• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistol Scare at Middletown City Hall

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
As an aside, why would a retired state trooper need a permit? He should be qualified under LEOSA.
In CT, a state pistol permit would allow him to both CC and OC (LEOSA only covers CC) and purchase handguns. A person also does not need to requalify to keep or renew a CT state pistol permit (LEOSA requires annual requalification). Of course, given the surroundings, a retired LEO in CT certainly has a great incentive to maintain a LEOSA qualification to carry in neighboring states.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
In CT, a state pistol permit would allow him to both CC and OC (LEOSA only covers CC) and purchase handguns. A person also does not need to requalify to keep or renew a CT state pistol permit (LEOSA requires annual requalification). Of course, given the surroundings, a retired LEO in CT certainly has a great incentive to maintain a LEOSA qualification to carry in neighboring states.

Thanks for reconnecting the dots. Momentarily forgot that LEOSA does not cover OC even though I have been talking about exactly that elsewhere. My bad.

Rich B

FOI request sent

http://withregardstorights.com/post/2011/06/25/FOIA-request-sent-for-Middetown-City-Hall-police-scare.aspx said:
I think it is in the best interest of the open carry community to know what happened in this incident with more detail than what is presented in this story:
Officers respond to pistol carrier with guns drawn in city hall.

Something very wrong happened here and the Middletown police need to have sunlight laid upon them and this incident.

FOI request

Response to be posted shortly.

Last edited:

Rich B

Response to FOI request received

http://withregardstorights.com/post/2011/06/28/Response-received-from-Middletown-FOI-request.aspx said:
I have recieved a response to my request for information regarding the incident of the person who had weapons drawn on him in the Middletown City Hall for being in possession of a firearm.

No actual information yet, but the response indicates they will be in contact.

FOI response

I like how they make up their own rules for FOI copy fees. No thanks, I will go by the state statutes.