• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MI constitutional carry petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I dunno, but I believe that's the group started by a former MOC member, who got dissatisfied with something, left and started his own group. I can't say how sincere they are. I don't know them. I don't know the total circumstances behind the split. I don't even know if I have the story right or not. I'm sure though, someone will come along and correct me, if I'm wrong. ;)

But I have a slight problem with signing a petition on a website that says among other things, the following:
Sign up now, to join the largest online community of people making a difference in healthy and green living, human rights and animal welfare
First, I don't believe in global warming, and it seems to me, they do.
Second, although they didn't say "animal rights", I'm seriously suspicious they might be in league with the Humane Society of the United States, or even worse, PETA. Until I know for sure, I'm not touching that petition.

But that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :D

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I dunno, but I believe that's the group started by a former MOC member, who got dissatisfied with something, left and started his own group. I can't say how sincere they are. I don't know them. I don't know the total circumstances behind the split. I don't even know if I have the story right or not. I'm sure though, someone will come along and correct me, if I'm wrong. ;)

But I have a slight problem with signing a petition on a website that says among other things, the following:
First, I don't believe in global warming, and it seems to me, they do.
Second, although they didn't say "animal rights", I'm seriously suspicious they might be in league with the Humane Society of the United States, or even worse, PETA. Until I know for sure, I'm not touching that petition.

But that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :D

The green you are referring to is the host company for the on-line petition, not CLSD. CLSD is trying to be the lead on Constitutional Carry in Michigan and is planning a rally in Lansing in May 2012. CLSD is not associated nor does it reflect the policy of Care2. CLDS is using the on-line petition service only.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
Venator, is correct the site is a third party site that allows for people to form online petitions. There are thousands of petitions on the site from all political view points. It has nothing to do with CLSD and other petitions that are on the site do not necessarily reflect CLSD's beliefs. Also, the petition is not finished yet.

In regards to the conjecture of the origins of CLSD that is completely false and this issue has been addressed on this forum.
It is not based in facts.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Venator, is correct the site is a third party site that allows for people to form online petitions. There are thousands of petitions on the site from all political view points. It has nothing to do with CLSD and other petitions that are on the site do not necessarily reflect CLSD's beliefs. Also, the petition is not finished yet.

In regards to the conjecture of the origins of CLSD that is completely false and this issue has been addressed on this forum.
It is not based in facts.
See, I knew someone would correct me. :)

OC4me

Vermont always had Constitutional Carry, then Alaska, then Arizona. Constitutional Carry is only just beginning as a serious movement and it has in no way run out of steam. Like Florida with their shall-issue concealed carry law, it was a trend-setter. 20 years from now I predict that the majority of States will go over to the Constitutional Carry system. Montana is currently Constitutional Carry everywhere except cities and they are very likely to be changing that this year. There are serious Constitutional Carry movements in numerous other States.

It will happen in Michigan, give it a few good years of effort. That effort starts now with petitions like the one proposed. The Antis have no good argument against Constitutional Carry (like they had no good argument against concealed-carry). Constitutional Carry has not been a problem in Vermont, Alaska nor Arizona!

I very much look forward to this trend.

Last edited:

Gort

When this petition is not backed up by a reputable organization for gun rights, and I cannot read the petition.

I am skeptical, on signing this petition, as it may not be used for constitutional carry in Michigan,
but some other purpose.

If the petition, is backed by Michigan Open Carry, then I will sign.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
When this petition is not backed up by a reputable organization for gun rights, and I cannot read the petition.

I am skeptical, on signing this petition, as it may not be used for constitutional carry in Michigan,
but some other purpose.

If the petition, is backed by Michigan Open Carry, then I will sign.
So, you're saying the Citizens' League for Self Defense is not a reputable organization?

Gort

So, you're saying the Citizens' League for Self Defense is not a reputable organization?

My mistake, I did not notice that Generaldet had posted this petition, I have all the respect for what he is doing for the rights of the people of Michigan and look forward to reading this petition, and I will support this petition.
Again My mistake.

SIGKzoo

i don't think anyone trusts or gets who is behind this petition. it does not surprise me that it still has ZERO signatures.

Generaldet

i don't think anyone trusts or gets who is behind this petition. it does not surprise me that it still has ZERO signatures.

Are you serious? Perhaps you did not read the other posts. There are ZERO signatures because the petition has not been completed and released yet. In the next few days this will be out.

You can't sign something that doesn't yet exist.

Last edited:

Super Trucker

You might want to slow down a bit. The petition is not done yet so obviously it has no signatures, and if you personally do not know who is behind it, I suggest you ask. Many of us do know who is behind it and are members of his org.

www.citizensleaguesd.com is the web site and his handle on the forum is generaldet

Last edited:

Generaldet

Thanks Super Trucker. This will be finished shortly and as Eastmeyers suggested I'll create a thread for it.

We hope to announce the date for the rally in Lansing soon as well. The paperwork has been filled with the state, I'd just like to get confirmation before we announce it to avoid any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.