• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh my god! A live "bullet" found in the street.

M

McX

someone has to say it; i guess finding a live one is better than finding a spent one.

Deanimator

This could have led to senseless slaughter on the streets of wherever. How many died from this so far? Is the bullet in a safe place under guard? Thank goodness nothing like this could happen in Colorado...
They should encase the "bullet" in some kind of impenetrable plastic, like they did with Gort the robot in the original "The Day the Earth Stood Still"!

...but what if the "bullet" has some kind of particle beam weapon and can melt its way out of the plastic???!!! :eek:

curtiswr

Tim Stark looks like he feels like such a hardass hero for finding it and calling the police, in that picture. I guess the UK's resident bullet-finder is their version of Iron Man?

Last edited:

curtiswr

Someone call the police! I found a .22LR cartridge out on my property today, and its not mine! OMGNOES

15ioie.gif

MKEgal

Is that what's called "getting your knickers in a twist"?
Or "much ado about nothing"?
What ninnies. Pantywaists.
How far the British Empire has fallen... from world domination to, well, ninnies & pantywaists.

I had to laugh at this comment under the article:
if I had any live ammunition in my drawers I would jolly well ask the police to dispose of it!
And the final comment, before they were closed:
Is this really newsworthy?

Last edited:

Contrarian

live round found

Read the comments - some of the responders get it; no big deal.

One person said something about live rounds in her drawers...jolly good laugh.

WhatTimeIsIt?

We supposedly carry guns because we are in constant fear, yet they get so scared by a single .22 round they call the cops and it makes the news. Wow.

~*'Phoenix'*~

This is hilarious... what would they think of my Apt???
Mosin Nagant in the closet
9mm Beretta, .22 Lorcin (FULL OF .22's!), .38 S&W on a shelf at the end of the bed (with a longbow and recurve hanging above them) and
~200 .22's (!!!)
~200 9mm's
~100 .38sp's

And a metal milsulp ammo tin full of another ... 500+ .22's (!!!)!
... and 200+ .38sp's
... and 100+ 7.62X54R's

Yeah, wow, their news would be astir for years :D

~*'Phoenix'*~

If I saw it, I would've though "Cool, free bullet!:)" and stuck it in my pocket for the range next week...

Huck

It's hard to believe that that is the same nation who built a woldwide empire, ruled the seas for over 300 years, and stood alone against Nazi Germany in 1940-41. They've turned into the biggest pack of sissies in Europe. Hell, I have more respect for the French these days than I do for the Limeys!

~*'Phoenix'*~

One of the commmentors:
"EltonTrowler, Wetwang says...
6:40pm Fri 21 Jan 11

Well done that man from the music shop! Where else would one responsibly dispose of a 'live round'?? The bin? I think the right action was taken, if I had any live ammunition in my drawers I would jolly well ask the police to dispose of it!"

Well, first I'd grab one if my .22's, bring it along to the range, and pop! Properly disposed of :D

Jack House

I've found rifle rounds outside of convenience stores in Austin. Should I call the SWAT team? :rolleyes:

Last edited: