• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good range within 10 miles of Waterford

Banger

I am not very familiar with the ranges around this area and the wife asked me to take her to a range this weekend to shoot. Can anyone recommend a good range around this area? Thanks in advance.

Michigander

Its not within ten miles but the PIT rules!

The Pit is worth 100 miles of driving, each way. No ifs ands or buts. Rain, wind, snow or shine.

That said, closer, on the way to the pit even, is Bald Mountain State Park. I believe you have to pay to shoot there, and since state employees actually work there they may have a whole bunch of stupid rules, as do most Michigan ranges. Also if I remember right it's all outdoors, so weather could be an issue. But it is another fairly local option.

PDinDetroit

The Pit is worth 100 miles of driving, each way. No ifs ands or buts. Rain, wind, snow or shine.

That said, closer, on the way to the pit even, is Bald Mountain State Park. I believe you have to pay to shoot there, and since state employees actually work there they may have a whole bunch of stupid rules, as do most Michigan ranges. Also if I remember right it's all outdoors, so weather could be an issue. But it is another fairly local option.

Last year, the range guys were very cool. No issue with OC, still have the 6 rounds loaded stupid rule. They had an AK-74 they were shooting, they let me shoot it as well.