Thread: Tasers

Tasers

Hello fellow open carriers. I am 18 years old and currently live in Michigan. I know that I am too you to get a CCW (or whatever the technical term for it is in Minnesota), but I was wondering if I could legally carry a concealed taser. I know this is an open carry forum and I do open carry a gun in Michigan but I figured someone on here would know. Thanks
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    I know that I am too you to get a CCW (or whatever the technical term for it is in Minnesota),
    Permit to Carry

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Hello fellow open carriers. I am 18 years old and currently live in Michigan. I know that I am too you to get a CCW (or whatever the technical term for it is in Minnesota), but I was wondering if I could legally carry a concealed taser. I know this is an open carry forum and I do open carry a gun in Michigan but I figured someone on here would know. Thanks

Under Minnesota law, energy-conducted weapons are called “electronic incapacitation devices” (EICs) and are regulated in the same chapter as tear gas and tear gas compounds.

In Minnesota, a person may possess and use an EIC with reasonable force to defend him or herself or his or her property, without a permit.

Persons under the age of 18, as well as persons who are prohibited from possessing a firearm, may not possess or use an EIC. Minnesota law also prohibits the use of an EIC against a peace officer. When used in the commission of a crime, an EIC is considered a weapon.

See MN statutes 624.731.
    Last edited by robdoar; 02-24-2011 at 03:17 AM.
    Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
    NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Shotshell + Metallic Reloading, RSO)
    Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors

McX
    tasers? crap, i misread the thread, and thought it was about Phasers. here's a link to a test i conducted in the kitchen just the other night. Pretty good huh? wife was a little peed about the wall though. damn shame we all cant have a goody like this huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSiNk0bGezY