Thread: Alert!! Moc court date changed!

Alert!! Moc court date changed!

CADL vs MOC court date has been moved to March 8th 4:00pm
    Last edited by scot623; 02-24-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    great, who requested that? or was it at the convenience of the court? in the mean time, rights continue to be trampled. not to mention people who've already asked for time off.
    if the library is the one who requested the new date i'm sure they've been watching the forum and noticed how many people said they would be in attendance...
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    great, who requested that? or was it at the convenience of the court? in the mean time, rights continue to be trampled. not to mention people who've already asked for time off.
    if the library is the one who requested the new date i'm sure they've been watching the forum and noticed how many people said they would be in attendance...
    Might I suggest in the future we be more clandestine in our planning for this just as we have had to be in the past with events....
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Great
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

I guess this needs to go to a pm system now? Way too much info on certain situations is being given away for everyone to see IMHO.

Not necessarily a bad thing, more time for a warchest fund to grow.

4pm?
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Might I suggest in the future we be more clandestine in our planning for this just as we have had to be in the past with events....
    In this case, they know where we'll be and when we'll be there . . . it's whenever the hearing happens. I don't know how "clandestine" we can be about meeting up at a publicly known date, time, and place for a court hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by choover View Post
    Not necessarily a bad thing, more time for a warchest fund to grow.
    A big +1! Two advantages come immediately to mind to this delay: funds increase, and the possibility (although it isn't likely) that CADL comes to their senses, saves taxpayer money, and gets this bogus TRO withdrawn themselves.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    In this case, they know where we'll be and when we'll be there . . . it's whenever the hearing happens. I don't know how "clandestine" we can be about meeting up at a publicly known date, time, and place for a court hearing.

A big +1! Two advantages come immediately to mind to this delay: funds increase, and the possibility (although it isn't likely) that CADL comes to their senses, saves taxpayer money, and gets this bogus TRO withdrawn themselves.
    How did I know this was going to happen RIGHT AFTER I get my sub arranged for tomorrow.
    And before I even look, I know I can't go on March 8... I bet the CADL planned this so I couldn't attend!

OK, I just had to put in the 'world-revolves-around-me comments', I hear it so much during my day from others.

But... seriously, I agree with others here, more time should be good for us and allow EVEN MORE people to attend and more $ to be raised. I seriously don't think CADL would drop the TRO now, too much 'invested' and have to save face.

Looks like I have some time to do some 'other stuff' tomorrow... and there is always 'other stuff' to do. Keep up the fight!
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up +1

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    How did I know this was going to happen RIGHT AFTER I get my sub arranged for tomorrow.
    And before I even look, I know I can't go on March 8... I bet the CADL planned this so I couldn't attend!

OK, I just had to put in the 'world-revolves-around-me comments', I hear it so much during my day from others.

But... seriously, I agree with others here, more time should be good for us and allow EVEN MORE people to attend and more $ to be raised. I seriously don't think CADL would drop the TRO now, too much 'invested' and have to save face.

Looks like I have some time to do some 'other stuff' tomorrow... and there is always 'other stuff' to do. Keep up the fight!
    +1 Sir! I've been out of the loop due to an illness, is there a fund that we can donate to?
    Thanks for any info G9OS

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    +1 Sir! I've been out of the loop due to an illness, is there a fund that we can donate to?
    Thanks for any info G9OS
    PM sent
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Nuts! I was planning on going tomorrow. I don't think I can make it on the 8th.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Nuts! I was planning on going tomorrow. I don't think I can make it on the 8th.

Bronson
    [robot voice]Oh no I can not make it on the 8th. [wink] [wink]
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Date Change:

Just a thought, I'm usually wrong though (just ask my wife) but maybe the date was changed because of the protests that are going on in Lansing about the proposed budget from the Governor. My daughter is a Senators aid and her phone & email is ringing off the hook these days with people (especially retired people) complaining about taxing their retirements. Please don't flame me, just throwing it out there for consideration thinking maybe the "powers to be" want things to cool down a bit?
    Last edited by maybeifulucky; 02-26-2011 at 07:59 AM.

I must have missed something big. What is MOC being charged with and by who?

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    4pm?
    malignity is reporting 4pm on March 8th, over at MGO. True?

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...&postcount=196
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Campaign Veteran
    According to the court website it is indeed that date and 4:15 pm, but lets call it 4 to be safe No, all they do is show a basic schedule, not why the last one was postponed, would be nice to have some info on that though.

-northofnowhere
    Last edited by northofnowhere; 02-24-2011 at 10:54 AM.

4pm is good, it might give some more of us a chance to attend. and dan, i think you're right about not needing to plan this in secret since the time and date is published. i do find it troubling that it is scheduled so late in the day from the standpoint of the judge actually having time to hear arguments. i've been aware of TSO hearings that spanned hours and even days. maybe it's so late in the day because they know they're just going to toss it out!
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 02-24-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by northofnowhere View Post
    According to the court website it is indeed that date and 4:15 pm, but lets call it 4 to be safe No, all they do is show a basic schedule, not why the last one was postponed, would be nice to have some info on that though.

-northofnowhere
    the time now shows as 4:05pm

Campaign Veteran
    I am getting old, it could have shown 4:05 before too, but i got 3/4 of the characters right, so I am pleased with the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by northofnowhere View Post
    According to the court website it is indeed that date and 4:15 pm, but lets call it 4 to be safe.
    Parties to a hearing are usually advised, by their own counsel even, to make a day of it and be at court much earlier than the scheduled time, or right when court opens even. This is because judges may get through their docket quickly, or want to move an important matter up if all parties are present.

This hearing could happen as soon as both parties are at court. I think MOC should tell us what time they plan on walking onto the court property, and keep us updated, so we can plan our travel and carpooling to be at the court before then.

Do not plan on posted times for the hearing. They are usually not strictly adhered to. Hell, the date wasn't strictly adhered to by the court.

If I don't hear from MOC about their planned time of arrival, I'm going to be there first thing in the morning.

Anyone from Grand Rapids area going that I could possibly catch a ride with?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurotour View Post
    Anyone from Grand Rapids area going that I could possibly catch a ride with?
    Monitor the carpooling thread here:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-Coordination

Don't post there, unless you are offering your vehicle for carpooling.

If you see a carpool you want to join, private message the person.

Good luck!

Sorry, thought I was in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    malignity is reporting 4pm on March 8th, over at MGO. True?

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...&postcount=196
    I said 4 because that's what Stu told me, one of our co-counselors working with Dean.

It may in fact be 4:15, however, I'd suggest everyone arrive at 4 to be early. Fifteen minutes isn't long to wait, and it'll give us a few minutes to get our ducks in a row.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.