Thread: constitutional carry petition form

Smile constitutional carry petition form

i saw this in a online news article just now!i will sign!CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT PETITION FORM
    Note: • All information on this form, including your signature, becomes a public record upon receipt by the Supervisor of Elections. • Under Florida law, it is a first degree
    misdemeanor, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083, Florida Statutes, to knowingly sign more than one petition for a candidate, a minor political party, or an
    issue. [Section 104.185, Florida Statutes] • If all requested information on this form is not completed, the form will not be valid.
    _______/_________/_________ X_________________________________________________ ____
    DATE OF SIGNATURE SIGNATURE OF REGISTERED VOTER
    PLEASE RETURN TO: FLORIDA BALLOT INITIATIVE P.O. BOX 7256 JUPITER, FLORIDA 33468
    Pd. Pol. Adv. paid for by the Florida Ballot Initiative, Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 7256, Jupiter, Florida 33468 For Official Use Only:
    Paid Petition Circulator’s Name: ___________________________________________ Serial Number: 10-04
    Paid Petition Circulator’s Address: _________________________________________ Date Approved: 12/1/10
    Your name: __________________________________________________ __________
    PLEASE PRINT NAME AS IT APPEARS ON VOTER INFORMATION CARD.
    Your residential street address:__________________________________________ __
    City ______________________ Zip __________ County ________________________
    PLEASE DO NOT ABBREVIATE CITY OR COUNTY. COUNTY OF RESIDENCE
    _______________________________ _________/_________/________
    VOTER REGISTRATION NUMBER – OR – DATE OF BIRTH
    I am a registered voter of Florida and hereby petition the Secretary of State to place the following proposed
    amendment to the Florida Constitution on the ballot in the general election.
    CODING: Words stricken are deletions; words underlined are additions.
    ARTICLE AND SECTION BEING CREATED OR AMENDED:
    ARTICLE I – DECLARATION OF RIGHTS, SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.
    Full text of proposed amendment: BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF FLORIDA THAT THE
    FLORIDA CONSTITUTION IS HEREBY AMENDED TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONS,
    DELETIONS, AND CHANGES:
    ARTICLE I – DECLARATION OF RIGHTS, SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.
    (a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state
    shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law. The unalienable right of
    the individual and of the people to keep and bear arms for self defense, hunting, and in defense of the state cannot
    be regulated away or infringed upon; no permit shall be required for any manner of bearing arms in Florida, only
    the open carry of handguns may be regulated by law. Permits may be issued by request to facilitate travel in
    reciprocal states and as an exemption to waiting periods as already provided for herein. This amendment is self
    implementing and shall become effective immediately upon approval by the electors of Florida. This amendment’s
    provisions are severable and if any are held unconstitutional by any court of competent jurisdiction, the decision of
    such court shall not affect or impair the remaining provisions of this amendment.
    BALLOT TITLE: Unalienable Individual Right to Bear Arms; No Permit Required For Any Manner of Bearing Arms.
    BALLOT SUMMARY: The unalienable right of the individual and of the people to keep and bear arms for self defense,
    hunting, and in defense of the state cannot be regulated away or infringed upon; no permit shall be required for any
    manner of bearing arms in Florida, only the open carry of handguns may be regulated by law. Permits may be issued by
    request to facilitate travel in reciprocal states and as an exemption to waiting periods.

Kind of contradictory...

No Permit Required For Any Manner of Bearing Arms.

only the open carry of handguns may be regulated by law.

I would not sign such a petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    Kind of contradictory...

No Permit Required For Any Manner of Bearing Arms.

only the open carry of handguns may be regulated by law.

I would not sign such a petition.
    i`am sure the regulation regarding open carry would include such places as police stations.courtrooms,etc.!i`am sure that once the required votes were achieved;some parts would be amended to be more clearly stated!

Quote Originally Posted by bobthegunslinger View Post
    i`am sure the regulation regarding open carry would include such places as police stations.courtrooms,etc.!i`am sure that once the required votes were achieved;some parts would be amended to be more clearly stated!
    Why are police stations and courtrooms special places that OC should be restricted but not CC?

But as we have seen when the government has power to control, they will.

...when the government has power to control, they will.
    Which is why a Green Florida will never be a Gold Florida. Even Green is a slim-to-none proposition. I'm behind any improvement, but I believe this is a mis-step for promoting OC in FL.

Once controlled, it will never be un-controlled.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Which is why a Green Florida will never be a Gold Florida. Even Green is a slim-to-none proposition. I'm behind any improvement, but I believe this is a mis-step for promoting OC in FL.

Once controlled, it will never be un-controlled.

We'll see. If SB 234 passes, I don't think we'll have to wait 27 years for permitless carry in Fl.

My uncharacteristically sanguine prediction is that:

1. SB 234 passes.
    2. More and more states, starting in all of the gold star states, will pass constitutional carry
    3. More red states will become green.
    4. The number of "prohibited places" will dwindle in many states.
    4. Fl gets constitutional carry.

For #2, Mt and WY are next in line.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    For #2, Mt and WY are next in line.
    I believe WY is dead for this year. CO though has a chance, as does UT.

I believe WY is dead for this year. CO though has a chance, as does UT.
    Hi kingfish,

It looks like it's dead in Utah, but very much alive in Wyoming (at least as of last night). In fact it seems passage is assured from what I read on an online local news site. It also looks decent in South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Hi kingfish,

It looks like it's dead in Utah, but very much alive in Wyoming (at least as of last night). In fact it seems passage is assured from what I read on an online local news site. It also looks decent in South Carolina.
    Right, I had UT and WY backwards.