Thread: Good range within 10 miles of Waterford

Good range within 10 miles of Waterford

I am not very familiar with the ranges around this area and the wife asked me to take her to a range this weekend to shoot. Can anyone recommend a good range around this area? Thanks in advance.

The Bass Pro on I 75 has a nice indoor range,
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

You could try target sports on orchard lake Just south of keego.

Its not within ten miles but the PIT rules!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    Its not within ten miles but the PIT rules!
    The Pit is worth 100 miles of driving, each way. No ifs ands or buts. Rain, wind, snow or shine.

That said, closer, on the way to the pit even, is Bald Mountain State Park. I believe you have to pay to shoot there, and since state employees actually work there they may have a whole bunch of stupid rules, as do most Michigan ranges. Also if I remember right it's all outdoors, so weather could be an issue. But it is another fairly local option.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

I may be wrong but did not walled lake state park have a gun range too?

I may be mistaken
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

A litttle late for you, but the DNR web site has a link http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/f...l.asp?State=MI type in your info and how far your willing to travel, it will list most ranges in that area, the only problem I see with it, it doesnt make a distinction between public and private, you have to go thru the list yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    The Pit is worth 100 miles of driving, each way. No ifs ands or buts. Rain, wind, snow or shine.

That said, closer, on the way to the pit even, is Bald Mountain State Park. I believe you have to pay to shoot there, and since state employees actually work there they may have a whole bunch of stupid rules, as do most Michigan ranges. Also if I remember right it's all outdoors, so weather could be an issue. But it is another fairly local option.
    Last year, the range guys were very cool. No issue with OC, still have the 6 rounds loaded stupid rule. They had an AK-74 they were shooting, they let me shoot it as well.