Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Bill to be filed.

Open Carry Bill to be filed.

Alright folks. I have some news that your going to like.
    The Open Carry Bill is finished, been review by league council, and ready for the go.
    It will be entered next week. I will add some very specific details about it next week.
    Im sure everyone has been on the edge of their seats and wondering whats going on. The bill has simply been prepaired with the strenght to get it passed. Everyone involved wanted to get everything lined up for a straight shot to Mr. Perry's desk without hassle.
    As stated before, Alice Tripp said she will not lobby the open carry bill. Thats Ok and im glad our sponsor went to them. Currently we have some great support from our friends with the Lone Star Citizense Defense League, Texas NRA Grassroots, and im working on getting the GOA on board.
    It's ready to go folks. I have a lot of stuff to do between now and next week and I promise I will keep yall informed.

It's almost beyond my imagination that we could have some real freedom in this state soon.

I can't wait.

Campaign Veteran
    Anyone else find it odd that both Texas and Florida is doing this at the same time?

I wonder if anyone in the legislature of either is waiting to see what the other does.

Quote Originally Posted by FzSBLACKMAGICK View Post
    Anyone else find it odd that both Texas and Florida is doing this at the same time?

I wonder if anyone in the legislature of either is waiting to see what the other does.
    Dont really think so, and Florida actually had open carry. It was taken away just a few years ago by some Natzi idiots. Texas open carry was taken away like a 138 years ago.

Campaign Veteran
    Yes, I believe it was until 1987 (for Florida) and that Janet Reno actually had something to do with it.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Yes, I believe it was until 1987 (for Florida) and that Janet Reno actually had something to do with it.
    Nazi idiot is a proper label then.

I'm glad to hear the news, looking forward to the details.

If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    Nazi idiot is a proper label then.

I'm glad to hear the news, looking forward to the details.

Well, florida's OC bill (which includes campus carry) was in committee on Tuesday but it got postponed until March 8

Good luck to both states but I'll tell you right now, if Texas passes it and Florida doesn't...I WILL be moving to Texas.

That out of sheer principle.

I do believe it looks good to go, though I do wish they had just made it an open carry bill alone without having to stick campus carry onto it. I believe it would of passed Tuesday had the bill been singular in nature.

This is great news. Going to be visiting later this year.
    Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

so is george lavender still on board

Well, florida's OC bill (which includes campus carry) was in committee on Tuesday but it got postponed until March 8

Good luck to both states but I'll tell you right now, if Texas passes it and Florida doesn't...I WILL be moving to Texas.

That out of sheer principle.

I do believe it looks good to go, though I do wish they had just made it an open carry bill alone without having to stick campus carry onto it. I believe it would of passed Tuesday had the bill been singular in nature.
    A family member who knows senator charlie dean inquired and said SB 234 will almost certainly pass.

States certainly are swayed by trends. If a state passes a bad law especially. Hence cell phone/texting while driving laws that insurance companies now confirm have actually INCREASED accidents because people still do it but struggle in an inconspicuous manner.

As a freedom lover, I'm usually like eeyore when it comes to the prospects of liberty. But gun rights are no doubt getting better at the state level every year. I write and call legislators in other states when I get alerted to bills because I know if lots more states pass constitutional carry it brings my state one step closer.

Quote Originally Posted by have gun will travel View Post
    so is george lavender still on board
    Yes, absolutely!

It's the 28th. No sign of it being filed yet...

Well it's next week. Any word?

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Love too see some details too... lets not leave us in suspense.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

I'm sure the news will be posted by someone within minutes of the bill being listed at legis

Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    I'm sure the news will be posted by someone within minutes of the bill being listed at legis
    I thought March 01 was the deadline for filing.

Accomplished Advocate
    details would be nice. is this open carry legislation for permitted only?

Quote Originally Posted by DKSuddeth View Post
    details would be nice. is this open carry legislation for permitted only?
    Yes, that's all they could get for now. Next session will be the big push for Constitutional Carry or at least unlicensed OC.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

If you need access to the petition let me know, it's up to 70,000 signatures now.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Yes, that's all they could get for now. Next session will be the big push for Constitutional Carry or at least unlicensed OC.
    Is this merely the deletion of the fail-to-conceal clause, or is it honest-to-god open carry for CHL holders?

The details are not yet available but deletion of 46.035 (a) automatically = open carry for CHL's, subject to private property rights/prerogatives.

I suspect that it will be much more comprehensive than simply deleting 46.035 (a) though.

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    The details are not yet available but deletion of 46.035 (a) automatically = open carry for CHL's, subject to private property rights/prerogatives.
    That's always been my suggestion.

Texas seems averse to actually deleting portions of the law. They prefer to tack new language onto the end, which is why we have people who still believe hospitals, churches, and amusement parks are off limits -- they just stopped reading too soon!

It's amazing how not only the lawmakers don't take sufficient time to study the laws already on the books - so as not to creat a "ball of string remnants" when they add to it, the law enforcers more often than not tend to rely upon faulty assumptions as well. That's just as true in Colorado as in Texas. Anyone exerting the effort to actually study the statutes will be totally mind-boggled at the knowledge gaps, eroneous assumptions, and allussions to "common knowledge" and such when they have an opportunity to engage in a conversation at the local PD or SO.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 03-03-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast