Thread: Community American Credit Union KC

Community American Credit Union KC

This is an odd mix. The location on 64th street says "No firearms", but isn't compliant with the law for no CC. The location on N Oak has a compliant no weapons (including CC) warning. It's surprising they don't have consistent signage, but I'm guessing they intend to forbid all carrying.

The sign on 64th street actually said something like "No firearms (do we really have to mention that one)" I guess they assume anyone carrying firearms intends to do them harm.

Personally, I'd rather it say. We welcome legal Concealed and Open Carry. Good luck criminals!

if im not mistaken, as long as its not a federal bank, you can CC despite the signs.

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar

well.....

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    if I'm not mistaken, as long as its not a federal bank, you can CC despite the signs.
    Can you: Yes, the worst they can do is call the cops and if you leave peaceably when asked than nothing legally can be charged to you.

Should you: HELL NO.

Do not reward businesses that do not support your rights.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    if im not mistaken, as long as its not a federal bank, you can CC despite the signs.
    As far as I can tell, banks have no relationship to CC in Missouri. And there is no relationship to OC anywhere (although prudence says you probably shouldn't where CC is expressly prohibited.) So, it's treated like any other business. Which means if they catch you, they have to ask you to leave first. Then, they can call in the LEO, which means trespass, plus extra fees (sliding scale), plus review of your CCW.

But, something tells me they'd probably close your account too, and that's much more annoying. Now I've got to make a choice...

The two different banks I do business with are both "carry friendly" in so much as neither of them have any signs posted. That said, I've never attempted to OC in either location. They may take exception to OC.