• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisc democrats can be charged with a felony for going into hiding.

Should any REP. who flees should be charged?

• Total voters

Huck

Governor Walker is going about dealing with those lamers in the wrong way. As I understand it, if a elected official fails to show up and do the job that they were elected to do, their seat can be declared vacant due to abandonment. Then the Governor can appoint another person to fill that seat/position.

Apparently, I heard wrong. According to the Wisconsin Constitution the Governer can fill vacancies but I found nothing that stated that he could declare a seat to be vacant. I should've checked this out before I posted. My apologies folks.

Article 4, section 14.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/rsb/unannotated_wisconst.pdf

XDFDE45

He will be out next election...anyone want to bet lunch on it?
He won the election 52%-46%. The state was done with Doyle in office for 2 terms. We owe Minnesota 58.7 million from a tax reciprocity agreement that is no longer in effect AND now we (the state) owe the medical malpractice fund $225 million after it was illegally raided by Doyle back in 2007. Despite the protesters in Madison I don't think Walker will be voted out anytime soon unless he makes a bigger mess of things than when he was voted in. I'll take that bet.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Isn't there a law in WI that even if they break the law, they cannot be arrested while they are "in session" regardless of where they are at?

If they failed to show, how could they be "in session?" Roll call is taken at the beginning of each session. If you're not on the rolls, you're not in session. You're AWOL.

When one holds public office, failing to discharge the duties of one's office, including failing to show up for work, is a punishable offense.