• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT! ALERT! CBS News to expose 'Project Gunrunner' scandal TONITE (Wednesday)

Gunslinger

Many of you have read my stuff about this:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2011/02/breaking-story-cbs-to-take-up-gunwalker.html

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BREAKING STORY: CBS to take up Gunwalker Scandal tonight!

David Codrea:
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/breaking-cbs-to-report-tonight-on-project-gunwalker

I watched the follow-up last night quite by chance as the Commie Broadcast Network is my least favority of the lunatic left media. Instead of nailing the BATF for their irresponsible and unlawful actions, they ***** footed around the issue in such a way it looks like the dealers who were coerced into following the new SA's orders were to blame. Trying to push it back to 2008 with absolutely no evidence presented so Bush can take the blame, not obooba and his bootlicker holder. Typical cbs garbage.

I said "pussyfooted" and have no idea why this term dealing with kitties paws was ***** out.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Now the washington post is running interference

Is Washington Post helping ATF circle wagons on ‘Gunrunner’ scandal?

Is the Washington Post providing cover to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in the probe of an unfolding controversy regarding “Project Gunrunner” and an off-shoot of that operation in Arizona dubbed “Fast and Furious?”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...elping-atf-circle-wagons-on-gunrunner-scandal

HandyHamlet

"Point to..." Where's the document? If cbs said the sun was coming up in the morning I'd be concerned the world is going to end.

No, you are right.

CBS is guilty of conspiracy and not the ATF and the Justice Dept... and the White House.

Thanks for setting me straight.

jerkoff.gif

ABNinfantryman

I watched the follow-up last night quite by chance as the Commie Broadcast Network is my least favority of the lunatic left media. Instead of nailing the BATF for their irresponsible and unlawful actions, they ***** footed around the issue in such a way it looks like the dealers who were coerced into following the new SA's orders were to blame. Trying to push it back to 2008 with absolutely no evidence presented so Bush can take the blame, not obooba and his bootlicker holder. Typical cbs garbage.

You must've watched a different report than I did, or were you expecting the overt doom saying flamboyancy of Fox News?

Gunslinger

No, you are right.

CBS is guilty of conspiracy and not the ATF and the Justice Dept... and the White House.

Thanks for setting me straight.

jerkoff.gif

If you think you get the truth from cbs news, you're out of your mind. I'm not defending the BATF/whitehouse, I'm questioning cbs. I'll ask you again: where's the proof/documents? If this has been going on since '08, show it.

Gunslinger

You must've watched a different report than I did, or were you expecting the overt doom saying flamboyancy of Fox News?

Really? And what did you see, the honorable "journalists" of cbs calling a spade a spade, or lacking the guts to say who is to blame for this and spinning it against honest gun shops. They're quick enough to editiorialize and call it "news" on other topics, why not on batf? And Bush in '08. Where's the proof it's been going on since then? Typical cbs lies, just like exploding gas tanks on trucks.
Fox may not be perfect, but if they slant it, they slant it in a direction that represents my philosophy. If you love cbs and the leftwing crap they fling, that's your prerogative.

HandyHamlet

If you think you get the truth from cbs news, you're out of your mind. I'm not defending the BATF/whitehouse, I'm questioning cbs. I'll ask you again: where's the proof/documents? If this has been going on since '08, show it.

Old News dude. And show a little patiences. It will all come out soon. Not that anything will change though... And I'm not defending CBS.

Grassley has lengthy correspondence and numerous documents he wants to post on the Senate Judiciary website, but sources on the Hill say Judiciary Chairman Pat Leahy won't allow it, refusing to call for an independent congressional investigation.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/09/project-gun-runner-scandal-border/#ixzz1GDtfRpe1

Last edited:

ABNinfantryman

Really? And what did you see, the honorable "journalists" of cbs calling a spade a spade, or lacking the guts to say who is to blame for this and spinning it against honest gun shops. They're quick enough to editiorialize and call it "news" on other topics, why not on batf? And Bush in '08. Where's the proof it's been going on since then? Typical cbs lies, just like exploding gas tanks on trucks.
Fox may not be perfect, but if they slant it, they slant it in a direction that represents my philosophy. If you love cbs and the leftwing crap they fling, that's your prerogative.

What I got from the video was that the ATF entrapped honest gun shops and forced them to assist in this crime, which is apparently the complete opposite of what you saw, sooo either you didn't watch it all the way or you're hyper critical of CBS. Either way, if you think there aren't crooked gun shop owners with questionable ethics, I have a bridge in New York to sell you, real cheap. Whenever money's involved there's always bound to be a few crooks. As to my viewing habits, I don't watch TV, can't stomach all of the commercials, but I do have the capability to weed out the slant and get from the story what I need when individuals such as yourself post a video or story.

As to Fox, there's no question to if they slant it, it's well documented that Rubert Murdoch uses it as his own propaganda network, by his own admission, as well as Fox being responsible for the overly sensationalized smut they call "news" now. So again I ask, is it not good news because there's not some fat white guy or attractive big breasted blonde screaming about the death of the country in this piece?

DontTreadOnMeVa

Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry's blood is on the hands of the ATF. ...and others blood are and will be. I have no use for them, We would be much better off with no ATF.

PROJECT GUNRUNNER

Oct. 10: Otilio Osorio purchases Romarm-Cugir model Draco 7.62 pistol from Texas gun shop.
Nov. 5: DEA and ATF coordinate undercover weapons purchase by an informant.
Nov. 8: Informant meets with Osorio brothers and another suspect and sets up transfer of 40 weapons, including Romarm-Cugir model Draco pistols. No arrest occurs, but weapons are later seized in Laredo.
Dec. 14: Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry is gunned down; weapons at scene traced to ATF smuggling operation.
Feb. 15: ICE Agent Jaime Zapata is killed in Mexico; Romarm-Cugir model Draco 7.62 pistol used in the killing is traced to Otilio Osorio.
Feb. 28: Osorios arrested on gun-smuggling charges.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2011/mar/08/atf-plan-bad-idea-for-border/

DontTreadOnMeVa

Memo from ATF PAO

Public Information Officers:

Please make every effort for the next two weeks to maximize coverage of ATF operations/enforcement actions/arrests at the local and regional level. Given the negative coverage by CBS Evening News last week and upcoming events this week, the bureau should look for every opportunity to push coverage of good stories. Fortunately, the CBS story has not sparked any follow up coverage by mainstream media and seems to have fizzled.

It was shoddy reporting, as CBS failed to air on-the-record interviews by former ATF officials and HQ statements for attribution that expressed opposing views and explained the law and difficulties of firearm trafficking investigations. The CBS producer for the story made only a feigned effort at the 11th hour to reach ATF HQ for comment.

This week (To 3/1/2011), Attorney General Holder testifies on the Hill and likely will get questions about the allegations in the story. Also (The 3/3/2011), Mexico President Calderon will visit the White House and likely will testify on the Hill. He will probably draw attention to the lack of political support for demand letter 3 and Project Gunrunner.

ATF needs to proactively push positive stories this week, in an effort to preempt some negative reporting, or at minimum, lessen the coverage of such stories in the news cycle by replacing them with good stories about ATF. The more time we spend highlighting the great work of the agents through press releases and various media outreaches in the coming days and weeks, the better off we will be.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any significant operations that should get national media coverage, please reach out to the Public Affairs Division for support, coordination and clearance.

Thank you,

Scot L. Thomasson

Chief, ATF Public Affairs Division

Washington, DC

HandyHamlet

Fox News along with every news agency except CBS refused to come anywhere near this story. So please skip the propaganda.

Last edited: