• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh my god! A live "bullet" found in the street.

HandyHamlet

Note to self:

Gleaming bullets are to be safely stored in Silly Putty (TM). Make sure Putty is shaped like lady bits.

He asked anyone with any information about the bullet and how it came to be in Fossgate to phone the force on 0845 60 60 47.
I want to call and tell them the gleaming bullet came to be in Fossgate by way of Jack the Ripper. Or by cab Gov'nor. Pip pip cheerio!

If only I could figure out what the **** 0845 60 60 47 was. Seriously. How that Island is not all spechen sie Deutsch and **** is beyond me. The wankers.

:banghead:

Last edited:

Axctal

It is UK, +44.
I.e. to call this number from US, you need to dial "011-44-845 60 60 47"
(first leading zero is skipped when you adding country code)

Axctal

Better yet, lets rent a small plane, load it with cheapest .22 and just seed them over some towns in UK.
Let's see how many years will it take for them to dispatch a whole unit for every bullet and write a news article about each.

zack991

OMG the guy is posing over the sight where he found the round, just like hunter would be posing over a prized deer. So glad I don't live in the UK

Last edited:

VW_Factor

I think something similar to this happened some years ago, with a .22LR cartridge found in a doorway. I recall reading that it was treated as a bomb threat.
:banghead:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Next time you go to the range with your 9mm save your brass.......then one night drive down a road maybe by a school for greater effect .slowly dump your saved brass so it's spread out for a block our two... some one will think there was a drive by & really go ape :)

sst0185

When I am hiking in the "bush" I always have a can opener, some kind of firearm, along with my other "stuff." You never know what you might find that can save your life if something goes wrong. A can of food, a bullet is a good thing. .22 in the street, really!!:dude:

By the way, Omega Man is one bad a**s movie!

Last edited:

mark-in-texas

What would they think if they knew I have several hundred of those in my ammo closet (along with other calibers, of course :banghead:)

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Silly, that such a mundane thing made it into the news (It's not the first and won't be the last obviously).

I've lost a cartridge that fell out of a magazine pouch while I was seated at a movie theatre. I only noticed once I got home and had to go back to the movie house to retrieve the cartridge (using the excuse of I left my mobile phone on my seat). I found the cartridge a few rows in front of the seat in which I was sitting. Stupid Kahr PM9...(just kidding, I love mine.) The first round of my spare magazine seems to work loose a lot in the act of sitting down repeatedly (I use a high noon leather spare magazine pouch). I guess this is due to the cartridge laying at such an extreme angle within the magazine as compared to other firearms. I may switch the mag holster to a kydex version (like I use for my Glocks) to fix the issue or just keep the spare mag in my pocket, which is harder to get to than the mag holster, unfortunately.

Gunslinger

This could have led to senseless slaughter on the streets of wherever. How many died from this so far? Is the bullet in a safe place under guard? Thank goodness nothing like this could happen in Colorado...

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Omfg,rotfl,lmao!

I would have loved to see the police response to that!

It is probably a good thing it is now in safe and secure storage! They are acting like this is nuclear waste.

But before we laugh too hard, this is what some people in this country would like to see everyone react, look to the UK to see what this country is coming to if each of us do nothing to stop it.

Illinois is already getting close to how the UK is, I was bow hunting down there in a state park special deer season (big damn deer) and I found a 20Ga round on the ground, on my way out, I stopped at the ranger station to deposit my bag of guts (required by their rules) to get my hunting license back from them, and to tag the deer. the ranger saw the 20GA shell on my dashboard, I was held at gunpoint, state police showed up, I was handcuffed, investigated, truck searched, all because I had a 20Ga shell that I found in the woods. They were yelling that I was breaking the law for possessing ammunition without a FOID card . I tried to explain that I am not an IL resident, it didn't matter to them.

So, that type of idiot response to ammunition is already taking place in this country

Nevada carrier

This would never happen in this country, but I can understand how it could happen in the UK. That round was useless because the person who possessed it, wasn't allowed to have a gun to fire it from, so he tossed it.

Reminds me of a story where the box man at the Slots-a-Fun Craps table super glued a $5 Rivera Chip to the sidewalk. Since the craps table he was working is practically on the sidewalk at the entrance to the Slots-a-Fun, this provided him and the dealers hours of entertainment watching desperate gamblers at street folk attempting to nab the chip.

Did the guy who put it there set up a video camera to laugh his ass off endlessly at the shenanigans that ensued.

Don Barnett

Let The TSA Find One in Your Airline Carry-On Bag!

I used the same bag for a carry-on bag on a round trip from Baltimore to Orlando, that I had previously used as a Range Gear bag.

The TSA workers were asleep in Baltimore, but not in Orlando, where they found a live 9mm round that had worked its way under a flap at the bottom of the bag.

Like they say...allow at least an hour and a half for security check in...it took about 45 minutes before it was cleared up. The FBI has to be notified, they have to run a security check, and then the rookie FBI Special Agent, who is assigned as TSA Liason, has to scold you like a five year old, before you can go on your way.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
The limies went from conquering and enslaving most of the 3rd world, a mess we're still cleaning up BTW, to these sniveling bed wetters? No wonder the muzbots are taking over, it's such an easy target. We should round up a few boyscout troops to conquer the islands first.