Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALERT! ALERT! CBS News to expose 'Project Gunrunner' scandal TONITE (Wednesday)

ALERT! ALERT! CBS News to expose 'Project Gunrunner' scandal TONITE (Wednesday)

Many of you have read my stuff about this:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...gunwalker.html

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BREAKING STORY: CBS to take up Gunwalker Scandal tonight!

David Codrea:
    http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...ject-gunwalker

Just one more thing to add to the long list of reasons why the ATF should be shut down.
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 02-24-2011 at 06:26 AM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Unintended Consequences

BATFE commits acts that are apparently motivated by a desire to manipulate politics, instead of a desire to enforce (entrap) import export laws.

This coverup will follow a familiar pattern. Most of the crminal acts are committed in the coverup, and no prosecution of the leaders of this criminal organization will be attempted.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Bellevue v. Beltway: Gottlieb tells Holder ‘Investigate ATF or resign’

Washington State’s leading gun rights advocate wants heads to roll over the “Project Gunrunner” scandal, which was launched in 2009 ostensibly to curb the flow of American guns – some traced back to the Evergreen State – that are allegedly fueling the violent Mexican drug cartel war.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...tf-or-resign-1

Or try this:
    http://tinyurl.com/4s8ejm5

Well we need to cut some extra fat and getting rid of the ATF would be a start.
    Last edited by zack991; 02-24-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Is this available online anywhere (HULU, CBS.com ?? ) for those of us who missed it?
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

See post #2
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    See post #2
    Thanks, missed it.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by end_the_fed View Post
    just one more thing to add to the long list of reasons why the atf should be shut down.
    this !!!!!
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Part II of the CBS story is up (ran tonight). They have ATF video of a straw purchase AND an interview with an ATF agent who has come forward.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...hannelMore;pop
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I'd support doing away with the DEA and ATF. Move the manpower to the US Marshals or FBI.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

If the Federal government only did what the Constitution authorized, then it would only need the U.S Marshal service.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    I'd support doing away with the DEA and ATF. Move the manpower to the US Marshals or FBI.
    that would never be enough for them. for a totalitarian police state to work, the thugs need to step on every portion of your body with the Jack boot. The BATFE has demonstrated it's totalitarian & draconian business as usual anti Gun & anti freedom policies over & over again.. The BATFE will never go away but they will get bigger & more powerful as time goes on..REMEMBER eventually they will take you guns away , by incrementally legislating them away over time & no one will do anything about it until it's too late. Men like our founding fathers basically do not exist anymore.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    Not me.

Monday, January 31, 2011

FBI involved in hundreds of legal violations over past decade: report
    Zach Zagger at 10:57 AM ET

The FBI reported to a presidential oversight board that between 2001 and 2008 it committed approximately 800 violations of laws, executive orders, or other regulations governing intelligence investigations, according to a report released Monday by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF). The report summarizes nearly 2,500 pages of government documents obtained by EFF through Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) [text] litigation.

http://jurist.org/paperchase/2011/01...ade-report.php
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-04-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Grassley: ‘Congress needs to get to the bottom of this’

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ “Project Gunrunner” scandal exploded with yesterday’s follow-up report on the CBS Evening News by Sharyl Atkisson, coincidentally – or perhaps not – on the same day ATF announced a major gun and drug bust in Portland, OR and Southwest Washington.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...bottom-of-this

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/4q66m7d

Centurion
    After reading what I could of the 31 page document and letters sent by Grassley to DOJ and ATF I can't help be wonder MORE about enemies domestic!

ATF'S rsponse? Positive Press!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_16...-10391695.html

Public Information Officers:

Please make every effort for the next two weeks to maximize coverage of ATF operations/enforcement actions/arrests at the local and regional level. Given the negative coverage by CBS Evening News last week and upcoming events this week, the bureau should look for every opportunity to push coverage of good stories. Fortunately, the CBS story has not sparked any follow up coverage by mainstream media and seems to have fizzled.

It was shoddy reporting , as CBS failed to air on-the-record interviews by former ATF officials and HQ statements for attribution that expressed opposing views and explained the law and difficulties of firearm trafficking investigations. The CBS producer for the story made only a feigned effort at the 11th hour to reach ATF HQ for comment.

This week (To 3/1/2011), Attorney General Holder testifies on the Hill and likely will get questions about the allegations in the story. Also (The 3/3/2011), Mexico President Calderon will visit the White House and likely will testify on the Hill. He will probably draw attention to the lack of political support for demand letter 3 and Project Gunrunner.

ATF needs to proactively push positive stories this week, in an effort to preempt some negative reporting, or at minimum, lessen the coverage of such stories in the news cycle by replacing them with good stories about ATF. The more time we spend highlighting the great work of the agents through press releases and various media outreaches in the coming days and weeks, the better off we will be.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any significant operations that should get national media coverage, please reach out to the Public Affairs Division for support, coordination and clearance.

Thank you,

Scot

Scot L. Thomasson

Chief ATF Public Affairs Division

Washington, DC

Desk 202-648-XXXX

Cell 206-XXX-XXXX
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    [b]Grassley: ‘Congress needs to get to the bottom of this’[/url]
    Is that on George Carlin's list?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKftRlzh2RM
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Is that on George Carlin's list?
    George's list is based upon WHAT?

And it's not based opon most of what's not really is.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Many of you have read my stuff about this:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...gunwalker.html

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BREAKING STORY: CBS to take up Gunwalker Scandal tonight!

David Codrea:
    http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...ject-gunwalker
    I watched the follow-up last night quite by chance as the Commie Broadcast Network is my least favority of the lunatic left media. Instead of nailing the BATF for their irresponsible and unlawful actions, they ***** footed around the issue in such a way it looks like the dealers who were coerced into following the new SA's orders were to blame. Trying to push it back to 2008 with absolutely no evidence presented so Bush can take the blame, not obooba and his bootlicker holder. Typical cbs garbage.

I said "pussyfooted" and have no idea why this term dealing with kitties paws was ***** out.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 03-09-2011 at 12:00 PM.

No evidence other than court documents you mean?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_16...-10391695.html

March 8, 2011 10:12 PM
    Documents point to ATF "gun running" since 2008
    Posted by Sharyl Attkisson
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-09-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

dupe
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 03-09-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    No evidence other than court documents you mean?

"Point to..." Where's the document? If cbs said the sun was coming up in the morning I'd be concerned the world is going to end.

Now the washington post is running interference

Is Washington Post helping ATF circle wagons on ‘Gunrunner’ scandal?

Is the Washington Post providing cover to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in the probe of an unfolding controversy regarding “Project Gunrunner” and an off-shoot of that operation in Arizona dubbed “Fast and Furious?”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...runner-scandal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast