• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Bill to be filed.

MR Redenck

Alright folks. I have some news that your going to like.
The Open Carry Bill is finished, been review by league council, and ready for the go.
It will be entered next week. I will add some very specific details about it next week.
Im sure everyone has been on the edge of their seats and wondering whats going on. The bill has simply been prepaired with the strenght to get it passed. Everyone involved wanted to get everything lined up for a straight shot to Mr. Perry's desk without hassle.
As stated before, Alice Tripp said she will not lobby the open carry bill. Thats Ok and im glad our sponsor went to them. Currently we have some great support from our friends with the Lone Star Citizense Defense League, Texas NRA Grassroots, and im working on getting the GOA on board.
It's ready to go folks. I have a lot of stuff to do between now and next week and I promise I will keep yall informed.

echo5sierra

It's almost beyond my imagination that we could have some real freedom in this state soon.

I can't wait.

MR Redenck

Anyone else find it odd that both Texas and Florida is doing this at the same time?

I wonder if anyone in the legislature of either is waiting to see what the other does.

Dont really think so, and Florida actually had open carry. It was taken away just a few years ago by some Natzi idiots. Texas open carry was taken away like a 138 years ago.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
Nazi idiot is a proper label then.

I'm glad to hear the news, looking forward to the details.

:banana:

Well, florida's OC bill (which includes campus carry) was in committee on Tuesday but it got postponed until March 8

Good luck to both states but I'll tell you right now, if Texas passes it and Florida doesn't...I WILL be moving to Texas.

That out of sheer principle.

I do believe it looks good to go, though I do wish they had just made it an open carry bill alone without having to stick campus carry onto it. I believe it would of passed Tuesday had the bill been singular in nature.

77zach

Well, florida's OC bill (which includes campus carry) was in committee on Tuesday but it got postponed until March 8

Good luck to both states but I'll tell you right now, if Texas passes it and Florida doesn't...I WILL be moving to Texas.

That out of sheer principle.

I do believe it looks good to go, though I do wish they had just made it an open carry bill alone without having to stick campus carry onto it. I believe it would of passed Tuesday had the bill been singular in nature.

A family member who knows senator charlie dean inquired and said SB 234 will almost certainly pass.

77zach

Anyone else find it odd that both Texas and Florida is doing this at the same time?

I wonder if anyone in the legislature of either is waiting to see what the other does.

States certainly are swayed by trends. If a state passes a bad law especially. Hence cell phone/texting while driving laws that insurance companies now confirm have actually INCREASED accidents because people still do it but struggle in an inconspicuous manner.

As a freedom lover, I'm usually like eeyore when it comes to the prospects of liberty. But gun rights are no doubt getting better at the state level every year. I write and call legislators in other states when I get alerted to bills because I know if lots more states pass constitutional carry it brings my state one step closer.

pooley

I'm sure the news will be posted by someone within minutes of the bill being listed at legis ;)