• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Bill to be filed.

()pen(arry

Sometimes bills have the text up when it's added to the list, sometimes the text isn't added for another 18-24 hours... I guess we got lucky on this one

Yeah, it was impressively fast (though in the private sector there wouldn't have been any delay, if it were a good company).

Anyway, much appreciation to the LSCDL crew for their hard work. Won't forget what they've done and will continue to do.

pooley

Yeah, it was impressively fast (though in the private sector there wouldn't have been any delay, if it were a good company).

Anyway, much appreciation to the LSCDL crew for their hard work. Won't forget what they've done and will continue to do.

The credit goes to the 3 founders, Shane, Doug & Cliff. They're the ones who got it going.

Already in, already wrote my rep asking for support, already told my friends to do the same. What else can we do?

Keep telling your friends until they actually do it :p

Last edited:

rushcreek2

Congratulations Texans - and thanks to ALL at LSCDL and especially Representative Lavender.

Thank you too - Pooley! Your contribution is very evident.

Now begins the "process". I believe this bill will pass.

When it passes -and is signed into law- Texans will have the opportunity to dispel the hysteria that has produced the mind-set that only police and criminals carry guns.

I believe that Texas is on the verge of demonstrating that an armed society IS A PEACEFUL SOCIETY. Open carry will have a pronounced positive affect on civility in the public square in Texas.

pooley

Congratulations Texans - and thanks to ALL at LSCDL and especially Representative Lavender.

Thank you too - Pooley! Your contribution is very evident.

Now begins the "process". I believe this bill will pass.

When it passes -and is signed into law- Texans will have the opportunity to dispel the hysteria that has produced the mind-set that only police and criminals carry guns.

I believe that Texas is on the verge of demonstrating that an armed society IS A PEACEFUL SOCIETY. Open carry will have a pronounced positive affect on civility in the public square in Texas.

Very true. It'll give us 2 years to prove that OC does NOT equal bloodbaths & gunfights at the OK hair salon.

77zach

Open carry killed in Florida

It's up to you Texas!

One neocon "law and order" conservative sheriff killed our bill. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

baseballguy2001

Lone Star Veteran
I have just read HB 2756 and I've found it to be a reasonable, fair bill. Is it Constitutional Carry? No. As I said in another post, this bill moves the ball forward. I also sent my state reps a note asking them to support this bill. I would also encourage Texas residents to send a note to their reps urging support for this bill. Be polite. Be concise. Be respectful. Now is the time.

rodbender

I think it would be better to find out when your rep and senator will be back in district and make an appointment to visit. I can visit in Austin because I'm local.

rushcreek2

so would this be a good time to hold an open carry rally in austin no weapon just sign

This is my 2 cents on the rally idea - and probably worth about 1 &1/2 cents - but here goes anyway.

I THINK - the less hoop-hurrah the better on this one. HB2756 CAN BE percieved as a MINOR remedial legislative action intended to correct an unconstitutional provision of Chapter 46 - namely section 46.035 (a) failure to conceal by a CHL licensee.

On the other hand - HB2756 can be perceived as a "Katy bar the door" , "wild west", and OK corral revisited threat to peace and order.

We witnessed lot's of media mania, hype, and bias over the concealed campus carry bill.

HB 2756 HAS BEEN WELL THOUGHT OUT, and presented with the intention of REMEDYING a CONSTITUTIONAL defect in Texas law.

The less attention this bill gets -I THINK - the better.

Two outcomes on a "OC Rally". (1) Low to NO turn-out= a fizzle, or (2) Huge turn-out = lot's of media attention (OMG ! Everybody will be toting a gun on their hip ! )

Perhaps I'm mistaken on this one - but that's my take.

rodbender

This is my 2 cents on the rally idea - and probably worth about 1 &1/2 cents - but here goes anyway.

I THINK - the less hoop-hurrah the better on this one. HB2756 CAN BE percieved as a MINOR remedial legislative action intended to correct an unconstitutional provision of Chapter 46 - namely section 46.035 (a) failure to conceal by a CHL licensee.

On the other hand - HB2756 can be perceived as a "Katy bar the door" , "wild west", and OK corral revisited threat to peace and order.

We witnessed lot's of media mania, hype, and bias over the concealed campus carry bill.

HB 2756 HAS BEEN WELL THOUGHT OUT, and presented with the intention of REMEDYING a CONSTITUTIONAL defect in Texas law.

The less attention this bill gets -I THINK - the better.

Two outcomes on a "OC Rally". (1) Low to NO turn-out= a fizzle, or (2) Huge turn-out = lot's of media attention (OMG ! Everybody will be toting a gun on their hip ! )

Perhaps I'm mistaken on this one - but that's my take.

I think you hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head.

rushcreek2

Rodbender , thank you for validating my instincts. YOU SHOULD KNOW better than the rest of us - the challenge involved in organizing such an event.

"Feathers can be transported great distances by little or no wind." ( a tidbit of wisdom I will attribute to my Osage great grandmother)

Last edited:

KBCraig

Any news publicity about this bill will be bad publicity -- and with it, negative attention from the likes of Burnam.

When that happens, some of our pro-gun "allies" will happily throw us under the bus, then still blame us for any of their bills that don't pass.

rodbender

Any news publicity about this bill will be bad publicity -- and with it, negative attention from the likes of Burnam.

When that happens, some of our pro-gun "allies" will happily throw us under the bus, then still blame us for any of their bills that don't pass.

Anyone in particular in mind? SHHH

77zach

Piece of advice from Florida, where OC legislation has been put on life support.

Your "law enforcement" organizations will not support this. Any key House members or Senate members who are "conservative" (whatever that means these days) and are either retired law enforcement or are known to have a "law enforcement" fetish should maybe be approached now. Ask if they'll support the rights of the citizens and represent their constituents OR if they'll represent the sheriff association, police chief organizations, etc. Put them on the spot ahead of time.