• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alert!! Moc court date changed!

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
great, who requested that? or was it at the convenience of the court? in the mean time, rights continue to be trampled. not to mention people who've already asked for time off.
if the library is the one who requested the new date i'm sure they've been watching the forum and noticed how many people said they would be in attendance...

autosurgeon

great, who requested that? or was it at the convenience of the court? in the mean time, rights continue to be trampled. not to mention people who've already asked for time off.
if the library is the one who requested the new date i'm sure they've been watching the forum and noticed how many people said they would be in attendance...

Might I suggest in the future we be more clandestine in our planning for this just as we have had to be in the past with events.... :uhoh:

DanM

Might I suggest in the future we be more clandestine in our planning for this just as we have had to be in the past with events....

In this case, they know where we'll be and when we'll be there . . . it's whenever the hearing happens. I don't know how "clandestine" we can be about meeting up at a publicly known date, time, and place for a court hearing.

Not necessarily a bad thing, more time for a warchest fund to grow.

A big +1! Two advantages come immediately to mind to this delay: funds increase, and the possibility (although it isn't likely) that CADL comes to their senses, saves taxpayer money, and gets this bogus TRO withdrawn themselves.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
In this case, they know where we'll be and when we'll be there . . . it's whenever the hearing happens. I don't know how "clandestine" we can be about meeting up at a publicly known date, time, and place for a court hearing.

A big +1! Two advantages come immediately to mind to this delay: funds increase, and the possibility (although it isn't likely) that CADL comes to their senses, saves taxpayer money, and gets this bogus TRO withdrawn themselves.

How did I know this was going to happen RIGHT AFTER I get my sub arranged for tomorrow. :lol:
And before I even look, I know I can't go on March 8... I bet the CADL planned this so I couldn't attend!

OK, I just had to put in the 'world-revolves-around-me comments', I hear it so much during my day from others.

But... seriously, I agree with others here, more time should be good for us and allow EVEN MORE people to attend and more $ to be raised. I seriously don't think CADL would drop the TRO now, too much 'invested' and have to save face.

Looks like I have some time to do some 'other stuff' tomorrow... and there is always 'other stuff' to do. Keep up the fight!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
+1

How did I know this was going to happen RIGHT AFTER I get my sub arranged for tomorrow. :lol:
And before I even look, I know I can't go on March 8... I bet the CADL planned this so I couldn't attend!

OK, I just had to put in the 'world-revolves-around-me comments', I hear it so much during my day from others.

But... seriously, I agree with others here, more time should be good for us and allow EVEN MORE people to attend and more $ to be raised. I seriously don't think CADL would drop the TRO now, too much 'invested' and have to save face.

Looks like I have some time to do some 'other stuff' tomorrow... and there is always 'other stuff' to do. Keep up the fight!

+1 Sir! I've been out of the loop due to an illness, is there a fund that we can donate to?
Thanks for any info G9OS

maybeifulucky

Date Change:

Just a thought, I'm usually wrong though (just ask my wife) but maybe the date was changed because of the protests that are going on in Lansing about the proposed budget from the Governor. My daughter is a Senators aid and her phone & email is ringing off the hook these days with people (especially retired people) complaining about taxing their retirements. Please don't flame me, just throwing it out there for consideration thinking maybe the "powers to be" want things to cool down a bit?

Last edited:

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
According to the court website it is indeed that date and 4:15 pm, but lets call it 4 to be safe :) No, all they do is show a basic schedule, not why the last one was postponed, would be nice to have some info on that though.

-northofnowhere

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
4pm is good, it might give some more of us a chance to attend. and dan, i think you're right about not needing to plan this in secret since the time and date is published. i do find it troubling that it is scheduled so late in the day from the standpoint of the judge actually having time to hear arguments. i've been aware of TSO hearings that spanned hours and even days. maybe it's so late in the day because they know they're just going to toss it out!:lol::lol:

Last edited: