Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh my god! A live "bullet" found in the street.

Oh my god! A live "bullet" found in the street.

lmao, and he called the police, wow.

It's a LIVE .22, LOOK OUT!

Note to self:

Gleaming bullets are to be safely stored in Silly Putty (TM). Make sure Putty is shaped like lady bits.

He asked anyone with any information about the bullet and how it came to be in Fossgate to phone the force on 0845 60 60 47.
    I want to call and tell them the gleaming bullet came to be in Fossgate by way of Jack the Ripper. Or by cab Gov'nor. Pip pip cheerio!

If only I could figure out what the **** 0845 60 60 47 was. Seriously. How that Island is not all spechen sie Deutsch and **** is beyond me. The wankers.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-24-2011 at 04:56 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

It is UK, +44.
    I.e. to call this number from US, you need to dial "011-44-845 60 60 47"
    (first leading zero is skipped when you adding country code)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    With a cheap box of .22 round I could keep my whole county busy for weeks. LOL.

Well if I was in England.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 02-24-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Better yet, lets rent a small plane, load it with cheapest .22 and just seed them over some towns in UK.
    Let's see how many years will it take for them to dispatch a whole unit for every bullet and write a news article about each.

OMG the guy is posing over the sight where he found the round, just like hunter would be posing over a prized deer. So glad I don't live in the UK
    Last edited by zack991; 02-24-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

I think something similar to this happened some years ago, with a .22LR cartridge found in a doorway. I recall reading that it was treated as a bomb threat.

Next time you go to the range with your 9mm save your brass.......then one night drive down a road maybe by a school for greater effect .slowly dump your saved brass so it's spread out for a block our two... some one will think there was a drive by & really go ape
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

When I am hiking in the "bush" I always have a can opener, some kind of firearm, along with my other "stuff." You never know what you might find that can save your life if something goes wrong. A can of food, a bullet is a good thing. .22 in the street, really!!

By the way, Omega Man is one bad a**s movie!
    Last edited by sst0185; 02-24-2011 at 09:43 PM.

What would they think if they knew I have several hundred of those in my ammo closet (along with other calibers, of course )
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    What would they think if they knew I have several hundred of those in my ammo closet (along with other calibers, of course )
    I've got over 5000 .22lr's at home. If I dropped one a day in the UK, I could keep the police and media busy for 13 years.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Silly, that such a mundane thing made it into the news (It's not the first and won't be the last obviously).

I've lost a cartridge that fell out of a magazine pouch while I was seated at a movie theatre. I only noticed once I got home and had to go back to the movie house to retrieve the cartridge (using the excuse of I left my mobile phone on my seat). I found the cartridge a few rows in front of the seat in which I was sitting. Stupid Kahr PM9...(just kidding, I love mine.) The first round of my spare magazine seems to work loose a lot in the act of sitting down repeatedly (I use a high noon leather spare magazine pouch). I guess this is due to the cartridge laying at such an extreme angle within the magazine as compared to other firearms. I may switch the mag holster to a kydex version (like I use for my Glocks) to fix the issue or just keep the spare mag in my pocket, which is harder to get to than the mag holster, unfortunately.
    Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

This could have led to senseless slaughter on the streets of wherever. How many died from this so far? Is the bullet in a safe place under guard? Thank goodness nothing like this could happen in Colorado...

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Omfg,rotfl,lmao!

I would have loved to see the police response to that!

It is probably a good thing it is now in safe and secure storage! They are acting like this is nuclear waste.

But before we laugh too hard, this is what some people in this country would like to see everyone react, look to the UK to see what this country is coming to if each of us do nothing to stop it.

Illinois is already getting close to how the UK is, I was bow hunting down there in a state park special deer season (big damn deer) and I found a 20Ga round on the ground, on my way out, I stopped at the ranger station to deposit my bag of guts (required by their rules) to get my hunting license back from them, and to tag the deer. the ranger saw the 20GA shell on my dashboard, I was held at gunpoint, state police showed up, I was handcuffed, investigated, truck searched, all because I had a 20Ga shell that I found in the woods. They were yelling that I was breaking the law for possessing ammunition without a FOID card . I tried to explain that I am not an IL resident, it didn't matter to them.

So, that type of idiot response to ammunition is already taking place in this country

This would never happen in this country, but I can understand how it could happen in the UK. That round was useless because the person who possessed it, wasn't allowed to have a gun to fire it from, so he tossed it.

Reminds me of a story where the box man at the Slots-a-Fun Craps table super glued a $5 Rivera Chip to the sidewalk. Since the craps table he was working is practically on the sidewalk at the entrance to the Slots-a-Fun, this provided him and the dealers hours of entertainment watching desperate gamblers at street folk attempting to nab the chip.

Did the guy who put it there set up a video camera to laugh his ass off endlessly at the shenanigans that ensued.

Let The TSA Find One in Your Airline Carry-On Bag!

I used the same bag for a carry-on bag on a round trip from Baltimore to Orlando, that I had previously used as a Range Gear bag.

The TSA workers were asleep in Baltimore, but not in Orlando, where they found a live 9mm round that had worked its way under a flap at the bottom of the bag.

Like they say...allow at least an hour and a half for security check in...it took about 45 minutes before it was cleared up. The FBI has to be notified, they have to run a security check, and then the rookie FBI Special Agent, who is assigned as TSA Liason, has to scold you like a five year old, before you can go on your way.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    The limies went from conquering and enslaving most of the 3rd world, a mess we're still cleaning up BTW, to these sniveling bed wetters? No wonder the muzbots are taking over, it's such an easy target. We should round up a few boyscout troops to conquer the islands first.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

For that kind of thing, just dial:

0118 999! 88199, 9119 725! [short pause] 3

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    Well, they may go high/right. I would go, "dang, let yourself get low, eh? Go shopping!"
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

McX
    someone has to say it; i guess finding a live one is better than finding a spent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    This could have led to senseless slaughter on the streets of wherever. How many died from this so far? Is the bullet in a safe place under guard? Thank goodness nothing like this could happen in Colorado...
    They should encase the "bullet" in some kind of impenetrable plastic, like they did with Gort the robot in the original "The Day the Earth Stood Still"!

...but what if the "bullet" has some kind of particle beam weapon and can melt its way out of the plastic???!!!

Tim Stark looks like he feels like such a hardass hero for finding it and calling the police, in that picture. I guess the UK's resident bullet-finder is their version of Iron Man?
    Last edited by Curtis; 02-26-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Someone call the police! I found a .22LR cartridge out on my property today, and its not mine! OMGNOES

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    Someone call the police! I found a .22LR cartridge out on my property today, and its not mine! OMGNOES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast