition?
    Yes, a lot of people show up, 20-40 people..it's fun. I believe for the first shoot you have to join the Ripon Club..maybe a $ 25.00 fee ? I am not sure been a few years.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 02-23-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    glock, i hate you...........you have everything!
    lol, I wish I had everything..but you got cool stuff too..like A bug out location up north on a lake & boat, etc, etc..you suck

I started shooting idpa at the ripon range last year. No need to be a member.$17 for non members. Average about 40 people.
    Last edited by apierce918; 02-23-2011 at 06:48 PM.

I hope to go to a few shoots in Ripon this summer.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    I started shooting idpa at the ripon range last year. No need to be a member.$17 for non members. Average about 40 people.
    $ 17.00 ok, that's what it was, i knew there was a small fee. It's really a blast.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Talking IDPA is very valuable shooting skills practice and a lot of fun

Racine IDPA (http://www.racineidpa.com/) has monthly shoots and usually attracts 20 to 30 people. It is a lot of fun and you learn a lot about safe gun handling, drawing and shooting while moving, multiple targets, reloading, clearing malfunctions, and performing under pressure.
    Last edited by davegran; 02-23-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Either one is big fun, and I'm sure nice people. You can always go and watch the first one and talk to people. Once you shoot a match in IDPA or USPSA you'll be hooked so be ready. You should go, period.

Holmen R&G USPSA

Holmen Rod and Gun does several different types of competitions.

http://holmenrodandgunclub.com/jooml...d=58&Itemid=76
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

they have an intro course in Ripon for IDPA on Mar 16th, and another on Mar 20th. The intro course is a $50 tax deductible donation, is from 8:00am - 5:00pm. Includes lunch.

I did this last year, and for the morning you talk about all the rules and such in a class setting, then after lunch it is range time
    Last edited by apierce918; 02-24-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Thanks everyone for the information. Looks like I may try it out.