• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Union Leader reports on HB 330 hearing (constitutional carry)

sharkey

I read the text of 330 and while it could be cleaned up I don't understand this comment in the article:

Penny Dean, a gun-rights attorney, urged rejection of the bill, which she called, "horrible, horrible, horrible." She said the language in it raises a list of vague wording that will give police free rein to stop anyone with a weapon.

or this one;

John Hohenwarter, a Washington, D.C., based liaison for the National Rifle Association, urged delay on the bill, agreeing with Dean that it could lead to police abuse.

He said it interferes with the right to self-defense, and argued that police are not obligated to protect anyone.

Can someone explain what I'm missing please?

And then we have this gem from Fish and Game Maj. Kevin Jordan.

A loaded gun poses safety risks to anyone in a vehicle, he said, not only from movement of the weapon but in the instances of a car crash or air bag deployment.

I've never heard of a gun going off in a crash, LPG tanks exploded on many cop cars here in AZ, but never a gun to my knowledge.

We have the border problem, not you. Don't try to take our spotlight! :lol:

The New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police also opposed the bill. Salem Chief Paul Donovan said that particularly in border communities, police worry Massachusetts gang and drug activity that moves here will become more violent.

doobie

I read the text of 330 and while it could be cleaned up I don't understand this comment in the article:

or this one;

Can someone explain what I'm missing please?

And then we have this gem from Fish and Game Maj. Kevin Jordan.

I've never heard of a gun going off in a crash, LPG tanks exploded on many cop cars here in AZ, but never a gun to my knowledge.

We have the border problem, not you. Don't try to take our spotlight! :lol:

Sure, I can help clarify.... in NH there are 3 major gun groups. They never agree on anything, and are always against whatever the other does.

There's a "NRA" group, they like compromise. There is a "GOA/JPFO" group, they'll come at you saying, Nuclear weapons are acceptable for common possession so long as they aren't used and hope to get machine guns and suppressors legal (without asking for government permission) in the end. And then there is the "Don't listen to them, listen to me!" crazy group that who knows what they really are trying to do other than block everyone else.

Butch00

Why are so many Police Chiefs worthless Jerks. If they
don't like the Constitution then Quit. If they can't support
the Constitution FIRE them.