• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

constitutional carry petition form

bobthegunslinger

i saw this in a online news article just now!i will sign!CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT PETITION FORM
Note: • All information on this form, including your signature, becomes a public record upon receipt by the Supervisor of Elections. • Under Florida law, it is a first degree
misdemeanor, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083, Florida Statutes, to knowingly sign more than one petition for a candidate, a minor political party, or an
issue. [Section 104.185, Florida Statutes] • If all requested information on this form is not completed, the form will not be valid.
_______/_________/_________ X_____________________________________________________
DATE OF SIGNATURE SIGNATURE OF REGISTERED VOTER
PLEASE RETURN TO: FLORIDA BALLOT INITIATIVE P.O. BOX 7256 JUPITER, FLORIDA 33468
Pd. Pol. Adv. paid for by the Florida Ballot Initiative, Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 7256, Jupiter, Florida 33468 For Official Use Only:
Paid Petition Circulator’s Name: ___________________________________________ Serial Number: 10-04
Paid Petition Circulator’s Address: _________________________________________ Date Approved: 12/1/10
Your name: ____________________________________________________________
PLEASE PRINT NAME AS IT APPEARS ON VOTER INFORMATION CARD.
Your residential street address:____________________________________________
City ______________________ Zip __________ County ________________________
PLEASE DO NOT ABBREVIATE CITY OR COUNTY. COUNTY OF RESIDENCE
_______________________________ _________/_________/________
VOTER REGISTRATION NUMBER – OR – DATE OF BIRTH
I am a registered voter of Florida and hereby petition the Secretary of State to place the following proposed
amendment to the Florida Constitution on the ballot in the general election.
CODING: Words stricken are deletions; words underlined are additions.
ARTICLE AND SECTION BEING CREATED OR AMENDED:
ARTICLE I – DECLARATION OF RIGHTS, SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.
Full text of proposed amendment: BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF FLORIDA THAT THE
FLORIDA CONSTITUTION IS HEREBY AMENDED TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONS,
DELETIONS, AND CHANGES:
ARTICLE I – DECLARATION OF RIGHTS, SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.
(a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state
shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law. The unalienable right of
the individual and of the people to keep and bear arms for self defense, hunting, and in defense of the state cannot
be regulated away or infringed upon; no permit shall be required for any manner of bearing arms in Florida, only
the open carry of handguns may be regulated by law. Permits may be issued by request to facilitate travel in
reciprocal states and as an exemption to waiting periods as already provided for herein. This amendment is self
implementing and shall become effective immediately upon approval by the electors of Florida. This amendment’s
provisions are severable and if any are held unconstitutional by any court of competent jurisdiction, the decision of
such court shall not affect or impair the remaining provisions of this amendment.
BALLOT TITLE: Unalienable Individual Right to Bear Arms; No Permit Required For Any Manner of Bearing Arms.
BALLOT SUMMARY: The unalienable right of the individual and of the people to keep and bear arms for self defense,
hunting, and in defense of the state cannot be regulated away or infringed upon; no permit shall be required for any
manner of bearing arms in Florida, only the open carry of handguns may be regulated by law. Permits may be issued by
request to facilitate travel in reciprocal states and as an exemption to waiting periods.

Kingfish

Kind of contradictory...

No Permit Required For Any Manner of Bearing Arms.

only the open carry of handguns may be regulated by law.

I would not sign such a petition.

bobthegunslinger

Kind of contradictory...

No Permit Required For Any Manner of Bearing Arms.

only the open carry of handguns may be regulated by law.

I would not sign such a petition.
i`am sure the regulation regarding open carry would include such places as police stations.courtrooms,etc.!i`am sure that once the required votes were achieved;some parts would be amended to be more clearly stated!

Kingfish

i`am sure the regulation regarding open carry would include such places as police stations.courtrooms,etc.!i`am sure that once the required votes were achieved;some parts would be amended to be more clearly stated!
Why are police stations and courtrooms special places that OC should be restricted but not CC?

But as we have seen when the government has power to control, they will.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
...when the government has power to control, they will.

Which is why a Green Florida will never be a Gold Florida. Even Green is a slim-to-none proposition. I'm behind any improvement, but I believe this is a mis-step for promoting OC in FL.

Once controlled, it will never be un-controlled.

77zach

Which is why a Green Florida will never be a Gold Florida. Even Green is a slim-to-none proposition. I'm behind any improvement, but I believe this is a mis-step for promoting OC in FL.

Once controlled, it will never be un-controlled.

We'll see. If SB 234 passes, I don't think we'll have to wait 27 years for permitless carry in Fl.

My uncharacteristically sanguine prediction is that:

1. SB 234 passes.
2. More and more states, starting in all of the gold star states, will pass constitutional carry
3. More red states will become green.
4. The number of "prohibited places" will dwindle in many states.
4. Fl gets constitutional carry.

For #2, Mt and WY are next in line.

77zach

I believe WY is dead for this year. CO though has a chance, as does UT.

Hi kingfish,

It looks like it's dead in Utah, but very much alive in Wyoming (at least as of last night). In fact it seems passage is assured from what I read on an online local news site. It also looks decent in South Carolina.

Kingfish

Hi kingfish,

It looks like it's dead in Utah, but very much alive in Wyoming (at least as of last night). In fact it seems passage is assured from what I read on an online local news site. It also looks decent in South Carolina.
Right, I had UT and WY backwards.