• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Virginia Legal Defense Deadly Force Seminar 1PM-5PM 3/26/11 Sterling, VA - $85

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Don't face the legal system alone after a self defense shooting!

- Educating citizens about the legalities of using deadly force for self defense and how to interact with the criminal justice system after a shooting.
- Castle Doctrine
- Traveling with your firearm
- Open Carry and Concealed Carry Rules and Limitation
- Where you can and can't Carry
- Interactions with Law Enforcement - RAS and PC - Terry Stops
- Buying and Selling Guns
- Open Group - Q&A session

Sterling Location to be announced after receipt of your paid registration of $85 per person. ($90 per person if paid via PayPal to VirginiaOpenCarry@gmail.com). Rooms will be available for $72 per night for those that travel from far away. Mention the seminar for the special rate.

Checks can be payable to "Virginia Legal Defense" and mailed to this address:
Ed Levine, PO Box 16143, Washington DC 20041-6143

Member of:
- The Virginia State Bar,
- The Fauquier County Bar Association,
- The Virginia Trial Lawyers' Association,
- The Virginia Citizen's Defense League,
- Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network
- The National Rifle Association, and
- Numerous online bulletin board systems, gun-forum websites, and blogs as "user".

Daniel L. Hawes is an attorney licensed to practice in Virginia. Originally from Alexandria, Virginia, he now lives near Warrenton. A graduate of George Mason University's School of Law, he is admitted to practice in all Virginia Courts, the United States Supreme Court , the United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Federal District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia on January 14, 1994. His practice is limited to defense in cases of criminal and civil litigator, including related appellate, evidentiary and procedural law.

He is an NRA certified firearms instructor.

NOTE: You can RSVP on this page, but you do not have a confirmed seat until you have paid your registration fee.

- - - -
The opinions of the authors expressed herein are general observations and mere opinion, and are not statements of fact or legal advice. Persons seeking legal advice are strongly urged to consult an attorney licensed to practice law in their own location. Virginia Legal Defense has no way to know where potential viewers of this web site reside or do business, and thus cannot advise those persons as to the state of the law applicable there. The trade name and service mark, "Virginia Legal Defense", and the copyrighted material displayed in this website are proprietary; © all rights reserved 1989-2011. Nothing contained herein or accessible herefrom constitutes an offer on the part of Virginia Legal Defense to enter into any kind of contract. Rev. 971021; 060711; 070523; 070605; 070828; 070910; 101029.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Thank you, Ed, for that wonderful introduction...

... and for lighting the fire under my butt to get me going on this.

This is the original "Deadly Force" seminar, approximately two and a half hours of jawboning about Virginia and Federal firearms law, with primary emphasis on the law of self defense/defense of others. These tend to be highly interactive, hence the term, "seminar", and everyone is encouraged to bring all their questions and opinions. I generally prepare for about three days to make sure things haven't changed too much since the last time I did one, but I can't promise I'll know everything. But I will write 'em down and find the answer to any questions I can't answer.

Sterling, in Eastern Loudoun Co., isn't the optimum location for everyone, but I hope to be doing this in other locations around Virginia. I'm planning to do these at sites accessible to the Alexandria/Springfield/Woodbridge, Fredericksburg/Culpeper, Charlottesville, Lynchburg/Roanoke, Richmond/Petersburg, and Hampton Roads areas. I'm probably not going to places like Danville or Grundy/Clintwood unless someone else foots the bill. Abingdon's a possibility, though. But for those who just can't wait, I believe Ed's working on the hotel where we'll be doing this for a deal on overnight accommodations.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I'd love to go to a Lynchburg area version of this, but since this is already set up I'll talk to the wife and see if we can't get 2 of us up to Sterling for this one.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I have attended two of Dan's seminars in the past and will do so again. This is information that is worth your time and money to learn. I've been discussing this with Dan lately so I am pleased he is going to start these up again.

Thanks so much to Ed and Dan.

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
This seminar satisfies the CHP "training or proficiency" requirement

Attendence at this seminar qualifies for the proficiency instruction required to apply for a concealed handgun permit in Virginia. I'll provide the necessary affidavit upon request.

nemo

I would love to attend, but am already out of town, that weekend.

Dan, do you have plans for a follow-up seminar in NOVA? If Ed counts noses of those who cannot attend in March, I would be glad to set up one in the Winchester area. How big a place do you want/need/expect?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
seminar.jpg

Attachments

• seminar.jpg
    seminar.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 137

MSC 45ACP

Hampton Roads Seminar

I REALLY would like to see this in SE VA. I've seen Mr. Hawes in the courtroom and look forward to seeing his seminar.

Please give us some advance notice about his visit to Hampton Roads.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
The wifester and I thoroughly enjoyed the seminar and feel we benefitted from it greatly. I hope to see one of these down in my area (Lynchburg) and I'll do what I can to find a good place to host it. I've already done some asking around about the use of local facilities.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Planning another one in Woodstock, Shenandoah Co., right off I-81, in June.

Probably cheaper, looks like hotel will be charging a lot less than the one in Sterling.

Any interest?

nemo

> Planning another one in Woodstock, Shenandoah Co., right off I-81, in June.
> Any interest?

You bet.

How far is that from Winchester? Never mind; I will just jump on I-81 and drive 'til I get there.