Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunshot 'GPS' could help in neighborhoods

Gunshot 'GPS' could help in neighborhoods

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/116785178.html

This seems like a pretty neat technology. However, perhaps they should patrol more in those areas where violence in high? Oh wait, police can't be everywhere. Maybe honest citizens should be armed where and when they please? And besides, this system is not going to help with stabbing or beatings. In fact, most rapes are done with no inanimate objects. It seems Milwaukee thinks only "gun violence" is the only type of violence out there.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Smile

My neighbors don't need GPS to know where gun shots come from in my neighborhood!!

While the concept is interesting I don't think that all of Milwaukee should have to pay for a system just in the ghettos. What the police should try to do is arrest and hold violent offenders, not wait for them to go out shooting before they come to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    While the concept is interesting I don't think that all of Milwaukee should have to pay for a system just in the ghettos. What the police should try to do is arrest and hold violent offenders, not wait for them to go out shooting before they come to get them.
    Or keep them in prison instead of releasing them? Or better yet, reinstate capital punishment for WI. Then the violent criminals will be kept off the street!

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    So the response time is fast enough to intercept the projectile before hitting it's target? If not, why waste the time and money? Instead, why not empower the people to be able to defend themselves and take the criminal elopement off the streets and keep them locked up?

$500,000 for a military tool designed for locating snipers? If you got snipers pinning down patrols; you got more problems than just their location...other than that, how 'bout ya just roll the window down; and listen...daah!!!
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

I am against ANY Tax payer funded "Big Brother" Technology that is used against the American People, that goes with Camera's all over the place.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Milwaukee just kicked out how many hundreds of thousands of dollars
    for a radio system that dont work.

If they wanna know where the gunshots are comin from
    extrapalate the data from the dead guy.

Here's a hint...if its inside my door way they wont have far to look.

Let us do our job protecting our selves,and we wont need this B.S.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lurchiron View Post
    how 'bout ya just roll the window down; and listen...daah!!!
    No ****. That's what I was thinking.

According to Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn, in some places people don't even bother calling 911 after hearing a gunshot.
    The dipsh*t knows where "some places" are. So that's where his Troops are located as well. Right?

(ah-ha, censor program didn't see that one coming now did it!)
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-24-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Leave it Milwaukee to find yet another new way to waste colossal sums of cash on crap that won't solve the problem.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Agreed.
    So far nothing has solved the problem.
    Of Flynn and his wandering trouser snake.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Angry Let's just walk around that elephant in the room....

What a great idea; for a half million dollars, the police will now know exactly where to go to tag 'em, bag 'em, and fill out a report. Maybe this is an initiative to save gas in the cruisers.

Did they ever think that maybe the reason residents don't call in gun shots any more is because nothing timely or useful is ever done about it. Let's just walk around that elephant in the room....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Agreed.
    So far nothing has solved the problem.
    Of Flynn and his wandering trouser snake.
    He should go away, no arguing that. Sad thing is that they will hire another just like him. As long as there is a Lib in the mayor's office nothing will change.

Another thing that does not help is aldermen screaming bloody murder when police try to clean out the hood.
    Last edited by oak1971; 02-24-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    What a great idea; for a half million dollars, the police will now know exactly where to go to tag 'em, bag 'em, and fill out a report. Maybe this is an initiative to save gas in the cruisers.

Did they ever think that maybe the reason residents don't call in gun shots any more is because nothing timely or useful is ever done about it. Let's just walk around that elephant in the room....
    They don't call it in because they hate the police more than the gang bangers.

Same diff.

Only the cops name theirs on after a comic book character called the Punisher.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Leave it Milwaukee to find yet another new way to waste colossal sums of cash on crap that won't solve the problem.
    But, you don't understand. This is Federal money, it's not like it comes from the taxpayers.....

ok maybe i am wrong here but seems to me this requires microphones and said microphones could (not saying they will but just could) be used for "spying" on people. Again i am not even implying the police would be the ones doing this but anything can be hacked and miss used..... just saying

Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Doesn't Janesville have a similar system in place already? HAs that system ever been of any use?

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    But, you don't understand. This is Federal money, it's not like it comes from the taxpayers.....
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Beloit installed it about 2 years ago. 219,000 dollars to cover one square mile. The above article is a good one.
    The current ShotSpotter system cost $219,000, of which $50,000 came from the CIP Budget and $163,000 from federal earmarks, according to Jacobs.

Jacobs said, however, it is important to keep expenses in perspective.

For example, he said it costs $100,000 a year to house the department’s prisoners
    Say what? That's twice the average income!

Also I'm supposed to believe they had 326 guns going off in one square mile???

BULLSH*T.

Where is all that led raining down? Unless of course they are talking Beloit, Afghanistan.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-24-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Milwaukee PD talk about it on their page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/milwaukeepo...56615214392040

McX
    i have little respect, and give little credence to the crowings of the chief of police who has promiced to put law abiding citizens on the ground, ie; prone them out, who are exercising their Constitutional rights. they are no better than chief knobby in my book.

added on edit; my computer is crap, and i put this in the wrong thread, but it still applies, now i gotta go past it over to the milwaukee thread.

there, that's better.

Old anaconda in the pants Flynn claims 101 gunshots in 30 day in just one part if the city.

Seriously. How is that even possible? Where are all these bullets going? Where is the property damage? The collateral damage? Why aren't bullets tearing through houses killing sleeping children? That's always what happens when gang bangers try to take out people in Chicago. Someone else always gets hit like three blocks away. So where is the carnage?

If this bullsh*t was even remotely true the streets would be slippery with the blood of innocent bystanders.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Old anaconda in the pants Flynn claims 101 gunshots in 30 day in just one part if the city.

Seriously. How is that even possible? Where are all these bullets going? Where is the property damage? The collateral damage? Why aren't bullets tearing through houses killing sleeping children? That's always what happens when gang bangers try to take out people in Chicago. Someone else always gets hit like three blocks away. So where is the carnage?

If this bullsh*t was even remotely true the streets would be slippery with the blood of innocent bystanders.
    I think someone for got to tell him he cant count the shot at the local shooting range in his figures

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast