• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charles Cotton not our best friend.

protect our rights

Well it seems it is harder to get banned then previously mentioned.

TexasCHLforum.com
"Well, seeings how I sit in a very friendly OC state, I have no obligation to Texans or their rights. As a friend of mine put it (on a site that is hated by moderators here (OCDO)) The best way to protect rights is to protect the rights of others. I never siad the politician had to be OC friendly, just 2nd amendment friendly. Legal battles are being fought all over the country right now that are in favor of gun owners. Now is the time to press on our legislators and let them know that what they have been doing is great but it is not enough. We can't afford to wait until Obama and his czars mess with the system. OC time and time again has proven to be a deter to criminal activity. Look at statistics on how percentage wise how many CCers have to pull and fire on a criminal compared to OCers. It's just sad today that people go around preaching that they are pro-2nd amendment but then in the same sentence say that OC is wrong. That I find very amusing and heretical."

Still a member.

Last edited:

Jack House

Yes, this is how you will gain support for OC, by trolling other gun rights groups that do not support OC, good job.

protect our rights

Yes, this is how you will gain support for OC, by trolling other gun rights groups that do not support OC, good job.

I bet you only speak with pro_OC individuals huh? Yeah you do a lot to move our rights along :rolleyes: Only going where it is easy. Sometimes you have to talk to the people who are kinda against your cause, I might have made someone over there question OC or someone that had never even really though of it. Funny how the weak turn on people that are for the same cause, "good job"

Last edited:

Jack House

Nothing irks me more than a circle jerk. But there is a difference between debating and trouble making.

OldCurlyWolf

I didn't get banned they just locked the thread. So I posted another thread, saying how wonderful it was that the creator of the forum is a constitutionalist imposter. They said my views were radical. So I guess now-a-days believing in the constitution is extreme...:confused:

You went to pick a fight. You got slapped on the wrist. Grow up.

Cotton is not anti OC, he has other priorities and he concentrates on them. He and I, I do support OC, do get irritated at those who provoke confrontations and those who pick stupid fights. All that happens then is it slows things down that are going our way for the first time in a lot of years. For the first time since I became aware of the attrition of our rights, over 30 years ago, we are not just fighting a holding action but have turned the tide. Don't screw it up by picking fights that just make you look stupid.

exactly, stop trouble making. You prolly think when women were gaining the right to vote that they are "trouble making" I will not trade strikes with someone so ignorant.

Funny, the ignorant claiming that others are the ignorant ones. Very Liberal in tactics, I.E., libs always claiming others are intolerant when that is the lib's failing.

I think we have a troll we are dealing with.

Last edited:

KBCraig

I do agree with that: there's no reason to try to pick a fight with the CHL folks on areas where we know we disagree.

However, it's always fair to try to engage others for discuss, and try to persuade them to our point of view.

Cotton is not anti OC, he has other priorities and he concentrates on them. He and I, I do support OC, do get irritated at those who provoke confrontations and those who pick stupid fights.
Cotton is anti anything he didn't write and schmooze around outside of the legislative session.

Despite his one weak link on TFC to the Florida bill, he's never made any overt effort to support OC, despite his claims to support it.

protect our rights

Cotton is not anti OC, he has other priorities and he concentrates on them. He and I, I do support OC, do get irritated at those who provoke confrontations and those who pick stupid fights. All that happens then is it slows things down that are going our way for the first time in a lot of years. For the first time since I became aware of the attrition of our rights, over 30 years ago, we are not just fighting a holding action but have turned the tide. Don't screw it up by picking fights that just make you look stupid.

Funny, the ignorant claiming that others are the ignorant ones. Very Liberal in tactics, I.E., libs always claiming others are intolerant when that is the lib's failing.

I think we have a troll we are dealing with.

I do agree with that: there's no reason to try to pick a fight with the CHL folks on areas where we know we disagree.

However, it's always fair to try to engage others for discuss, and try to persuade them to our point of view.

Cotton is anti anything he didn't write and schmooze around outside of the legislative session.

Despite his one weak link on TFC to the Florida bill, he's never made any overt effort to support OC, despite his claims to support it.

Haha picking fights? I was simply stating my opinion on OC in a thread that was ABOUT OC in that forum. You two are the ones that need to grow up. Half the people spend so much time bashing other members on this forum that I would not trust either of you with watching my dog. There was something posted about Cotton being against OC and you would be banned for speaking about how you felt. So now you are calling me out because I did my own investigating on the matter. There are certain people on this forum that try to be internet bullies and all they look like are a bunch of hormonal teenage idiots.

KBCraig

Haha picking fights? I was simply stating my opinion on OC in a thread that was ABOUT OC in that forum. You two are the ones that need to grow up. Half the people spend so much time bashing other members on this forum that I would not trust either of you with watching my dog. There was something posted about Cotton being against OC and you would be banned for speaking about how you felt. So now you are calling me out because I did my own investigating on the matter. There are certain people on this forum that try to be internet bullies and all they look like are a bunch of hormonal teenage idiots.
So, you went to Cotton's forum trying to get banned, posted twice, didn't get banned (yet), and you declare victory?

For the record, I'm a long-time poster there, I've been banned two or three or four times (I've lost track), and I have thousands of posts there engaging in serious dialog. I've never sought to be banned, although there was a time or two when I knew it was inevitable when I vented my true opinion. And one time when I was totally surprised, for using a fairly common phrase, which Cotton chose to misconstrue by using the original foreign-language definition, instead of its common modern English meaning; this was, once again, in a disagreement about OC and OCDO and legislative efforts in Texas that weren't under Cotton's direct control.

So, please don't assume you can trump my experience on that forum.

protect our rights

So, you went to Cotton's forum trying to get banned, posted twice, didn't get banned (yet), and you declare victory?

For the record, I'm a long-time poster there, I've been banned two or three or four times (I've lost track), and I have thousands of posts there engaging in serious dialog. I've never sought to be banned, although there was a time or two when I knew it was inevitable when I vented my true opinion. And one time when I was totally surprised, for using a fairly common phrase, which Cotton chose to misconstrue by using the original foreign-language definition, instead of its common modern English meaning; this was, once again, in a disagreement about OC and OCDO and legislative efforts in Texas that weren't under Cotton's direct control.

So, please don't assume you can trump my experience on that forum.

Not worth replying to.

Next subject.

MamabearCali

I am new here...but I post on that forum fairly often. I find most of the posters pretty decent people. I support CC, I support OC. Really I think unless you have been convicted of a violent felony you should be able to carry any way you darn well please. Keep in mind that we are shaped by the culture we live in. In TX OC has been illegal for a very long time. It will take those on that board longer to come around to true freedom than those on a forum in say VA, an OC state. They also fear losing the hard won rights they already have. They fear a public backlash. Should they...I don't know....with what happened to OC in CA perhaps their fear is valid. What I do know is that 2nd amendment supporters should stick together we should strive to not beat each other up.

Gil223

Why do so many OC'ers feel the need...

to draw lines of distinction, and make CC'ers out to be an enemy of some kind? I don't know a single CFP holder who does not support my right to choose my own method of carry. I've been back in Utah for 18 months, and - other than at Impact Guns - I have only seen one other person OC'ing in that 18 months. OTOH, I have seen nobody CC'ing (which is the whole idea behind CC);).

States that have CCPs, but prohibit OC simply want the additional revenues they can generate by licensing. Is it right to charge for such a license? Not according to the U.S. Constitution (and in my case, the State Constitution as well) - the act of licensing/permit is itself an infringement upon a right! But, they all do it! Granted, OC is a bolder statement - and a bolder practical application - of our Second Amendment in action. Quite a few folks here seem to spend way too much time whining about the CC'ers - and primarily because some of them have expressed an opinion that OC'ers are, in essence, "posers trying to impress or intimidate other people", etc. I have seen some excellent arguments here, that should be used in a cordial manner to educate the general public - not just the CC'er - when confronted by such an attitude. "Because the Constitution gives me that right" really isn't very helpful or educational, even though it is an absolute fact. When confronted with that type of attitude, talk to them as if they were someone you could convert to accepting your (OUR) reasons for OC - as you would talk with a friend - and you just might score a convert:cool:. Try not to talk down to them, and don't be terse with your answers, or the odds become excellent that they will walk away thinking, "What an a******! It's just that kind of attitude that proves my point!"

The manner of carry should be a non-issue. OC'ers and CFP holders have a common interest - increased acceptance by John Q. Public that our activities are legal, and that we are not a threat to them. The point has been frequently made in these forums that, if we are anything, we are a potential crime deterrent... and we are free. We have the ability to defend ourselves - and others - should the need arise. The rift between OC and CC seems to be based upon lack of understanding on the part of the CFP holders. Help them to learn! Pax...

Last edited: